• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
What did you just buy?

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jmfsilenthill

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:20 pm Reply with quote
Wow Luffy, that's a damn shame. It wouldn't even be so bad if the entire thing was sunfaded, but the bottom part where the obi was is still red, making the contrast pretty jarring. Crying or Very sad
zawa113

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:44 pm Reply with quote
Gyah! Sunfading! One of the most horrific things ever! But partial fading, that's even worse! Up in the loft, the slipcase for Monkey Island, the first game, somehow got up there, and it was mostly sticking out and got all sunfaded, but you can see a hint of what it was supposed to be like at the bottom, it makes me cringe (double so because dude, it's Monkey Island!)

I'm just glad I can keep everything in the uber cool basement where it's easy to not let sun hit stuff (at best, some sun lands on the rug right in front of the sliding door and the kitty then immediately hogs it, but no sun seems to ever actually land on any given book or DVD cover). The sun is my enemy just as much as it is the enemy of my glorious manga collection! Seriously, it burns me so quickly....actually, my friend gave me some beads that turn from clearish white to funny colors when hit by UV rays, perhaps I should place it on my shelves just to make double sure that no sun is getting over there.

Ugh, when I was browsing used books a few weeks ago, I saw this strange white spined manga, turns out it was Boys Over Flowers (which has a pink spine), the front was ok, but the spine got so sunfaded you couldn't tell it was the same as the other BoF book next to it! I've also seen copies of Firefighter Daigo with pale yellow spines (instead of bright yellow), I'm just glad my shelf has all the yellow on it! But I still feel sorry for those poor horribly sunfaded books.

@Sheleigha
That room would drive me nuts, I'd have to put dark curtains over every bookcase at the very least if not straight board them up (or do both! Nothing shall get through the cracks!). Sure, it wouldn't display well, but to defeat the sun, it'd be worth it for me.
Rukiia

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:21 pm Reply with quote
Completely splurged on the Sentai sale on Rightstuf. Also made a pre-order for an import Blu-ray. Here is an updated version of what I currently have on order/pre-order:

DVDs:

And Yet the Town Moves - Complete Collection
Blue Exorcist, Vol. 4
Ergo Proxy - Complete Series (Anime Classics)
Gunbuster
Hetalia Axis Powers - Season 4 (Limited Edition)
Honey and Clover - Box Set 2
Honey and Clover - Box Set 3
Is This a Zombie? - Complete Series (Limited Edition)
Mahoromatic: Automatic Maiden - Ultimate Collection
Martian Successor Nadesico - Complete Collection (Limited Edition)
Nana - Box Set 4
One Piece - Collection 6
One Piece - Collection 7
One Piece - Season 4, Part 1
Oreimo - Complete Set
Save Me! Lollipop - Complete Collection
Wagnaria!! - Complete Series (Regular Edition)
Zakuro - Complete Series (Premium Edition)

Blu-rays:

Code Geass: Nunnally in Wonderland
Dream Eater Merry - Complete Collection
Fate/Stay Night: Unlimited Blade Works
No. 6 - Complete Collection
Puella Magi Madoka Magica, Vol. 3
The World God Only Knows - Complete Collection
This Boy Can Fight Aliens!
Towanoquon - Complete Collection

Combo Packs:

AnoHana: The Flower We Saw That Day - Complete Series (Premium Edition)
The Secret World of Arrietty (Combo Pack)
Shakugan no Shana - Season 1 (Combo Pack)
Strike Witches - The Complete 1st Season (Combo Pack)

Manga:

Black Butler Graphic Novel 9,10
Blue Exorcist Graphic Novel 7
Gate 7 Vol.1,2,3
Happy Cafe Vol.5,6,7,8
Miles Edgeworth Graphic Novel 1,2,3
Loveless Vol.9
Phoenix Wright Graphic Novel 5
Puella Magi Madoka Magica Graphic Novel 1,2
xxxHOLiC Graphic Novel 18,19
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Sailor S

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:16 pm Reply with quote
classicalzawa wrote:
Gyah! Sunfading! One of the most horrific things ever!

