• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
What anime would you pick?

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bumjohnson

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 3:27 am Reply with quote
I love the lookess post Sad

So I had to thank realy good one this one Wink

If you had the money, what anime would you make more of? And why do you pick it? And how would you go what making more ep's of your picking?

EX here is what I came up wich.

i would go for Elfen Lied, becoase Its just so cool. I would love to see that lucy come back. And free all the other's that was in that one place"I'm not to good of a spell so im not trying". And I would like to see more what what happend in the past, or maybe a great battle wich what ever they are.

I don't have the OVA of Elfen Lied so do not tell me
Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
PantsGoblin
Subscriber
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 3:43 am Reply with quote
So, you're basically asking if we were able to extend a series which one would it be? Probably Nurse Witch Komugi. Komugi only had 8 episodes and half of those are because fans demanded it, they were planning on making it shorter but because it was so popular in Japan they extended it. But that's not gonna happen. They already did a closing ceremony for it and everything after the second episode of Komugi Z.

That picture takes up a lot of room. I don't know what it's from but the artwork looks like it's from a video game to me for some reason.
bumjohnson

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 3:53 am Reply with quote
yea I know I love dark anime pics. It's my wallpaper all the time Smile

I have not scean Nurse Witch Komugi. I'm may have to look into that on. I'm a big fan Embarassed . The sad thing is it tacks ton's of money for it Crying or Very sad
PantsGoblin
Subscriber
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 3:57 am Reply with quote
If you love dark anime and don't like cute and adorable things with lots of "pink", I suggest staying away from Komugi. Most of my friends can't stand her...
bumjohnson

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 4:01 am Reply with quote
I like just about any thing. The reason that I like dadk anime wallpapers. Its because I'm no my computer all the time. going from anime to a bright wallpaper mass which my eye's bad. I do darken some of them which photoshop, if i like them that much.
CyberViper

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 4:40 am Reply with quote
I would have to go with either GTO or Excel Saga.

Excel Saga because it was just so funny and I would have loved to see more episodes...i've watched the series 3 times already, i can't get enough of it!

GTO for a better reason...it ended to suddenly for me. I enjoyed the characters a lot and it was a hilarious anime. I really enjoyed it and was a little upset when it just kinda...stopped...
Kelly

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 7:54 am Reply with quote
Definitely Twelve Kingdoms for me. From what I've read a third season was originally planned, which is why it cuts off rather abruptly. There are several more Kingdoms to cover, and a few things were left up in the air - particularly the fates of Taiki and Gyosou. From what I read the third season never materialized due to health issues among the crew and not lack of interest - so maybe there's hope if the team can ever be reassembled.

Runner up - Fruits Basket. The anime only covered roughly 1/3 of the projected story, and anyone who's been following the manga (up to volume 12 now in English) knows that it gets even deeper. This would be much trickier though, due to some issues with Shigure's personality spoiler[he's turned out to be a rather miserable, nasty person] and Akito spoiler[in the manga we've gotten no indication that he's near death so far, and Tohru hasn't softened him up] that would have to be dealt with before the anime could mesh with the manga's story again.
3dmk

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 1:47 pm Reply with quote
I agree with Elfen Lied, I would love to see that extended. So much more detail they could go into. spoiler[Is that really her shadow we see in the last episode, did she in fact fix that clock? Does he really have feelings for his cousin?!!~ Do they have to fight that guy who plans on furthering things on his little island? ]

Love Hina: For some reason I could watch this over and over without a pause, it's a sad addiction, I know.

Princess Mononoke: If this were also extended, I would be pleased. The storyline is great, the characters are fun to watch, the message behind the movie would have to be protected from the captain planet mentality though.

SaiKano: Extended would be great, learning the beginings of how she became what she was, maybe some background materials to start people off on the series.spoiler[Going eva on me at the end, I would really like to see that in more detail, I felt they rushed that whole portion of the series.]
Tonboko

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 7:02 pm Reply with quote
I would have liked to have seen more of Witch Hunter Robin. It had a lot of loose ends I would have like to have seen tied up. The same goes for Elfen Lied. It drives me bonkers when they leave things open like that!
Pleroma

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 7:51 pm Reply with quote
Elfen lied actually ended very well, read up info on the rest of the story on manga forums. Maybe the US fans can pull a hellsing here and get a econd season, hell I'm buying the box set when it comes out despite allready having the dual audio rip.
Nirvana

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 11:24 pm Reply with quote
I would prob go for Elfen Lied too... It's only 13 eps so its pretty cheap... and my friend can get me a discount on it because they sell it at the store he works at Smile
2Real

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 11:32 pm Reply with quote
the problem with having a extended show that goes on for hundreds of episodes (ie. Dragon Ball Z + GT) is that it just gets repitave. now if it went on for like 200 eps, and each fight got harder and at the end the good guy died and the world ended....that would make for a contriversal series, one that id probly love.

but that is the problem, when dose the show start getting repetative?
menshi

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 11:59 pm Reply with quote
Definitely GTO the best arcs to me were in the manga past where the anime was cut off. Plus the ending even though sort of fake was very good closure compared to filler anime ending.
Also I'd like to see Gantz taken a little further very interesting and unique series good VA's and it just started picking up where the anime ended.
CyberViper

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 12:09 am Reply with quote
I agree with GTO...and I heard something about a prequel series to GTO of Onizuka in his biker days? I don't know if it's being made...or if it's already out there, but I can't find it.
I think it's called Shonan True Love Group. (But i could be wrong.)

And, yes, I completely forgot about Gantz. The ending left room for more...and I would also love to see a continuation of that series!
Zalis116

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 3:26 am Reply with quote
I'm surprised that no one has mentioned Kare Kano, since everybody (justifiably) hates on that ending. I might do Love Hina also, since they could have a lot more fun if they took more time on manga Vols 10, 11, 12, and could have a very good, conclusive, dramatic ending if they followed the manga all the way to the end. (Or, to take this in an O/T direction, I'd create an anime for Alice 19th, since there are some great fantasy images in there.)
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2