• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
[Looking for series with dragons or transformation.]

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Unformed8

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 1:50 pm Reply with quote
I would just want to know about animes whit Dragons, aint seen many. So im asking Wink

Or just generaly Transformation stuff, want to see more after seeing Fruits Basket.

[EDIT: You know, I REALLY want to lock your thread for having almost no relevance whatsover. Your thread title sucked big time ambiguity, your post doesn't tell us anything as to WHY you even like or want these kinds of titles, and your spelling could use a little work.

However, since it's your first post, I'll assume you're new to this whole ANN gig. So if you could do me a favor and least read Teh Rules before continuing to post further, I'd appreciate it. Thanks. -TK
]
Space_cowboy64

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 6:14 pm Reply with quote
Wow yea I want to know also what else to watch after watching fruits basket. I love that show.

Dragons’ eyeee well Escaflowne is right up your street especially if you like fruits basket. It’s filled with romance, drama, action, Mecha and above all DRAGONS!!! Yes there are a few dragons and they are essential in one episode. So if your a dragon fan make sure you check out Escaflowne

Hope this helps

Space
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Mushiko

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 8:20 am Reply with quote
More anime with dragons: most traditional fantasy series tend to have dragons of the nasty, fire-belching type. Both Record of Lodoss War and the various Slayers incarnations have plenty of those. Especially the third Slayers series, Slayers Try, centers on dragons, and spoiler[one of the main characters is actually a dragon that can shapeshift into human form (some of these are encountered already at the end of the second series, Slayers Next).] (Not really a spoiler, just to be safe.)

Mostly dragons tend to be more like fantasy props than actual characters. At least Petite Princess Yucie has an ancient dragon as a side character and a baby dragon as a sort of mascot.

Of course, there is a dragon of the Eastern variety in Spirited Away. And the upcoming Ghibli film, Gedo Senki, based on Le Guin's Earthsea trilogy, should also have a dragon or two.
-gecko-

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 8:28 am Reply with quote
Depending on the sophistication level you want, if it's quantity of dragons, then definately check out Dragon Drive . There are plenty of daragons used in fighting tournaments.

I bought this for the kids, and enjoyed it, but haven't finished it yet (there are alot of discs to the release).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1