• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Naruto Episode 11...Glaring edit...

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Josh7289

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 9:43 pm Reply with quote
Gah! That was worse than editing Naruto stabbing his hand! Who has purple arms?! WTF Viz! Why can't they just show it as it was meant to be seen?! It's actually getting hard to watch this show because of the terrible edits...
Starwind Amada

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 9:47 pm Reply with quote
Josh7289 wrote:
Gah! That was worse than editing Naruto stabbing his hand! Who has purple arms?! WTF Viz! Why can't they just show it as it was meant to be seen?! It's actually getting hard to watch this show because of the terrible edits...

Terrible edits? You've gotta be kidding me. That false statement shows that you're a Narutard. They leave in a minimal amount of blood, some sexual humor (Sakura actually called that guy a pervert), violence, Japanese words (like "sensei") and they pronounce "Naruto" correctly and here you are complaining like they gave it the 4Kids treatment. There's just no pleasing the Naruto fanatics, is there? Mad

EDIT: If I'm wrong and you're not a Naruto fanatic, I'm sorry for calling you a Narutard. But you're complaints about the edits are still wrong.

Last edited by Starwind Amada on Sat Nov 12, 2005 9:53 pm; edited 2 times in total
RezSav

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 9:49 pm Reply with quote
I saw that edit
Starwind Amada

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 9:51 pm Reply with quote
Oh yeah. I saw it too (the Batman promo that RezSav mentioned before editing his post for whatever reason).

TV-14 on TOONAMI? Hot damn! Now if only Jack Nicholson as the Joker wasn't so damn ugly.... here's hoping he looks better in Nolan's second film.
RezSav

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 9:53 pm Reply with quote
rofl, sorry I didn't think it was relevant
remember love

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 9:53 pm Reply with quote
Starwind Amada wrote:
Oh yeah. I saw it too (the Batman promo that RezSav mentioned before editing his post for whatever reason).

TV-14 on TOONAMI? Hot damn! Now if only Jack Nicholson as the Joker wasn't so damn ugly.... here's hoping he looks better in Nolan's second film.

Jack Nicholson did a good job with the first batman film...only reason I really like batman was because of him doing that role...the looks really didn't take anything away from that...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
outlawwolf

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 10:36 pm Reply with quote
back on topic....

What the hell did you guys expect? For them to show 2 severed arm stubs? If they won't show blood gushing from someone's nose due to an overactive libido, they definately wouldn't show something like this. What the hell is wrong with you Narutards. I knew someone was going to post a thread like this the moment I saw it and I just have to say thank you for proving your predictability. Granted, it was a glaring edit, but what else could they have done?
remember love

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 10:44 pm Reply with quote
outlawwolf wrote:
back on topic....

What the hell did you guys expect? For them to show 2 severed arm stubs? If they won't show blood gushing from someone's nose due to an overactive libido, they definately wouldn't show something like this. What the hell is wrong with you Narutards. I knew someone was going to post a thread like this the moment I saw it and I just have to say thank you for proving your predictability. Granted, it was a glaring edit, but what else could they have done?

Paint in an arm? Rolling Eyes But anyways people are always going to complain about edits for shows no matter what...kind of pointless to argue about or predict it for that matter. (BTW I'm not a narutard because I can't stand listening to the dub of the main character just too ennoying if I ever watch or get the show I'd have to watch it subbed)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Josh7289

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 10:58 pm Reply with quote
While it's true that I do love Naruto, it's not like I'm a foaming-at-the-mouth fanatic. I've only read the manga in Shonen Jump and watched the anime on Toonami, and I compare those two, but I think Viz could have done much better on the anime here. Why do these things have to be edited anyway? Kids see these kinds of things on other American shows and movies, but as soon as it's animated, it has to be toned down for some reason, although animation by it's nature is less realistic than live action. Still, purple arms? If they REALLY REALLY had to edit it, they could have done much better...They could have even just drawn arms there and left them normal colored, but not purple??
outlawwolf

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 11:26 pm Reply with quote
Have you ever had a broken limb? It becomes discolored after time. Black and Blue. Almost purple even. If anything, that was probably the direction they were going with it. Yeah, maybe it was a little too purple but leaving it as is? As if. Reality is that censors won't allow that sort of thing. Once people accept that sort of reality, they can just be pleasantly surprised when they leave in something that you didn't expect.
Animefan16

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 11:48 pm Reply with quote
Josh7289 wrote:
Why do these things have to be edited anyway? Kids see these kinds of things on other American shows and movies, but as soon as it's animated, it has to be toned down for some reason, although animation by it's nature is less realistic than live action.

Those live action shows that you're talking about are aimed at adults and older teenagers. It is true that a lot of kids watch them but the reason why they are allowed to show more violence and inuendo is that they're aimed at adults. You don't see live action kids shows like the Power Rangers showing any blood.
Rozzer

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 1:03 am Reply with quote
What exactly is the definition of a Narutard? I see Amada and some other members use it all the time to put people down. Is there any reason why you guys feel compelled to make fun of people who watch Naruto? I really don't get it, this is supposed to be a civilized messageboard where people are supposed to have respect for one another... Yet most of you guys quickly put someone down because they happened to not like a certain way an episode was edited. This is a messageboard for f***sake and it's here for people to discuss what they saw in an episode.

I guess some people just make themselves feel better by putting others down just because they are happy with the way they've been editing Naruto... I just personally wish you people would show more respect to the other members, because isn't that in the rules?
Nagisa

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 1:14 am Reply with quote
outlawwolf wrote:
What the hell did you guys expect? For them to show 2 severed arm stubs?

Are you talking about the guy strung up on the cross? I hate to break it to all the self-important Naruto fans, but those arms were purple in the uncut anime, too.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Emerje

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 5:41 am Reply with quote
Nagisa wrote:
Are you talking about the guy strung up on the cross? I hate to break it to all the self-important Naruto fans, but those arms were purple in the uncut anime, too.

Yes indeed.

Sad how people can be so eager to retaliate against edits without actually knowing the original material.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Josh7289

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 10:55 am Reply with quote
Emerje wrote:
Nagisa wrote:

Yes indeed.

Sad how people can be so eager to retaliate against edits without actually knowing the original material.

Emerje

Holy crap!!

I had no idea! Once again, I have only read the manga and seen the dubbed anime. I've never seen the original Japanese version. But in the dub, weren't Kaiza's arms hanging down, and not tied up like that?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5