• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
HENNEKO (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DKL

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:16 pm Reply with quote
I don't know if it's because I saw this 1am in the morning, but I was completely confused during the entire episode after everyone got their wishes in...

So main character-kun's problem is that he now can't suppress his thoughts, the one girl he meets at the stone cat now can't change facial expressions and voice inflection and the... princess...? character can't speak what she really means?

Then for whatever reason, lead-kun ends up as princess's dog?

And it's all part of an elaborate plot to get everyone (deadpan-chan) back to normal?

Anyway, yeah, I got lost.

Will be sure to watch next week since the girls are cute.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 5:27 pm Reply with quote
Episode 2
My heart was not ready for the kawaiiness of this series. No but seriously, this episode was cute with those doggy poses.

The ED song was also full of cuteness. The thing that I didn't find cute was the ending though because those girls...as in the way they were talking to Azusa.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 5:51 pm Reply with quote
Ugh I was liking this episode till the end. Why must anime use that cheap technique to create unnecessary drama? He could have EASILY explained what was going on, but nope he had to stay silent after she assumed this was all a set up tospoiler[ let her guard down and confront her past bullies. ] I have never complained about cheap writing before, but I had to do it for this episode.
Treeborn

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 6:00 pm Reply with quote
Much better episode than the previous one. All laughs until the end. Bullying always brings me down :/ but I'm sure that's true for everyone.
Lol I doubt explaining that you made a wish to stone cat with the girl next to you to amplify your perversion (that was his wish right? Not sure) and you believe your facade went into her so you took her on a date to get it back is something that you would tell a girl when she's crying. If anything, she'll think your making up some BS and get even more mad
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 6:41 pm Reply with quote
Treeborn wrote:
Much better episode than the previous one. All laughs until the end. Bullying always brings me down :/ but I'm sure that's true for everyone.
Lol I doubt explaining that you made a wish to stone cat with the girl next to you to amplify your perversion (that was his wish right? Not sure) and you believe your facade went into her so you took her on a date to get it back is something that you would tell a girl when she's crying. If anything, she'll think your making up some BS and get even more mad

He doesn't need to explain the stone cat. He could have just grabbed her hands and sincerely told her he wanted to go on a date. Also he could have jumped in the conversation with her and the bullies to show that she had friends and wasn't a loner, but nope he just watches.
Treeborn

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:05 pm Reply with quote
Hmm i guess that's true. Actually, that is what should have happened since his facade is now gone, but oh well. Can't be helped. Makes about as much sense as some of the other stuff out there this season :p
KLAC
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:41 pm Reply with quote
ep.2

spoiler[yoto going idea plan being azuka's dog til tsukiko think bad idea go maid-animal cafe see azuka work there so after leave & watch then mean guy scared tsukiko.

so yoto grab tsukiko to safety then azuka working on construction site so new plan yoto date azuka & some oops tsukiko to rescue to arcade fun time.

give tsukiko own'd all games & azuka not good til give her a turtle all fine then azuka clean her face then uh-oh steel queen alert & also happen to be tsukiko's sister.

so run away for yoto & tsukiko while azuka oh no yea "trouble" appear cause moment yoto & tsukiko came back azuka been hurt talking by dark skin girls.

& azuka feel i was used/puppet part of messed-up doing of yoto & tsukiko indeed drama just kick in big time. ]
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:50 am Reply with quote
Episode 2

I am really enjoying this series, both OP and ED are great. I liked the child like stories, like him spoiler[being the dog, and about her day, trying to put stalking] in a good way. I really actually just figured out a layer of the series' name half way through, Tsukiko is a stony cat, he mentioned that she is like a cat, and she has a stony face now.

