• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Cinematic Anime

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
balla

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 7:41 pm Reply with quote
I'm looking for a great cinematic beautiful experience like I recieved watcing the Kenshin OVAS anyone have anything in mind.
Efan

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 5:53 pm Reply with quote
If you mean as in the art and scenory not many match up to kenshin OVA. But some things that are good in that sence are Princess Mononoke and Spirited Away, both have very good animation IMO, they also have good dubs.
Bosque

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 6:19 pm Reply with quote
Some titles absolutely more spectacular in the visuals than Kenshin OVAs are most of Ghibli movies: Ponpoko is just spectacular (the poltergeist operation is one of the most spectacular scenes in all the times), Howl's Moving Castle is another awesome title in the visuals (and in all the aspects), i think it's the most beautifull movie ever (talking about the animation and the art and that stuff).
Well, Memories has awesome animation, Stink Bomb has the most spectacular chase I have ever seen (235435 planes, 532654 tanks and other stuff chasing a single man over a bike) with a very fluid and spectacular animation.
And if you want fights, Ninja Scroll, the definitive ninja-about anime has nice art too.
You just need to look over Ghibli's stuff to see some titles at least 10 times more spectacular than Kenshin OVAs in the visuals.

Sorry for my english, i'm chilean.
Bye bye and take care.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1