• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Naruto is awesome!?

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pingo

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 1:45 pm Reply with quote
I had only seen a few episodes of this anime, and was totally labaled on the - This is another DBZ - wagon.

After giving it a second chance, I couldnt feel it was more wrong.
It really did grow on me in a strange way. It's an awesome show... It really is nothing like what the bad reputation of it seems.

spoiler[The sasuke and Naruto fight was really amazing. Wow, that was epicly awesome....]
pingo

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 7:24 pm Reply with quote
greg wrote:
Ithink the so too! Mr. Green

Very Happy

its just too bad that many people label fans of the series as retards.

I know it maybe does not have the deepest plot ever, but that does not make people who enjoy it morons.

Thats at least what I think.
2Real

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 7:30 pm Reply with quote
i have to say that it isnt that great of a show....ok can u picture the DBZ series as ninjas?? well thats Naruto, in my oppion its a lil childish. the only realy good thing i can say about it is it has great charector devlopment (ie. naruto and sauske). which happens to be the exact opposite of the DBZ line (goku and vegeta). weird isnt it? or mayb its just me. if u realy want my oppion u can find better shows to ocupy your time. but, then again, thats just my oppion.
PantsGoblin
Subscriber
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 7:31 pm Reply with quote
pingo wrote:

Now this is funny. Creating topics like this is the exact reason people label the fans as retards. I personally think Naruto is very good, but doing this kind of thing is what gives it a bad name.
pingo

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 7:42 pm Reply with quote
PantsGoblin wrote:
pingo wrote:

Now this is funny. Creating topics like this is the exact reason people label the fans as retards. I personally think Naruto is very good, but doing this kind of thing is what gives it a bad name.

Im sorry but Im not sure I follow you.

"Topics like this"?

I openly expressed my newly found interest in the series, and admitted that I had taken it forgranted out of ignorance and generalising statements from other parts of the anime world.

Im sorry if I offended you, or if threads like these makes all Naruto fans "retards".
2Real

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 7:46 pm Reply with quote
mostly its because it is a kid based show and the people that watch it are labeled imature for that reason
pingo

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 7:55 pm Reply with quote
2Real wrote:
mostly its because it is a kid based show and the people that watch it are labeled imature for that reason

It is?

So you think it has something to do with it not being cool or hardcore enouge?:/

I don't know. I wouldn't consider it any less intellegent than other shows, even violent once. It doesn't have as much blood or sex as a sadistic snuff film or a hentai movie, nor is it very controversial or provoking, but I still don't see why that should make it bad?

COuld it be that people just want to put hate on it because it has become popular? I hear that alot of people watch the show in Japan each wensday!

Anyway, it was actually my attitude about Naruto that it was just like DBZ with long and dull fights with no concept of story telling or heart or effort put into besides making up a lot of stupid and flashy attacks, until I actually really sat down and saw it.

When I had finished season 5 I had gotten REALLY hooked. It's time consuming I guess, it has some un-needed fillers, but I personally felt it really started growing on me.

That was all I wanted to say with this thread. That I was wrong, and im glad I sticked with it and saw the series through:)
PantsGoblin
Subscriber
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 7:57 pm Reply with quote
pingo wrote:
Im sorry but Im not sure I follow you.

"Topics like this"?

I openly expressed my newly found interest in the series, and admitted that I had taken it forgranted out of ignorance and generalising statements from other parts of the anime world.

Im sorry if I offended you, or if threads like these makes all Naruto fans "retards".

There wasn't really any subtance in what you said. You said it was "awesome" and that the fights were "really amazing" and "epically awesome". You didn't really tell me why the anime is good. If I acted like I was offended I wasn't though. And I never said that all Naruto fans are retards, if I did I'd be insulting myself. It's just that these kind of threads with all the "Naruto is awesome lol" type stuff doesn't really make people think any better of the anime.

Last edited by PantsGoblin on Sat Dec 17, 2005 8:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
pingo

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 8:03 pm Reply with quote
PantsGoblin wrote:
There wasn't really any subtance in what you said. You said it was "awesome" and that the fights were "really amazing" and "epically awesome". You didn't really tell me why the anime is good. If I acted like I was offended I wasn't though. And I never said that all Naruto fans are retards, if I did I'd be insulting myself. It's just that these kind of threads with all the "Naruto is awesome lol" type stuff doesn't really make people think any better of the anime.

Ohh, I see. You wanted arguments:-D

Yeah I see your point chap, but I was just afraid of the "hate" if tons of people here hated it:)

But one of the things I really think makes this series strong is that you really get a sense of the characters growing.

