• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Annoying Anime Character

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wingfreedomstriker

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 8:02 pm Reply with quote
Is there a character in a particular anime series that you find annoying? he/she maybe one of the good or bad guy in the show... characters that I find annoying are:

Gluttony of Full metal Alchemist: why annoying? because spoiler[he eats poor innocent people, like that time when he ate Dr. Marco, probably when he ate him, they also killed the maid they used as a hostage.]

Yunna Roma Seiran of Gundam Seed Destiny:spoiler[ why? coz he cut the relationship of Athrun and Cagalli by forcing Cagalli to Marry him and sign a treaty between Orb and the Earth Alliance.]

Last edited by Wingfreedomstriker on Thu Mar 02, 2006 8:24 pm; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Bl00dHoUnD

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 8:09 pm Reply with quote
Excel, in excel saga. Oh man... I watched her... watched 11 eps... she, being the main character, hyperactive, talkative, annoying as hell freak made the series unwatchable for me. I am currently unable to get reinterested in the show, as Excel was such an annoying character it was like a chore to get through each episode. She was so dumb and so stupid, I wished she woulda died in the first episode. Then the show woulda been great with just Nabeshin, no damn Excel to annoy the hell outta me and talk, and talk, and talk pointlessly in a very, very, unfunny outcome.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
mitora

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 8:17 pm Reply with quote
Wingfreedomstriker wrote:

Yunna Roma Seiran of Gundam Seed Destiny: why? spoiler[ coz he cut the relationship of Athrun and Cagalli by forcing Cagalli to Marry him and sign a treaty between Orb and the Earth Alliance.]

Spoiler tag? As in, why did you not use one? >.<

In any case, this subject was brought up sometime in October I believe...I pointed out that Jaken from Inuyasha always annoyed me. He is always running around yelling his little green head off....ugh.

Actually while I'm here...Shippo bugs the crap out of me too. The comedy in IY has been driving me crazy lately....that raccoon friend of Miroku's is so...idiotic.
one3rd

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 8:21 pm Reply with quote
Regarding Excel, I must ask whether you watched it with English audio or Japanese audio. Her English voice is harsh and grating and I absolutely can't stand it even for a second. Her Japanese voice, however, is more like a hyper-active teenage girl. Annoying, perhaps, but I find it to be quite tolerable. Believe it or not, Excel's voice actress also did Misato in Evangelion.
Azathrael

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 9:02 pm Reply with quote
Excel's the Japanese equivalent of the girl from My Sassy Girl for me. Absolutely kawaii. Razz

One major character I could not stand myself to like was Shinn Asuka from Gundam SEED Destiny. He's the talented-rookie-with-the-snobbish-attitude that I wanted to smack everytime I saw him. Even at the end I didn't think he deserved spoiler[Lunamaria's affection, or however you want to interpret that hugging-on-the-moon scene.]
fighterholic

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 9:57 pm Reply with quote
Excel from the series of the same name. Annoying, talks too fast, no-brainer, and just can't get the fact spoiler[that Ilpallazzo doesn't like her.] Also, Kobayashi from Puni Puni Poemy for the same reasons. I think her voice is worse in the English version.
bReAkDoWn^RT

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 10:10 pm Reply with quote
Yea, gluttony was REALLY annoying. spoiler[I was always thinking who he would eat next,I was also expecting a fight between him and Ed at the end though :\]
Thanatos01s2

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 10:44 pm Reply with quote
Excel in Excel saga. "nuff said. No its not, her voice and character actually made me quit watching the anime through the middle, only time this ever happened.
Digital Dreamer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 11:38 pm Reply with quote
Pikachu (Pokemon)- The fact that the electric gerbal just says veriations on his name again and again. I would of loved seem the the expression on Ohtani Ikue's face when they told here "By the way.... here is your script"

Don Kanonji (Bleach) - The guy is a tool. Especially now that it's him and the 3 kids plus Kon making the occasional filler episode.
For some strange reason, I don't watch these episodes.
Thanatos01s2

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 12:33 am Reply with quote
Wingfreedomstriker wrote:

Gluttony of Full metal Alchemist: why annoying? because spoiler[he eats poor innocent people, like that time when he ate Dr. Marco[/b]],

spoiler[probably when he ate him, they also killed the maid they used as a hostage.]

Spoiler tag this genius spoiler[he ate Dr. Marco], you were just outside a spoiler and thanks to you I read it.

[EDIT: Added the spoiler tags for you. -TK]

Last edited by Thanatos01s2 on Fri Mar 03, 2006 12:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Zalis116

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 12:33 am Reply with quote
one3rd wrote:
Regarding Excel, I must ask whether you watched it with English audio or Japanese audio. Her English voice is harsh and grating and I absolutely can't stand it even for a second. Her Japanese voice, however, is more like a hyper-active teenage girl. Annoying, perhaps, but I find it to be quite tolerable. Believe it or not, Excel's voice actress also did Misato in Evangelion.

I think Excel's supposed to be annoying in any language, so you get annoyed, the show has fulfilled its purpose Smile And btw, the VA who plays Excel in Japanese, Mitsuishi Kotono, plays other characters such as Mireille in Noir, Usagi in Sailor Moon, Maze in Maze, and Juri in Utena--she's one of my favorites.

Annoying characters:

Touma from Sakura Diaries--he's a bit clueless, but the main problem is his lies, deception, and decision to spoiler[try the rape route (and fail)] instead of playing it cool. Plus, he just doesn't understand the "percentage play" aspect of dating.

Kira, Yura, and various other characters from Futakoi including the lead male...if I have to hear "Yes, Kira-chan! / Yes, Yura-chan!" one more time, I swear I'll...
fighterholic

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 2:20 am Reply with quote
It's probably beeter to watch Excel Saga in Japanese, that way you don't get the poorest English dialogue there could be.

I also think the guy who's always hitting on Hyatt is annoying also. He is a pervert, and unorganized.
PantsGoblin
Subscriber
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 3:04 am Reply with quote
Digital Dreamer wrote:
I would of loved seem the the expression on Ohtani Ikue's face when they told here "By the way.... here is your script"

She's probably getting payed thousands of dollars for saying "pikachu!" over and over again, doesn't seem like a bad deal to me. Hmm, characters I find annoying...

I can say that all of the female characters in Mouse as well as the anime in general annoyed me. I didn't really find Mouse himself that annoying though. Shinji from Eva annoys me cause he's a wimp, but I don't really consider it a bad thing for the anime since that's one of the things that made Eva interesting. That's all I can think of for now.
Abarenbo Shogun

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 6:07 am Reply with quote
Rock Lee. I mean, what is his purpose in life other than being a complete idiot and lovestruck douchebag that looks like a ninja reject from Robin Hood: Men in Tights?
Abarenbo Shogun

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 6:19 am Reply with quote
[Please don't feed the troll. PantsGoblin, you too. -Nagi]
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3