• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Who has watched the most anime?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
2Real

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 3:12 pm Reply with quote
I have completed around 155-160 anime titels, I have 3 unfinished (still coming out on TV), and 15 unwatched shows.

I have been watching anime for about 8-9 years now and still love it. I don't know if that is alot of anime or not, but I would like to see and hear about other people.

-thanks to all that post!
Azathrael

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 3:28 pm Reply with quote
I hate admitting this but I've only watched anime for less than 2 years. I watched Galaxy Express 999 and DBZ when I was younger, but I didn't even know it was called "anime" back then since I was too young.

But in those "less than 2 years" time, I've watched over 200 titles, 165 of which I finished (according to my ANN's list), and I have a bookmark full of links to anime that I want to watch when it's available.

So far, the person I know to have the most anime is a user over at a certain fansub hub site. He posted his list as well as a picture of his "anime computer" in the forums: He has multiple harddrives for his anime, he made his own program to organize it, and though he hasn't watched all of it yet, he has over 2000 GB worth of anime. Not that I know how many titles that's equivalent to, but I haven't seen anyone beat that yet. Razz
PantsGoblin
Subscriber
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 4:16 pm Reply with quote
Well, I still don't trust how much anime you've seen 2Real. I've already mentioned this to you before but you seem to be ignoring it. Anyway, I've seen around 200 anime, but I've only finished 108 of them. I'm pretty lazy so it will probably take me a while to finish all of them, by then I'll probably have a whole bunch more new animes to finish though. Oh, if you count the two years of only watching Pokemon then I've been an anime fan for 8 years, if not then 6 years.
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 5:21 pm Reply with quote
Hm.. I don't think it's very nice to brag about how much anime we've seen. A lot of people can also draw misconceptions about how much anime everyone has downloaded, which in my prediction will then turn into a fansub debate, and hence, a lot of flaming. So to spare that, I think I will lock this, unless anyone thinks I'm wrong in my soothsaying.
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1