Naruto is an unusual character. He is stupid, hyper active, clumsy, disgusting and in many ways ugly and inferior to everyone. His life consists of ramen and becoming a hokage to get respect. Yet, it's interesting to see how he evolves. When he learns a new technique the creators really make it seem like it's a big thing. I think thats cool, because it gives substans.

You really get to feel that you are following a ninja kid trying to learn being a great ninja.

Another thing I like perhaps is the nice constrast between drama and humor. The original voice cast is really great I think, and there are tons of embarrasing situations, even in when in dramatical episodes.

Smile
2Real

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 8:05 pm Reply with quote
the story line wasnt as indepth as some that i see and the animation dose give off a childlike show (the ep when everyone wanted to find out wuts under the mask). all long term shows have filler eps in them , BUT its wut happens in them that determins the show realy. like Bleach, that is a more child based show but due to the majority of it id say its teen based, Naruto reminds me 2 much of pokemon and DBZ to realy grab me (even though i did watch 154 of the eps) i just didn't like it...just somethin to waste time. the drawings were also chilish imo because of the depection of certian events (there is a difference between are and acting) and these are chilish. can u follow me? ok good.
like i said earlier the story line is just to commonly done i have seen it many times over. it would probly be different if they added a twist to it some how or did some orther then the whole "massive power ball comeing out of hand thing", but its been over played and they need a change.
2Real

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 8:11 pm Reply with quote
sry i wanted to give some examples due to that guys last post.
IF you watch DBZ you will find alot of the same ideas from that in this show. if u ever get the time u should sit down and watch dbz NOT GT. and start from the beging then u would defidently see the resbalences. BUT, prehaps that is just the style of shows u like (btw im not judgeing u, just giving my ideas words)
suna_suna

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 8:43 pm Reply with quote
First, i love naruto.

second, i love it because it keeps my attention by not drawing out fight (ala DBZ) any more than is nessecary. I haven't seen that much of the anime, but what i have seen is awesome and has alot of story. 2Real, the episode with the mask thing is a bonnafide filler episode. it has absolutly nothing to do with the actual story other than that it stars the main characters. usually, it was not in the manga and was added purely to the anime. you can see them in almost any anime you come by.

But, past the fillers is the main story and it rules.
PantsGoblin
Subscriber
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 9:07 pm Reply with quote
gregberg wrote:
Hi i'm greg I just changed my name.I'm with you.

Don't tell me you got banned and then changed your name and now announced it to everyone.
Berselius

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 9:19 pm Reply with quote
Naruto is a good series overall, though many of its current watchers may not have the best things to say about it due to the 26 eps in a row filler arc that the series is on at the moment (in japan). I guess what i really like about naruto is that the fight scenes are for the most part unpredictable (they are ninjas: They can do ANYTHING Cool ) The characters are fun (HINATA-SAMA!!!!!!!!) the development among and between Naruto and Sasuke, especial with last season, is great. Even the filler episode are entertaining for me though, and its a big bonus that it seems for every new little saga in this season they get a famed VA to voice some of the new minor characters (anyone notice that the daimyou in last week's ep was voiced by Tomokazu Seki? And before that the bounty hunter was voiced by Shuuichi Ikeda, the VA for Char and Dullindal in Mobile Suit Gundam and Gundam SEED Destiny). All in all, naruto is a very enjoyable show. I like Bleach a little more, but someone wise reminded my that while Naruto is currently facing one of its low times, Bleach is facing one of its highest times.

I assume that if he got banned then they would block his IP address, though i may be wrong.
2Real

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 9:34 pm Reply with quote
yea but with that Filler episode in there couldnt they have found something a lil more mature? and everyones actions are actuly very predicable. it is more for people around the ages of 10-16 a younger person show. not just because of the animation (which in some parts is just depressing) the entier story is just as bad. how many times have u seen a show were old friends are enimes and new enemies become friends type thing.
....i find myself repeating this because im stressing it "with this day and age you would think they could create a better story devlopment then this". and i keep bringing dbz up because the simalaites between the 2 are un belivable. there are few minor differnces (other then names and places).

but at the time i watched DBZ i was bout 12 or so.....and these have the same relative croud drawing abilites. there isnt 2 much i can realy say that is good about this other then 1 thing....the kid (Naruto) has a Fing Demon Locked up Inside him! that is prety cool BUT its not enought to make me wana watch the show. sry

*this is only one mans oppion and dosent represent that of the company

ps Bleach is completly different then Naurto in many ways, but that is for a different Thred and differnt time.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3