• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anything Related to Love Hina

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kalkaii

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 1:07 pm Reply with quote
Hello could anyone refrence to me some anime thats like the type of anime Mouse or Love Hina would be considered ?
PantsGoblin
Subscriber
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 2:53 pm Reply with quote
That would be the harem, bishoujo, fanservice, or whatever you want to call it genre. I can't think of any anime like Mouse. Ai Yori Aoshi is an anime that many people identify as similar to Love Hina. The genre you're talking about is pretty big (most people think there's too many of them), you shouldn't have any problem finding anime like that if you actually look.
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 6:33 pm Reply with quote
As PantsGoblin said, Love Hina is part of the harem genre. I don't know much about Mouse, so I can't say what genre it's part of.

Mahou Sensei Negima is from the creator of Love Hina Ken Akamatsu, so you may want to give that a try. It has been licensed by Funimation and the first volume should come out sometime this year.

Here are some other titles that may interest you:

Girls Bravo:
High schooler Yukinari has had a severe allergy to females ever since he was picked on by girls when he was younger. One day, after walking in on his childhood friend Kirie (who is quite violent) coming out of the shower (in HIS house) he falls into his bathtub and is transported to another world. In the world, there is approximately one male for every one hundred females. While in this world, Yukinari encounters a girl named Miharu who DOESN'T cause him to break out in hives by coming near him. He comes back to earth and Miharu follows him and lives with him.

In addition to Miharu and Kirie, he encounters a number of other interesting characters: there is a rich playboy classmate who has an allergy opposite of Yukinari's (he breaks out in hives whenever he touches a male), his two bodyguards (including a lesbian with the hots for Kirie!) and his black magic using sister who plans on forcing Yukinari to marry her among others.

DearS:
A young man encounters a DearS (a race of alien visitors) who declares herself to be his slave. Mishaps and antics ensue.

Maburaho:
Young man at a magic school suddenly finds himself engaged to three girls at his school. And while most people can use magic thousands of times in their life, he can only use magic 7 times before turning into dust!
patch

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 7:10 pm Reply with quote
Anime recommendations for:
(courtesy Anime-Planet)
kalkaii

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 5:05 pm Reply with quote
Thanks I checked out Onegai Teacher and Maburaho which I can say I love both. =]
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1