My first act as Emperor of the United States will be to nuke the sun! We must destroy this greatest enemy of humanity at all costs! We have some 4000 or so nuclear weapons, surely we can destroy the greatest evil of mankind with them. Also, I wanna nuke the moon, because why not?
st_owly

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:01 am Reply with quote
Comic shop:

Ai Ore 5
Bakuman 11
Black Bird 14
Earl and the Fairy 2
Nana 10
Sakura Hime 8

I also bought the Air Gear 15-17 omnibus, but that's being sent straight to aRammsoldat, who's had lots of trouble finding it online.
RAmmsoldat

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:11 am Reply with quote
Very Happy <--- my face

Thanks for that

ooh bakuman 11 is out? may try and sneak that. I sold a ton of games and anime to make a break for the £0 on my bank account after spending years in my overdraft and I've got halfway there and spent a load on manga lol. I cant sell off anime and not be replacing at least a bit of it with manga

at least this way i get manga and make my bank a little healthier too, gotta take a pic of my bookshel soon as i made a huge one and its almost full.
Sailor S

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:56 pm Reply with quote
Picked up FREEing's Kyon's Sister Bunny Girl. Overpaid too, but that's another issue. At least I have it now, and for what I felt at the time was a reasonable price.
FaytLein

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:44 pm Reply with quote
Well, just got Madoka Limited Edition Vol 3 in today, but I have yet to see the "bonus" that was supposed to have been sent my way, and after checking the order, its been cancelled. Has anyone else seen or heard anything about this? I haven't lurked in a while, so did I miss something?
silencer226

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:59 pm Reply with quote
FaytLein wrote:
Well, just got Madoka Limited Edition Vol 3 in today, but I have yet to see the "bonus" that was supposed to have been sent my way, and after checking the order, its been cancelled. Has anyone else seen or heard anything about this? I haven't lurked in a while, so did I miss something?

The bonus was cancelled on my order as well, I believe they just put them in as placeholders just in case they got some goodies to send out. Previous ones were just post cards anyway... yay.
Sailor S

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:10 pm Reply with quote
FaytLein wrote:

I know it was mentioned somewhere by someone, but damned if I can remember where or who. I initially thought the Minion might have said something, but I can't find anything in any of his threads. Then I thought WTK might have said it in the solicitation thread, but I couldn't find it offhand there either. The point being, it was mentioned that there wasn't going to be a bonus, but I cannot direct you to the specific post.
supercreep

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:25 pm Reply with quote
Sailor S wrote:
FaytLein wrote:

I know it was mentioned somewhere by someone, but damned if I can remember where or who. I initially thought the Minion might have said something, but I can't find anything in any of his threads. Then I thought WTK might have said it in the solicitation thread, but I couldn't find it offhand there either. The point being, it was mentioned that there wasn't going to be a bonus, but I cannot direct you to the specific post.

I can back this up. It was indeed stated somewhere that the bonus attachment was canceled.
sailorsarah

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:31 pm Reply with quote
Rukiia wrote:
Shakugan no Shana - Season 1 (Combo Pack)

This is the first I had heard of this. It gives me hope that they will put out season 2 sooner rather than later.

I recently purchased:

Ultimate Madoka figure
Fate/stay night Unlimited Blade Works Blu-Ray
Both Unico DVDs
Arietty, Nausicaa, and Castle in the Sky Blu-Rays
Itazura na Kiss 8
Kobato 6
Kimi ni Todoke 14
Crisha

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:54 pm Reply with quote
Just finished watching the dub for the last four eppies of Madoka from my LIMITED EDITION. Not too shabby. I was quite pleased with several key moments (others were a little more 'eh', but nothing bad). But damn did it look gorgeous on my 54" HD tv. Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
doubleO7

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:07 pm Reply with quote
Anime:
Fate/Stay Night: Unlimited Blade Works (BD)
Heaven's Lost Property Forte LE

Non-Anime:
Space Ghost Coast to Coast - Season 2
luffypirate

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:48 am Reply with quote
Isn't that sunfade just the worst? I wish I had known because I wouldn't have placed such a high bid. I only bought it for the obi and bag lol. I'm going to try and sell it. I will be honest about the sunfade.

I've ordered a copy of the Gunbuster movie set on DVD. The Amazon listing says its the limited edition. I hope it is because its very rare and I NEEEED that figure and mock exam.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 901 of 1403