• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Hmm!? Bobobo rated Tv-PG?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ryusaki

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 10:04 pm Reply with quote
Hmm... I just started watching Bobobo right(which isn't me,sense I don't usually do) and what would you know! its Tv-PG! and the Opener Said 'Hell'?
patch

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 10:31 pm Reply with quote
So TV-PG just for the "Hell". Laughing

Anything else besides that that constitutes that rating?
ryusaki

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 10:44 pm Reply with quote
teh,nope just the usually waky BS,.. (sorry Bobobo fans!) I just watch it cause IGPX comes on after..
omnistry

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 10:03 am Reply with quote
patch wrote:

Acutally he said "Just for the halibut" (to go with the fish flashback). Maybe it got a TV-PG because of some of the gay tendencies the show seems to be having now and then between Don Patch & Bo-Bo Bo.
ryusaki

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 10:14 pm Reply with quote
omnistry wrote:
patch wrote:

Acutally he said "Just for the halibut" (to go with the fish flashback). Maybe it got a TV-PG because of some of the gay tendencies the show seems to be having now and then between Don Patch & Bo-Bo Bo.

You know what!? Your right!!!... Don Patch is totally gay
camelot187757

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 10:33 pm Reply with quote
Did it seem more mature than ususal cause i heard that the show itself isn't really that childish. Maybe that episode hadn't been edited that heavily so they put on the PG just in case someone had something to say as they watched thier 4 year old son watch i
shirokiryuu

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 11:10 pm Reply with quote
camelot187757 wrote:
Did it seem more mature than ususal cause i heard that the show itself isn't really that childish. Maybe that episode hadn't been edited that heavily so they put on the PG just in case someone had something to say as they watched thier 4 year old son watch i

It's like... don't sue us if you find it inappropriate, we warned you...
ryusaki

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 11:13 pm Reply with quote
shirokiryuu wrote:
camelot187757 wrote:

LOL well can't say anyone would find it inappropriate, ,except for the whole Haku/Zabuza thing. yet ,the fact is...!!! THERE wasn't anything sexual between then.. (plus that make Zabuza a petafille)
ryusaki

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 11:17 pm Reply with quote
uhh...my Bad.. I posted on the Wrong Thread *slaps himself* please dissregard that last post
shirokiryuu

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 11:18 pm Reply with quote
ryusaki wrote:
shirokiryuu wrote:
camelot187757 wrote:

LOL well can't say anyone would find it inappropriate, ,except for the whole Haku/Zabuza thing. yet ,the fact is...!!! THERE wasn't anything sexual between then.. (plus that make Zabuza a petafille)

Some parents can find anything inappropriate... espicially if their child is bad in some way and they blame it on TV rather than their child.

Like the whole "Evolution" concept of Pokemon.. that is is anti-christian for teaching children about evolution
camelot187757

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 11:30 pm Reply with quote
shirokiryuu wrote:
ryusaki wrote:
shirokiryuu wrote:
camelot187757 wrote:

Some parents can find anything inappropriate... espicially if their child is bad in some way and they blame it on TV rather than their child.

Like the whole "Evolution" concept of Pokemon.. that is is anti-christian for teaching children about evolution

Kinda like that whole catholic church harry potter is for sinners thing huh.
But I don't think anyway could find anything wrong with BooBoo-whatever. First You'd have to have an IQ of at least 160 to stomach it without screamin bring back Kenshin and then watch it over 100 times(you'd die of an anuerism after the first 8).
Ranting aside (had a problem with that today; apparently you can't say "butt-raping" up here even if its in a humorous fashion) I think the most "innapropriate(sorry can't spell)" thing is from what I've seen a kid getting hit in the back of the head. So unless the parents don't beat their kids and are against it' they really have nothing to complain about for the whole PG vs Y7 thing.
shirokiryuu

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 1:06 am Reply with quote
camelot187757 wrote:
But I don't think anyway could find anything wrong with BooBoo-whatever. First You'd have to have an IQ of at least 160 to stomach it without screamin bring back Kenshin and then watch it over 100 times(you'd die of an anuerism after the first 8).

I don't think it's that bad... BoBoBo is one of those series with a type of humor that some will love and some won't

just like Excel Saga and FLCL

i guess that type of humor doesn't suit you

(though you shouldn't go around bashing series without saying something like that... it might cause a lot of people to flame at you)
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1