• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anime Quote Guessing Game Round 6~!

Goto page Previous  

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Contests and Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Key

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:23 pm Reply with quote
Hint #3: spoiler[One of the speakers is a former prince, while the other is referred to as a monster at more than one point.]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Key

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:00 am Reply with quote
Yeesh! Just realized that I forgot to put up the last clue before I went to bed. I'll make it an extra-big one, so let's see if anyone can nab it in these last 3.5 hours.

Hint #4: spoiler[The "spoilerish activity" in this quote is "drunk poison," which is a very real possibility in the deadly game (and yes, that's meant literally) that these two are playing in this scene.]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Key

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 1:43 pm Reply with quote
My quote's expired, so here's the answer: spoiler[This is Seiran (A) and Sakajun Sa (B) having their decisive "which cup has poison in it" drinking game in one of the late episodes of The Story of Saiunkoku] Apparently I've underestimated how many people have seen that series, or perhaps the last clue being late didn't help? Would anyone have gotten it based on that if they'd had a little more time?

Anyway, technically the floor's open for the next poster, but since we're now on page 100 this seems like an ideal place to wrap up this thread. If you've got a quote in mind then hold off until either egoist or I can get a Round 7 thread started.
EmbraceMe

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 7:32 pm Reply with quote
I think it's better if you make the round 7 thread, Key. egoist has been missing from this forum and he still hasn't posted the results from the last thread - not that they really matter.
Errinundra

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:53 pm Reply with quote
If egoist no longer wants to organise this game I'm happy to take it on provided, of course, that suits other people and the mods.
Errinundra

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:32 am Reply with quote
Round 6 scores

Boomerang Flash also correctly identified 2 quotes that were invalidly posted, ie they were from the same franchise as one of the previous 4 quotes. It doesn't seem fair that they should be penalised for someone else's error. Confused
the Rancorous

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:53 pm Reply with quote
Man, I'm usually up in the top 3, but I still did better than I thought I was doing this round. Can't start slackin' now.
dtm42

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:20 pm Reply with quote
Wow, I did pretty well for someone who was only here for twenty-nine percent of the thread. Extrapolating my score out I would have come fifth, pushing the Rancorous into sixth. Heh.
The Lost Prophet

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:00 pm Reply with quote
Not sure what's goin on here, but here's the newest one:

"can you imagine an imaginary menagerie manager imagining managing an imaginary menagerie"
Mad_Scientist
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:06 pm Reply with quote
The Lost Prophet wrote:
Not sure what's goin on here, but here's one:

"can you imagine an imaginary menagerie manager imagining managing an imaginary menagerie"

A few things.

This is actually an older version of the thread, the latest version can be found here. Before you go there and post a quote, though, you should really read the first post of that thread, which has the game rules, as there are some things you'll need to know. Such as the standard format for posting a quote, and the fact that the quote game is turn based; in order to post a quote, you need to either correctly guess the current quote, or wait till someone who does passes his/her turn.

Anyways, you can read all the details in the first post of the thread I linked to. Hope to see you in the game soon, and have fun.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Contests and Games All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  
Page 100 of 100