• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
will there be an anime for deathnote?

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NyuuChan

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 2:42 am Reply with quote
i was just finishing, oh i'd say chapter 9 in deathnote...and i really, really like this. will there be an anime? cause that would kick SO MUCH ass.
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 3:02 am Reply with quote
I don't see why not. If something as crappy as Samurai Girl Real Bout High School can get an anime adaptation, I'm pretty sure Death Note could get one if some company saw a bunch of dollar signs around it.

Maybe they're just waiting for the manga to get far enough, with an eventual anime to come. You never know...
NyuuChan

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 3:20 am Reply with quote
Tony K. wrote:
I don't see why not. If something as crappy as Samurai Girl Real Bout High School can get an anime adaptation, I'm pretty sure Death Note could get one if some company saw a bunch of dollar signs around it.

Maybe they're just waiting for the manga to get far enough, with an eventual anime to come. You never know...

well, on teh web it is up in chapter 85 or so, i dunno....

what the hell is samurai boobies high school what?
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 9:41 am Reply with quote
NyuuChan wrote:
what the hell is samurai boobies high school what?

Samurai Girl Real Bout High School. A crappy title about a girl swordsman that fights "professionally" at her high school. She's in the kendou club, has a crush on this one guy, and has a romantic rival that she often fights.

However, it all changes in the first episode when she is chosen as some kind of "guardian" to protect this shrine priestess from an alternate universe of demons and monsters. She's accompanied by her friends and trained by some old guy whose name I don't even remember to fight all of them off.

It's 13 episodes of crappy fights, bad animation, cheesy music, annoying fanservice, shallow characters, even more uninspired character designs, and a plot that neither starts well nor ends at all. Even with seiyuu of the likes of Seki Tomokazu and Yukino Satsuki, this abomination of an anime can't be salvaged. It's a total and utter piece of crap series.

The only reason I haven't given it the lowest rating possible is because I enjoyed the one short parody they made of Iron Chef.
NyuuChan

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 10:36 am Reply with quote
sounds like a crapped up version of Excel Saga (imo very, very funny!) by the iron chef thing.

the only part of ES that bugs me is that she wants to eat mince....poor dog.
one3rd

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 11:52 am Reply with quote
NyuuChan wrote:
will there be an anime?

Only if there's an official announcement, which you'll probably see on ANN if there is one.
hikaru393

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 12:04 pm Reply with quote
right now there making 2 live action death note movies that are said to cover pretty much all of the manga so there might not be an anime.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
NyuuChan

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 12:34 pm Reply with quote
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

i do NOT want a live action of deathnote!!!! i would rather have an anime, or at least an OVA or two, you know?

live action died for me ever since mortal kombat.
hikaru393

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 1:02 pm Reply with quote
yeah i really wanted an anime for death note hopefully the live action movies wont be that bad and they will make an anime for it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
NyuuChan

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 1:24 pm Reply with quote
why wouldnt they? it seems to be quite a popular little series, what do they have to lose?
hikaru393

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 4:35 pm Reply with quote
most people say deathnote will do much better as an live action then an anime series.
NyuuChan

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 7:41 pm Reply with quote
hikaru393 wrote:
most people say deathnote will do much better as an live action then an anime series.

Um.....why? who in their right mind would want to see a manga=>live action over a manga=>anime?
hikaru393

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 8:20 pm Reply with quote
dont know i would rather have anime but people in japan said deathnote is more liveaction then anime.
Animekid08.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 9:38 pm Reply with quote
hikaru393 wrote:

animenewsnetwork.com/bbs/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=20979
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Ohoni

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 12:08 am Reply with quote
I hope they do make Deathnote into an anime. It's a great manga. They should just do a 13-26 episode series that runs up to the first major shark jumping plot twist (those who read the manga know which one I mean).
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2