• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Audio Clip from Redub of Pokemon: Mastermind of Mirage

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
God Gundam

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 12:22 am Reply with quote
http://pokebeach.com/news/0706/comic-con/mastermind.mp3 Here is an audio clip from Comic-Con of the new redub of the Pokemon: Master of Mirage special that originally aired on April 29. The special has been redubbed with the voices that will be used for the new season of Pokemon and not the horrible voices we originally heard. These new voices sound almost exactly like the original 4Kids dub. Anyone who doesn't know the voice actors changed won't be able to tell. Ash sounds like Veronica Taylor and not Luffy, Brock sounds like Eric Stuart and not some homosexual fruitcake and Misty sounds EXACTLY like Rachael Lillis and not some overacting 13-year-old. Many of the other voices, such as Max and Professor Oak, sound just like the voices they've always had.

I think it's safe to say that the PUSA dub is officially a good dub. They have really turned it around from the travesty it was before. Now the only thing to be bitter about is the fact that they threw a talented group of actors who have been putting their hearts and souls into this series for eight years to the wayside just because they didn't want to pay them. But that's nothing compared to the anger we felt before.
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 12:54 am Reply with quote
Not that I'm a fan of Pokemon, but those new voices sound exactly like the old ones Shocked. However, they also sound a little more refined in terms of delivery, like they're taking their time and actually going with the flow as opposed to wailing out all kinds of silly dialogue.

Meh, still not gonna' watch the series though...
fighterholic

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 1:38 am Reply with quote
Tony K. wrote:
Not that I'm a fan of Pokemon, but those new voices sound exactly like the old ones Shocked. However, they also sound a little more refined in terms of delivery, like they're taking their time and actually going with the flow as opposed to wailing out all kinds of silly dialogue.

I haven't been able to hear the so called "new terrible" voices that were on the one special that everyone made a big wallop about, but I can say that Misty definetly sounds the same as before. Pretty much everyone else sounded okay, my only problem was Pikachu sounds a bit more girly now.

Quote:
Meh, still not gonna' watch the series though...

Doesn't change my mind either, they lost me too long ago.
PantsGoblin
Subscriber
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 6:03 am Reply with quote
fighterholic wrote:
Pretty much everyone else sounded okay, my only problem was Pikachu sounds a bit more girly now.

Um, it was the same voice. Pikachu's voice is universal. Ikue Otani is the voice of Pikachu worldwide and I can tell they didn't change it here.

Edit: Mostly worldwide. Some countries change her voice for some reason.
God Gundam

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 7:46 am Reply with quote
Also, maybe Pikachu IS a girl.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1