• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Question about Ghost in the Shell

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RezSav

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 5:02 pm Reply with quote
I don't remember the episode, but Section 9 was trying to save this young girl from a terrorists orginization, only to find out it was a clone of the original and the real girl had rapidly aged.

Anyways when Motoko and Togusa where entering this big oil rig they swam to it, but in the GitS movie motoko needed something to boost her to the surface. In fact Batou made a big deal about it about what she would do if the boosters gave out.

So is this a mistake, or did the Major just get heavy over the course of GitS: SAC
TranceLimit174

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 6:02 pm Reply with quote
It's probably for the sake of the script. Since the movie and the series aren't connected save for characters and universe, it's just another difference between the series and movie timelines.
momalyd

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 10:10 pm Reply with quote
its the same in the manga. bato and motoko have the swimming talk, but later they have a mission that they have to swimm out to a boat.
Chiroptera Rex
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 5:21 am Reply with quote
There is an author's note in the manga for page 286 (the first page of Chapter 10, "BRAIN DRAIN", that says, "Kusanagi's skull is made with a titanium shell, and she has a large number of prosthetic enhancements, so she really does have to worry about sinking. But not all cyborgs sink - some models are designed to float with special foam-based materials."

In "NOT EQUAL", the "floaters" are absent from the wetsuits worn by Section 9 so perhaps the unit members' prosthetic bodies are now made with the "foam-based material".
S_C_L-1

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 11:56 pm Reply with quote
if we take into consideration that the popular ghost in the shell is actually a remake... then there is bound to be a few differences... but dont even bother watching the original lol.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1