• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Speaking of Bleach [Regarding fillers]

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
2Real

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 12:37 am Reply with quote
Speaking of Bleach, I did notice that these episodes coming up are going to be fillers, much to my disapointment. What I realy wanted to know is like 2 things.

1) Dose anyone know how long the fillers are going to last?

2) @nd and probly most relivent, is how far behind the manga is the anime?
-if it is at like Bleach ( in the manga series) 160 or 150 then it might take some time till we see more episodes of the ACTULAY story come out.

Personal note: I want to see the actual story line now damn it! LOL, I love how it has been going so far, and I hope is dosen't disapoint me, even in the filler episodes.
jousha

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 1:00 am Reply with quote
2Real wrote:
1) Dose anyone know how long the fillers are going to last?

Could last as long as Naruto's has, but I don't think anyone knows the true answer (besides the company making it).
xanbcoo

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 1:48 am Reply with quote
According to Bleach7:
Quote:
Ok, good news for some of you. The second part of the two hour specials to be shown on February 14th will actually be the end of this filler arc. Ok, I admit I was wrong, when I said this could last a while. Episode 70, to be shown the following week, will pick right up with the new, and current manga, arc.

Also, the title of Episode 70 is a spoiler for non-manga readers. Look it up if you're interested.
Zalis116

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 5:25 am Reply with quote
It's roughly 35 chapters behind. . .I think the end of the Soul Society Arc is around Ch. 175 of the manga, and the current chapter is 210 or so. Sorry, I just got in from my weekly Wednesday night drinking session, so I don't really feel like checking it. My guess is there'll be about 10 episodes of filler, but Bleach7 may show otherwise.
Ohoni

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 9:51 am Reply with quote
I'm betting more than ten fillers.

At a rough guess, if they animated all the manga chapters currently available it would be fifteen episodes or less. That means that the manga would have only fifteen weeks to get many episodes ahead, which just ain't happening. I'd bet on a full plate of 26+ episodes of filler at this point, I just hope that it's good filler (which I firmly believe is entirely possible), such as dealing with the captains and vice-captians or something.
Azathrael

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 1:13 pm Reply with quote
Sigh, I should've known when they were suddenly rushing to catch up to the manga... I thought they'd just end with an alternative ending, but the damn company's squeezing every penny out of Bleach (same company who owns Naruto, yeah? Or should I have said studio?).
miu

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 3:22 pm Reply with quote
I hope it is good filler too - which leads to another question: were the gag episodes about the spiritualist Don and his team of kids in the manga, based off one page gags but still produced by the "A team", or real filler?s
cyrax777

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 4:36 pm Reply with quote
I gave up on bleach after 64 eps hurray a arc ended ok im done.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
DarkTenshi90

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 4:58 pm Reply with quote
I heard it was going to be a 26 episode filler arc, but I'm not sure. Truthfully, give the fillers a chance. I actually am amazed that there's a story plotted out for it, and an interesting one at that.

Last edited by DarkTenshi90 on Thu Jan 26, 2006 8:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
IchigoK90

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 5:07 pm Reply with quote
Ok after a 2 month absense from the forums I am back..........and with no vengence but despairity to kill some time. Well on the main topic this is a really useless topic to begin with. Everyone saw this coming soo starting a discussion about how long it will be is pretty pointless. From my point of view fillers are good as long as it isn't repetitive which is the case for most filler episodes in other series. I have recently view ep. 65 and so far this "filler" arc seems pretty interesting. People who complain about fillers in long series like Bleach and Naruto are just really annoying. If you can't live through watcing an entire arc of fillers than just drop the series where it stands and just move on to something more interesting until it starts following the manga. For me i'm just gonna live through it and enjoy every episode that comes my way.

"Believe it!"

- IchigoK90
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
patch

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 5:17 pm Reply with quote
IchigoK90 wrote:
Ok after a 2 month absense from the forums I am back...From my point of view fillers are good as long as it isn't repetitive which is the case for most filler episodes in other series. I have recently view ep. 65 and so far this "filler" arc seems pretty interesting...For me i'm just gonna live through it and enjoy every episode that comes my way.

Welcome back Ichigo, well said regarding the "fillers". I think the current storyline, post-spoiler[soul society] arc is great, really enjoying what they're doing so far. The ones who are complaining after these last two great episodes are clueless as far as I'm concerned.
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 7:57 pm Reply with quote
xanbcoo wrote:
According to Bleach7:
Quote:
Ok, good news for some of you. The second part of the two hour specials to be shown on February 14th will actually be the end of this filler arc. Ok, I admit I was wrong, when I said this could last a while. Episode 70, to be shown the following week, will pick right up with the new, and current manga, arc.

Also, the title of Episode 70 is a spoiler for non-manga readers. Look it up if you're interested.

Only ten episodes of filler? That seems unrealitic unless the next story arc is really short.

[quote="Zalis116)]It's roughly 35 chapters behind. . .I think the end of the Soul Society Arc is around Ch. 175 of the manga, and the current chapter is 210 or so.[/quote]

Are you sure? I thought the SS arc ended in the manga about two or three months ago, meaning they would only be about 8-12 chapters in.

I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure the SS arc ended fairly recently.

Azathrael wrote:
Sigh, I should've known when they were suddenly rushing to catch up to the manga... I thought they'd just end with an alternative ending, but the damn company's squeezing every penny out of Bleach (same company who owns Naruto, yeah? Or should I have said studio?).

I think most people would prefer for the anime to cover everything in the manga. And how is showing the entire story 'squeezing every penny out of' it?
IchigoK90

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 9:12 pm Reply with quote
You know what pisses me off when people start b****ing about there being a filler arc in a new on going series? Its the fact that people think they have the right to b***h about "filler" arcs when they are getting to view the TV series for free. I think people take their ability to view Bleach for granted. Bleach already is a great series and yet people who view it for free start complaining about the filler episodes. Heres what I have to say...........stop complaining and shut up with your complaints and deal with it cause your b****ing isn't gonna do s**t.

Sorry but topics that ask this kind of question are starting to piss me off. This is a reason to why I stopped going on for 2 months. People creating topics like this and filling the archive with useless topics that go nowhere with real substance or truth.

"Believe it!"

- IchigoK90
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
CyberViper

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 9:16 pm Reply with quote
I just finished watching Bleach 65 and I don't think they will be too bad...at least hopefully not as bad as the Naruto ones. There seems to be a story that may develop, but it can either turn out to be really bad or really interesting. Who knows.
It's also nice that spoiler[Renji is going to be helping them out. ] Anyway, I am hoping for the best. So far it looks all right.

Also, this may be off topic but does Naruto 169 seem like it could lead somewhere interesting? Or is it just me? Just watched it and I was actually interested in Naruto since like episode 135. Who knows...maybe i'm delusional.
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 9:29 pm Reply with quote
CyberViper wrote:

Also, this may be off topic but does Naruto 169 seem like it could lead somewhere interesting? Or is it just me? Just watched it and I was actually interested in Naruto since like episode 135. Who knows...maybe i'm delusional.

I gave up on the Naruto fillers around episode 160, after the Bounty Hunter two-episoder. I just lost hope that the Naruto fillers where going to get any better. The best of the Naruto fillers where tolerable at best. You know it's bad when the fansub says "There is absolutely nothing worth watching in this episode."
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2