• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Elfen Lied... help me please

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
2Real

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 3:09 am Reply with quote
i kno that this topic has been brought up more then once, but now that i hve seen the series/short, it realy disturbes me, the ending of this show. i dont know exactly when this orignaly aired in Japan, but in my Greater (haha) oppinion it leaves great room for a sequle to this already Legand of a series, the only thing holding me back from calling it a "Masterpice" or will never be forgotten (ie. Akira, DBZ, ghost in the shell (movie mainly, and a few others (this is my oppinion)) is that the ending trails off 2 much.

has anyone head, even a rumor, of a sequal or another oav, even a movie, coming out for this show?

id love to kno,like i said....... it leaves room for many questions.

but then now that i think of this prehaps that is the greatest apeal of this show(the not knowing). with this it alows the viewer(in this case me) to decide wut i belive what would have happend at the end.

either way, please submit any knowlage of a seaquleto this
show. that is all i ask

Arigato Very Happy
Pleroma

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 3:17 am Reply with quote
The anime takes in less than half the story of the recently finished manga. No second season planned right now since it was not nearly as big a hit in Japan as here but the manga should get licenced before long if local publishers have even an ounce of good business sense.

spoiler[Yes Lucy comes back but the evil personallity is gone until her horns regrow some time later and all hell breaks loose around Kaguzawa's plan to release the vector virus all over the place. No I have not read the manga but skimmed through enough synopses to get a good idea and I think the anime took the right path by ending where it did.]
Azathrael

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 3:32 am Reply with quote
Looking forward to the manga then. Smile
hentai4me

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 4:11 am Reply with quote
there is also an special episode which sits roughly between eps 10 and 11 but its probabaly best to watch it after the rest of the series as it is of a different mood.

cant wait for the manga either...probabaly take about 4 times as long to get it here though...
one3rd

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 9:39 am Reply with quote
2Real wrote:
has anyone head, even a rumor, of a sequal or another oav, even a movie, coming out for this show?

id love to kno,like i said....... it leaves room for many questions.

Many shows end that way and never come back. It's actually very common for anime shows to have "open" endings. Regarding your desire for a rumor, a rumor won't help you at all. I could start one right now. Just watch.

I heard a rumor that everyone who asks if there will be a sequel to [insert series here] will die in a fire within the next two months.

There, rumor started.

Your best chance is to wait for official news, but don't get your hopes up.
3dmk

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 11:40 am Reply with quote
Dont read spoilers. I feel so owned now. Sad Must find the manga so I can help lift this craving for serious closure...
2Real

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 12:37 pm Reply with quote
that is harsh....because im nota big Manga reader (or reader in genral)

and i figure that as soon as dates hit the web for show u can find them in the forums just as fast as looking them up.
WesW

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 2:24 pm Reply with quote
I noticed some things from my second go through the series which lead me to believe that everything was wrapped up neatly at the end.
Major spoilers below...
From conversations between the project managers, I gathered that the three... "diclonei" were the only three kept alive after they solved the mystery of the vector infections. Kurama and his daughter were killed, and Nana went back to live with the cousins as a "normal" girl.
Lucy had four vectors originally. After losing one of her horns in the battle with Kurama's daughter, the next time we see her vectors is in the final shootout with the military, when we see only two streaking out. Then we see her other horn shot off. Thus, she has lost her powers, and is no longer a threat. The last scene in the series is set a couple of months later, where we see her, in outline, showing up at the inn.
Presumably, this would have allowed time for her to recover from her wounds, and either sneak back to the inn after escaping the shootout, or be evaluated by the authorities after having been captured and shown to not be a threat and then released, since the secret program was over. The five of them would have lived as normal people from then on.
hentai4me

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 3:36 pm Reply with quote
WesW wrote:
I noticed some things from my second go through the series which lead me to believe that everything was wrapped up neatly at the end.
Major spoilers below...
From conversations between the project managers, I gathered that the three... "diclonei" were the only three kept alive after they solved the mystery of the vector infections. Kurama and his daughter were killed, and Nana went back to live with the cousins as a "normal" girl.
Lucy had four vectors originally. After losing one of her horns in the battle with Kurama's daughter, the next time we see her vectors is in the final shootout with the military, when we see only two streaking out. Then we see her other horn shot off. Thus, she has lost her powers, and is no longer a threat. The last scene in the series is set a couple of months later, where we see her, in outline, showing up at the inn.
Presumably, this would have allowed time for her to recover from her wounds, and either sneak back to the inn after escaping the shootout, or be evaluated by the authorities after having been captured and shown to not be a threat and then released, since the secret program was over. The five of them would have lived as normal people from then on.

its a nice idea the losing vectors and all with the horns but the vectors were dealt with by the horns, it was the pineal gland in their brains that controls the vectors.

furthermore if she lost the second horn in the shootout and she lost her vectors her chance of survival would be exactly none, these are professional troops who know how to fight the diclonious(they may also have been SAT) by the time she lost her socond horn fresh bullets were still flying so she coud not have killed them all by then and no chance they woud have let her sneak away.

thats just from watching it and my take on it...dunno if the manga explains otherwise.
Pleroma

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 4:12 pm Reply with quote
Ehh, when kaguzawa says "this is just the beginning" in the last episode, he ain't kidding. The anime however completed the emotional arc by solving things between Kouta and Lucy wich the manga did not do at that point. The anime very much makes it clear that the diclonius threat is far from over.

I want the manga so bad Sad
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1