• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Trigun Boxed Set

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hiei77

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 6:27 pm Reply with quote
Well i really want to buy the Trigun Complete Box Set, but I saw it for $45, with 3 discs at amazon by one seller, then another says it was $100, but it has 8 discs. So my question is - Do you think the cheap one is a bootleg? Because i don't know how they can fit 26 episodes on 3 discs. Please i need some help on this! Maybe someone who knows there way around a bootleg?
Steventheeunuch

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 6:32 pm Reply with quote
Hiei77 wrote:
Well i really want to buy the Trigun Complete Box Set, but I saw it for $45, with 3 discs at amazon by one seller, then another says it was $100, but it has 8 discs. So my question is - Do you think the cheap one is a bootleg? Because i don't know how they can fit 26 episodes on 3 discs. Please i need some help on this! Maybe someone who knows there way around a bootleg?

If you take a look at the release/review lists at AnimeonDVD.com, you'll get a good idea.

With Trigun, there's two three disc sets, and one eight disc set. so any 26 episode 3 disc sets would be a bootleg, more than likely. Best to avoid Smile
Hiei77

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 6:40 pm Reply with quote
Steventheeunuch wrote:
Hiei77 wrote:

If you take a look at the release/review lists at AnimeonDVD.com, you'll get a good idea.

With Trigun, there's two three disc sets, and one eight disc set. so any 26 episode 3 disc sets would be a bootleg, more than likely. Best to avoid Smile

Whoa, thanks a lot. You definately saved me a bunch of money. Guess i won't be buying that set anytime soon!
Dargonxtc

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 6:52 pm Reply with quote
Plus for the prices you quoted, you would have been really getting hosed. $45 for a bootleg is astronomical, geez.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
unhealthyman

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 7:02 pm Reply with quote
If something seems too good to be true, then it usually is.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1