• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
[OT] Just got back from Japan

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fighterholic

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 7:38 pm Reply with quote
I just got in today. I made sure to stop by various stores that were selling anime and manga, and what I found was amazing. So amazing in fact, that I didn't want to leave. I bought plenty of manga, some CD's and some gashapons, but I didn't even touch anime. At the cheapest end they were 2400 yen for a two episode disc, and those were second hand. They also had plenty of hentai PC games that they had their own section. And Haruhi Suzumiya is not failing Very Happy Also out is an anime type fighting game called Melty Blood based on the manga series Tsukihime. I tried a couple of times and got my ass kicked. But anybody who has ways of geting this game need to try it out. It really kicks ass. The manga series I bought will be posted in the What Did You Just Buy? thread just as soon as I get the package I had to send from Japan (that's what you get when you buy so much stuff).
v1cious

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 7:58 pm Reply with quote
yeah Melty Blood has been a PC game for some time now. i really hope they port over the new game, "Melty Blood: Act Cadenza".
omar235

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 8:02 pm Reply with quote
Thats awsome you got to take a trip to Japan, its something I've been wanting to do for a long time. Its seems you had a lot of fun there, you also took advantage of the time spent there well. Here are some quick questions, how much did it cost to stay in a hotel over there? How expensive was it to eat out? Anyways glad you had fun. Smile
fighterholic

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 8:26 pm Reply with quote
I have friends in Japan so I didn't have to stay at a hotel Very Happy The expense of the food depends on which place you eat at, but they're mostly reasonable prices like at the convenience stores and stuff. They're going to port Act Cadenza to the Japanese PS2 next month. When I get my pictures developed I'll have to post what I saw while over there.
x_Hisoka_x

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 9:05 pm Reply with quote
Wow, that's pretty amazing. I've always wanted to go to Japan. I have to go sometime in my life. Just a few questions. How much is yen in Canadian/American dollars (do either one depending on where your from). Also what is a gashapon? Did you see any drifters?
frentymon
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 9:16 pm Reply with quote
Anime_Newcomer wrote:
How much is yen in Canadian/American dollars (do either one depending on where your from)

I believe that 100 yen is very close to one American dollar. Not sure if it's slightly more or slightly less, though it's pretty close.
fighterholic

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 9:53 pm Reply with quote
It was about 114 yen to the US dollar when I was over there. A gashapon is a little ball that opens up and has a prize in it. You put money into a machine to get it. It will usually be from a certain anime or game series. Also when I was over there riding on the trains, they had women only cars.
Azathrael

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 10:06 pm Reply with quote
fighterholic wrote:
It was about 114 yen to the US dollar when I was over there. A gashapon is a little ball that opens up and has a prize in it. You put money into a machine to get it. It will usually be from a certain anime or game series. Also when I was over there riding on the trains, they had women only cars.

The women only cars are probably due to the groping problems that are quite frequent in trains. I've read about it somewhere and it seems that it's not much of a solution when it promotes segregation and does not solve the issue of female gropers groping other females. :/
omar235

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 11:15 pm Reply with quote
Women only cars, I cant believe they would go that far. Though I wonder if there are less gropings than before.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1