• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
[unnamed TV site]

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
v1cious

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 10:10 pm Reply with quote
so i've been on this site a lot lately, and i notice people are actually posting whole series on here to watch, like Bleach and Outlaw Star. i'm assuming this isn't legal? the weird part is no one seems to be doing anything about it at all.
Nagisa

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 10:55 pm Reply with quote
This thread makes my head hurt. Sad On the one hand, the site in question really shouldn't be named for the fact that it distributes fansubs, and on the other hand, I absolutely love it and want to spread the name around for it actually offering up rare and essentially banned Warner Brothers cartoons (among other lost gems) that nobody's seen in years.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Tenchi

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 11:09 pm Reply with quote
Legally, it's probably the same as regular fansubs, but, ethically, I think it's about the equivalent of watching fansubs at an anime club (or listening to anime songs on streaming Internet radio), since there's no official way you can save the video to your hard drive. (I'm sure there's a hacker way you can do it, but it's not sanctioned by the site.)

Some of the other popular video sites also have fansubs available to view.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DarkTenshi90

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 11:17 pm Reply with quote
They also have tons of anime music videos that you don't have to download to watch, which also adds to the headache Anime dazed
2Real

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 11:27 pm Reply with quote
If he is talking about the same site I'm thinking of, not this one, it has a forum to download fan subs that their site dose.

As far as it being illeagle or not, that is a war with views of anime. I don't think we will see an end to it any time soon either.

Nagisa, if you have ever watched a fan sub, sometimes you will see the site the people represent posted along with e-mails.

If a group of people do decide to do fan subing, I belive it should be descrite as posable. It could come back and bite you in the rear one day. As far as if these shows have been licensed in the states or not can make the issue even harder.

If these sites are distibuting shows that have already been licensed, for example Blood+ which was recent licensed, that can make it even worse.
The Lance

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 12:32 am Reply with quote
2Real wrote:
(stuff)

This is why companies contact the fansubbers and tell them not to distribute their content anymore.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1