• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
saint seiya

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sleepy_20us

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 8:48 pm Reply with quote
hello first of all, i am a new member, i am trying to find out if a new installment of the saint seiya movies is coming out anytime soon. i have this what i think is a new movie: hades: inferno chapter. if is a new movie could anyone tell me when is coming out? thanks in advance
TestamentSaki

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 4:03 pm Reply with quote
Hiyah, and welcome!

Actually, the Hades is not precisely a movie. It's a sequel to the series in OAV form. Probably the movie you're talking about is Saint Seiya Tenkai Hen, which is after the Hades chapters

Greetings!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
sleepy_20us

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 7:25 pm Reply with quote
i'm sorry i think is an ova and not a movie. i went a website but everything is in japanese and couldnt understand squat! if anyone knows please help a brotha out!!1
Rabobinair

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 7:44 pm Reply with quote
I have a question about OVA's too cause I am a die hard Hellsing fan and for the life of me I found a site talking about a new Hellsing series and I am not 100% sure whats a OVA. I am a anime fan but alot of the terms of people are using I don't know, call me a n00b I dare you. LOL j/k feel free I deserve it, but I would like to be part of this community so Haze me for all its worth.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
prettygirl

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 7:48 pm Reply with quote
OVA = Original Video Animation
Rabobinair

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 8:01 pm Reply with quote
OK Thanks but the question still remains what does that mean in sense of like the Hellsing show. Will it be a season or will it be like movies and what not, I am all confused.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Nagisa

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 8:38 pm Reply with quote
OVAs are basically direct-to-video series. Episodes are released on video or DVD as they're completed, and it allows the producers looser deadlines to get episodes finished and more budget to be dedicated towards actual production, resulting in a typically higher quality anime than what you'd see on TV.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Steventheeunuch

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 9:02 pm Reply with quote
sleepy_20us wrote:
i'm sorry i think is an ova and not a movie. i went a website but everything is in japanese and couldnt understand squat! if anyone knows please help a brotha out!!1

The Inferno OVA is actually a TV series, in the same way GitS: sac is one. In Inferno, there will be a total of six 45 minute episodes that cost around $17 each. the DVD release will come out early 2006. However, for convieniences sake, it's still refered to as an OVA.
Rabobinair

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 10:07 pm Reply with quote
Nagisa wrote:
OVAs are basically direct-to-video series. Episodes are released on video or DVD as they're completed, and it allows the producers looser deadlines to get episodes finished and more budget to be dedicated towards actual production, resulting in a typically higher quality anime than what you'd see on TV.

Thank you very much. I appreciate the information, and like I said I am a newbie to this as I have mentioned before I was and am still a closet anime fan to a point. I need to learn all the jargon or lingo so I can understand you guys sometimes. LOL
ParaParaJMo

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 10:31 pm Reply with quote
The sad news with the new Saint Seiya is that they are replacing the seiyuus Crying or Very sad
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
prettygirl

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 10:34 pm Reply with quote
No problem about not knowing all the lingo. Take your time... there's a lot to learn Smile I am, however, quite curious to know why you are a closet anime fan? Why hide it? I think anime fans, who are not Asian, are admirable because they are open to exploring different aspects of different cultures other than their own. By appreciating other peoples' culture, you are demonstrating your open mindedness. Nothing to be ashamed of Wink
Steventheeunuch

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 10:46 pm Reply with quote
prettygirl wrote:
No problem about not knowing all the lingo. Take your time... there's a lot to learn Smile I am, however, quite curious to know why you are a closet anime fan? Why hide it? I think anime fans, who are not Asian, are admirable because they are open to exploring different aspects of different cultures other than their own. By appreciating other peoples' culture, you are demonstrating your open mindedness. Nothing to be ashamed of Wink

This is a mad derail, but anime fans aren't nessecerally "fans of other culture", moreso "they like cartoons from Japan", because generally, they're closeminded or ignorant (nay even aggressive) towards animation from their own or other cultures.

Anyhow, back somewhat on topic, it's a shame that the original voice cast is gone, but it's one of those things that happen, and while it did tick me off for a bit, I've come to accept that well, times change, and so do people (and most importantly, their voice)
prettygirl

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 11:27 pm Reply with quote
Steventheeunuch wrote:
This is a mad derail, but anime fans aren't nessecerally "fans of other culture", moreso "they like cartoons from Japan", because generally, they're closeminded or ignorant (nay even aggressive) towards animation from their own or other cultures.

I think you are closeminded and ignorant. No, anime fans aren't necessarily "fans of other culture", but they do, however, need to be open-minded enough to accept some of the cultural aspects represented in anime, which might open doors to exploring the Japanese culture.
Rabobinair

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 12:13 am Reply with quote
Hey Pretty Girl, I am no longer a closet anime fan. When I am around other fans I surprise them by what I know. I love the Japanese culture and luckily for me being Airforce I have the great oppritunity to be stationed with some Japanesse airforce on this base who along with some of my friends are going to be taught Japanesse in turn we are going to help them with thier english skills. But check out my post called closet anime fan, I give ya a brief history of me and my anime story.
PantsGoblin
Subscriber
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 5:07 am Reply with quote
Steventheeunuch wrote:

In general, you're right most anime fans could really care less about the cultural aspects of anime. But for me, and I assume "prettygirl", culture does play an important role in understanding and enjoying anime, some titles more so than others. But to actually be an anime fan you don't really have to be a fan of Japanese culture, but it sure does make some more enjoyable.

prettygirl wrote:
I think you are closeminded and ignorant. No, anime fans aren't necessarily "fans of other culture", but they do, however, need to be open-minded enough to accept some of the cultural aspects represented in anime, which might open doors to exploring the Japanese culture.

Well, you didn't have to flat out insult him for him expressing his opinion of what anime fans are.

Sorry, can't comment on Saint Seiya though, I've never seen it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3