• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
any news on zatch bell uncut

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hikaru393

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 4:01 pm Reply with quote
is there any news on zatch bell uncut because i want to kow if i should start buying the dub dvd's if there is not going to be an uncut version?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Anime Lord

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 4:51 pm Reply with quote
hikaru393 wrote:
is there any news on zatch bell uncut because i want to kow if i should start buying the dub dvd's if there is not going to be an uncut version?

Probably not anytime soon, but instead of getting the dub DVDs you should get the Japanese DVDs off of an international online store. They run from 29.99 to in some cases for rare titles, 40.00. The DVDs won't have english subtitles, and are Region 2, so you would need a Region 2 DVD player or a computer that can play them. Also, I forgot the name of the online store that I've seen them at, I believe it was Asia-something. I'll post again when I find it so I can give you the store's name. Smile
Rªdì¢âl_£Ð

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 5:02 pm Reply with quote
Anime Lord wrote:
hikaru393 wrote:

Probably not anytime soon, but instead of getting the dub DVDs you should get the Japanese DVDs off of an international online store. They run from 29.99 to in some cases for rare titles, 40.00. The DVDs won't have english subtitles, and are Region 2, so you would need a Region 2 DVD player or a computer that can play them. Also, I forgot the name of the online store that I've seen them at, I believe it was Asia-something. I'll post again when I find it so I can give you the store's name. Smile

Well from what I noticed, most Region 2 Japanese DVDs don't have English subtitles. The exceptions would be movies, especially high profile ones so that leaves Zatch Bell out. So unless you know Japanese, then those DVDs won't be worth much. And any "imported" DVD with subtitles are most likely bootlegs, especially if they're Region 0, have Chinese subtitles, and cram a lot of episodes on a disc.

Another option is fansubs but I'm not too sure about any groups following this series. Even if I did, we can't discuss such things here. You'll have to look on your own.

And though Viz is releasing uncut DVDs for Naruto, I'm not certain what they plan to do with Zatch Bell. It's no where near as popular and doesn't have a fanatic fanbase. But, being that this is Viz, the possibility is considerably higher than say something licensed by 4Kids.
Anime Lord

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 5:41 pm Reply with quote
I found the website. Its yesasia.com. Here's the link to the DVD volume one:http://us.yesasia.com/en/PrdDept.aspx/code-j/section-videos/pid-1002895879/

When you search for the Zatch Bell stuff on Yes-Asia, type in Gash Bell. That is the Japanese name, and what the website calls it. Also, the DVDs seem to only have 2 episodes each and some of them are listed at around 37.99. Wink
Dargonxtc

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 5:55 pm Reply with quote
Dang I typed in Cowboy Bebop, only 2 episodes per cd. $61

If you get the box set you save some money only $396

How much are these things in Japan in US dollars, please tell me these prices are like this just because that is stores take.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Alex K.

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 8:27 pm Reply with quote
Dargonxtc wrote:

I don't know why you want to import Cowboy Bebop (it was released uncut), but paying $396 for a import box set of a 26-episode series that's been available in the U.S. since 2001 is stupid. And it's not cheap, let me tell you.
Dargonxtc

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 8:34 pm Reply with quote
Alex K. wrote:
Dargonxtc wrote:

I don't know why you want to import Cowboy Bebop (it was released uncut), but paying $396 for a import box set of a 26-episode series that's been available in the U.S. since 2001 is stupid. And it's not cheap, let me tell you.
I was being sarcastic. And I don't want to buy the import. I just wanted to see what the price would be, so I picked a popular show.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Senshi Mizaka

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 10:29 am Reply with quote
Really, I thought the Gash Bell DVDs were already uncut? I was checking on Animenation, and it said it was both English and Japanese.
Dargonxtc

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 12:07 pm Reply with quote
Senshi Mizaka wrote:
Really, I thought the Gash Bell DVDs were already uncut? I was checking on Animenation, and it said it was both English and Japanese.
I think they mean scenes being cut, not the language.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1