• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Fullmetal Alchemist Opening being changed

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LunarBluestone

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 1:11 am Reply with quote
I'm new, so if I'm doing this wrong please forgive me.

Last Sunday, January 8, Mike McFarland (one of the ADR Directors of Fullmetal Alchemist) announced on another forum that 'Rewrite' will be replacing 'Ready, Steady, Go!' as the opening for Fullmetal Alchemist starting with episode 42 (which will be airing on January 14).

Has anyone else heard this yet? He mentioned that it was announced at Ohayocon, otherwise that's about it.
Seanb
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 1:17 am Reply with quote
That makes sense. I believe that's the episode that the opening changed during the original broadcast in Japan. Ready Steady Go is a great song, and I'll be sad to see it be replaced. Still, I think Rewrite is a great track too, and it's definitely my second favorite FMA song.

Got me interested in Asian Kung Fu Generation too. I'm enjoying most of the stuff I hear coming from them.
CyberViper

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 1:25 am Reply with quote
Hmm...that's interesting but I haven't heard anything about it. I've already watched the series twice subbed, so even if it is changed I won't really mind.

However I like "Rewrite" a lot more than "Ready Steady Go". My friend likes "Ready Steady Go" a lot more. For some reason it's not my kind of song.

Last edited by CyberViper on Thu Jan 12, 2006 2:38 am; edited 1 time in total
shirokiryuu

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 2:23 am Reply with quote
CyberViper wrote:
Hmm...that's interesting but I haven't heard anything about it. I've already watched the series twice subbed, so even if it is changed I won't really mind.

However I like "Rewrite" a lot more than "Ready Steady Go". My friend likes "Ready Steady Go" a lot more. For some reason it's not my mind of song.

Argh, as much as i love L'arc, i love akfg as well...

ahh!

but i like the animation for Rewrite....
v1cious

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 3:39 am Reply with quote
Rewrite is my favorite of the whole series.

Last edited by v1cious on Thu Jan 12, 2006 4:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Berselius

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 3:40 pm Reply with quote
That means undo is skipped completely Anime cry Oh well, rewrite is still awesome.
Bl00dHoUnD

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 4:35 pm Reply with quote
Berselius wrote:
That means undo is skipped completely Anime cry Oh well, rewrite is still awesome.

undo is my favorite one too, sucks that they will be skipping it on adult swim. But I haven't watched the engish ones for about a month now.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
shirokiryuu

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 10:23 pm Reply with quote
Bl00dHoUnD wrote:
Berselius wrote:

undo is my favorite one too, sucks that they will be skipping it on adult swim. But I haven't watched the engish ones for about a month now.

Maybe if Tofu gets Cool Joke Cd's .. but that's pretty unlikely as they get really popular bands/artists like akfg and l'arc
Joe anime

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 10:39 pm Reply with quote
That would be cool if they put the "Rewrite" theme.i saw the
intro on a website and i like the song,but i like "Ready Steady Go" more better.it has a good fast pace beat to it and sounds cool.wait and see this saturday if this is true,i know i will.
LunarBluestone

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 12:56 am Reply with quote
Well, actually what makes this news especially big is that L'Arc-en-Ciel had a contract with [AdultSwim] where "Ready, Stedy, Go!" would be the exclusive opening theme for the entire run of Fullmetal Alchemist. "Melissa" and "Rewrite" were never going to be shown -- only "Ready, Steady, Go!". This was done to promote L'Arc-en-Ciel's first US release of their CD.

Anyway, I'm glad about the announcement. "Ready, Steady, Go!" is too cheerful to fit the storyline now.

Last edited by LunarBluestone on Fri Jan 13, 2006 11:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Advent_Nebula

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 1:25 am Reply with quote
LunarBluestone wrote:
Well, actually what makes this news especially big is that L'Arc-en-Ciel had a contract with [AdultSwim] where "Ready, Stedy, Go!" would be the exclusive opening theme for the entire run of Fullmetal Alchemist. "Millisa" and "Rewrite" were never going to be shown -- only "Ready, Steady, Go!". This was done to promote L'Arc-en-Ciel's first US release of their CD.

Anyway, I'm glad about the announcement. "Ready, Steady, Go!" is too cheerful to fit the storyline now.

The contract was made with Tofu Records then if we are Getting Rewrite.
LunarBluestone

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 1:45 am Reply with quote
Oh....

Things are beginning to come clear. Smile

Still, I was hoping for more confirmation. Saturday is close approaching, so we'll find out one way or another.
shirokiryuu

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 1:58 am Reply with quote
Advent_Nebula wrote:
LunarBluestone wrote:
Well, actually what makes this news especially big is that L'Arc-en-Ciel had a contract with [AdultSwim] where "Ready, Stedy, Go!" would be the exclusive opening theme for the entire run of Fullmetal Alchemist. "Millisa" and "Rewrite" were never going to be shown -- only "Ready, Steady, Go!". This was done to promote L'Arc-en-Ciel's first US release of their CD.

The contract was made with Tofu Records then if we are Getting Rewrite.

THat's why i said earlier that if we want other openings, we have to hope that Tofu records releases other CDs

Though strangely... On my Sol-Fa akfg poster i got from Tofu records.. it mentions that "Haruka Kanata" is one of the Naruto Theme songs, but unless you're seen it out of the U.S. or on fansubs... you wouldn't really care (actually i think maybe the Naruto name is just a big seller)
Beautiful Beast Lee

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 11:18 am Reply with quote
Eh, I say it's no big deal really..To be honest, I was mad when they skipped the "Melissa" opening..THough, I do like Undo..Sucks that they have to keep skipping the songs ><
suna_suna

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 9:44 pm Reply with quote
I am happy that they are changing the opening where it was in japan. of course, i tofu had UNDO, they would have changed it episode 26.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1