I enjoyed picking up Tsukiko's emotions, she seems to have a crush on Youto, evidence by being angry at him wanting to go on a date with Azusa. By the fact that she can't show emotion, it makes her character all the more hard to read, like the fact she seemed to imply that she has a hard time due to spoiler[no parents or brothers. Didn't realize the first time that it omitted sisters as we found out the track team president is her elder sister]. I laughed at when he tried to cover himself by saying there is spoiler[another girl too], and when all the people spoiler[escaped in different directions she did not know which direction to run]. That kind of reminded me of Nanami for some reason.

The series is really reminding me of Sakurasou as it is going on, the drama and comedy style feel very similar, and even the lack of visible emotion of Tsukiko is very similar to Mashiro. There was also a dramatic scene later on, which was somewhat frustrating at how useless our lead was, although perhaps he was worried that he would say the wrong thing, like he is not sure he can honestly say he is a friend yet, and it might sound like he was making fun of her.

Cool how the ending seemed to show the comparison of what Tsukiko is like now, and what she probably wants to be like. Interestingly I noticed the other one seems to be a little taller. But did spoiler[the dutch wife] have to appear. Anime smile + sweatdrop
ZorgonXtreme

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:48 pm Reply with quote
Ah, this show is awesome. Adorable girls, an interesting premise, plot and execution and it's just a lot of fun.

So, episode 2
==========

Watching Tsu-whatever (what a complex name!) is so enjoyable. She's so cute and figuring her emotions via action rather then facial expressions is great. I didn't expect spoiler[the track president to be her sister] and I loved Yoto's escape plan.

I like watching the dynamic between these characters, though I think that they're chasing around too much with Azusa rather then just confront her (though the chase is much more entertaining).

Finally, this hat? It does nothing for her. She's look so much better without any chapeau on that sweet little noggin.
DKL

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:31 pm Reply with quote
So I saw episode 2...

The spoiler[pet cafe] thing was kinda top-tier.

But I'm not gonna lie... this show is so confusing to me right now.

I thought that the deal with the one chick with the blonde hair was that she was now forced into this position where she maintains a facade during moments where she needs it to project some kind of strong persona (?)...

(like when she didn't want to go spoiler["YES MASTER" at the cafe, she went "YES MASTER"] anyway, despite all her inner resistance, because it's the "professional" thing to do)

But then the stuff at the end of the episode happens and it's like I'm still not sure what exactly her deal is now, because she stays silent during the spoiler[scene with her former schoolmates (bullies?)] and then she openly talks about how she thinks that spoiler[lead-kun purposely trapped her in a position where she had to come across as weak].

I still have no idea what is going on with this character.

I'mma keep watching anyway and maybe it'll make sense to me one day.

EDIT:

Okay, I'm reading the wiki now lol
Riddley

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:58 pm Reply with quote
After eppy 2 I'm on the fence about this one. It showed faint promise of becoming like Sakurasou. I'll keep watching until it annoys me too much.

And it wouldn't have to do much to achieve that...
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:25 pm Reply with quote
Dropped. Didn't even make it a third of the way through the second eppie. The comedy just isn't working for me. Eh, it happens.
bonbonsrus

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:17 pm Reply with quote
I debated dropping this in the first ep, (there is just SO MANY I am currently watching!) but the second ep makes me think I will hang around longer. It's a fluff show to be sure, nothing I need, but nothing I don't need either. I am wondering when we will meet the other girls other half, the one who needed the expressions. So far, I am happy enough to see where it will go next.
ZorgonXtreme

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:26 pm Reply with quote
I just like the cute girls and funny situations.

I've come to realize that not every show has to be Lain or Kino for me to enjoy it (though I can't quite recall the last show other then those two that I enjoyed on that level).
Parse Error

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:43 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
The comedy just isn't working for me.

I'm still with it so far. There was a bit more of a mix the comedy then what I feared would happen, such as the bit with spoiler[the track team captain prancing around in circles trying to decide which direction to go], which was both a nice little visual gag and kind of cute at the same time. I was only frustrated by the part toward the end which was already mentioned, but not enough to negate everything else.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 2 of 7