• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Student loans

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cozytime3

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 11:14 pm Reply with quote
Does anyone know if student loans are taxable. I know this is kind of off topic, but I just go one. Can anyone help me out here. How do I report them?
ShellBullet

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 11:25 pm Reply with quote
Yes, this is totally OT, and I don't know if you should trust what some random stranger on the internet tells you. Nevertheless, my understanding is they are taxable for whatever amount you receive above your basic college costs, that is whatever does not go for tuition, fees, books, or necessary school supplies.
patch

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 11:30 pm Reply with quote
Answer from the IRS...

I'm actually still paying off student loans from college and turns out the interest you pay during the year is tax deductable.
The Ramblin' Wreck

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 12:16 am Reply with quote
cozytime3 wrote:
Does anyone know if student loans are taxable. I know this is kind of off topic, but I just go one. Can anyone help me out here. How do I report them?

GIYF

(Google is your friend....)
Iemander

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 12:22 am Reply with quote
cozytime3 wrote:

Whenever you get a student loan, you always have to repay twice the amount twice. No joke.
Nagisa

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 2:22 am Reply with quote
Unfortunately, this thread will need to be locked. ANN is strictly topic-oriented, hence the reason we do not have any General Discussion type forums, nor allow off-topic discussion in the Anime or Talkback forums.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1