• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Trinity Blood

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FeyMeggan

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 1:43 pm Reply with quote
Has anyone seen it(all or at least more than one or two episodes)? My roommate and I just finished watching it and we're sooooo confused. It starts off with a bit more of a light-hearted feel, but the end gets...well...spoiler[weird and very 'unfinished'] if you ask me.

Since there's not a lot of info out there on it(trust me, I've scoured) unless of course you can read japanese webpages(which I cannot) I was hoping someone here had some insights. Since the ending was...see spoiler above...we were hoping maybe there were setting up for another season or an OVA or...well...something! There were so many dangly-plots left I finished episode 24 torn as to whether or not I actually liked it!

Anyone else have an opinion about this series? I'll wait here with a cuppa tea with 13 lumps of sugar...mmm...congeal-y.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime
AntoBrown

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 2:28 pm Reply with quote
i love Trinity Blood its a amazing serise i have just finished watching episode 24. i just really wanna no if theres goin to be a second serise at all.
darkhunter

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 2:32 pm Reply with quote
FeyMeggan wrote:
Has anyone seen it(all or at least more than one or two episodes)? My roommate and I just finished watching it and we're sooooo confused. It starts off with a bit more of a light-hearted feel, but the end gets...well...spoiler[weird and very 'unfinished'] if you ask me.

Since there's not a lot of info out there on it(trust me, I've scoured) unless of course you can read japanese webpages(which I cannot) I was hoping someone here had some insights. Since the ending was...see spoiler above...we were hoping maybe there were setting up for another season or an OVA or...well...something! There were so many dangly-plots left I finished episode 24 torn as to whether or not I actually liked it!

Anyone else have an opinion about this series? I'll wait here with a cuppa tea with 13 lumps of sugar...mmm...congeal-y.

Everytime an anime series end and we get tons of people asking for a second season: The answer is generally NO second season, and if there was going to be a 2nd season, you'll hear it about it here on ANN.

The only way you'll get more of the Trinity Blood story is through the original manga. An anime series will only run about a 12-13 episode or 24-26 episode season and won't emcompass the whole manga if the manga is still being release. Unless the series is extremely popular in japan or the US (like Ninja Scroll), they won't be producing more and move onto another project. Don't get your hopes up.

Last edited by darkhunter on Fri Nov 04, 2005 3:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Keonyn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 3:02 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, usually if an anime is going to have a 2nd season it is known about or in production by the time the 1st season is licensed and in the US.

Alot of people do ask for second seasons though and alot of that is due to the fact that many anime tend to have disappointing endings or endings with loose ends which is likely due to cultural differences or simply that it's based on a manga that is still going. It's really just something you have to get accustomed to as an anime fan, that and depressing endings, heh, there's a good number of those as well.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Sudo

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 3:47 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, I saw it and enjoyed it quite a bit. I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for a second season though if I were you, since the author who wrote the novels that the series is based on died.
v1cious

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 5:30 pm Reply with quote
absolutely mind numbing series. first time i ever quit a show in mid run.
Iemander

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 9:01 pm Reply with quote
I agree with Vicious, I'm going to complete watching it, but I found the series to be so bad it gets hilarious. The storyline overall doesn't seem all that bad, but the character development and lucrid presentation just turn me off completely.
FeyMeggan

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 12:37 am Reply with quote
I sorta figured there woudln't be more...but I can hope right? lol, naieve li'l anime-fiend that I am. The main reason I posted this was to see if anyone had info on it, I was under the impression it was very new and didn't know if they had decreed it was done yet. Guess I didn't make myself very clear at first.

And I'm surprised at the dichotomy of responses to the series. People either loved it or really disliked it, oh well, I guess that's pretty normal. I'm confused why people find it any more ludicrus than any other anime series though. Lets face it it's by no means the most far-fetched storyline/episode sets you'll ever find. Just my two cents of course.

Thanks to those that replied though, it may make me sad to know there's nothing else on the horizon for this series,b ut at least now I know.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime
Iemander

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 7:23 am Reply with quote
Quote:
And I'm surprised at the dichotomy of responses to the series. People either loved it or really disliked it, oh well, I guess that's pretty normal. I'm confused why people find it any more ludicrus than any other anime series though. Lets face it it's by no means the most far-fetched storyline/episode sets you'll ever find. Just my two cents of course.

It's all just SO clichéd, every act from everyone could be expected before they actually did it. I'm sure the series would've been a bit better if it was handled with a little more originality because the storyline and setting didn't seem all that bad.
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 9:32 pm Reply with quote
Iemander wrote:
It's all just SO clichéd, every act from everyone could be expected before they actually did it. I'm sure the series would've been a bit better if it was handled with a little more originality because the storyline and setting didn't seem all that bad.

Yea I thought this show had some promise to it when I first started watching it, but it's ending is so bad. I was looking at some Trinity Blood Forum and from what I can tell this series was based on a Manga which was further based on novels. So the anime is pretty water down. I guess their is a lot of information that is not presented to us (anime viewer) that really helps to bring the story together. Such as spoiler[how Kain, Seth and Abel came to be Krunsik and the whole deal about them on the spaceship at the end of the show. ] This is a damn shame for this series to end this way when it very apparent that it needs a second season. Oh well chalk this one with berserk and all the other show that were never finished.
Till next time,

Delta Kiral
Iemander

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 3:08 pm Reply with quote
Actually, after finally seeing the last couple of episodes, I want to renounce my opinion in this thread. The last few episodes made the series a "merely" decent one instead of a horribly bad one for me.

I felt that these last few episodes were far better made than any other episode that came before it.

And about a second season, if they're going through this much effort to actually create an open end, I think it's highly possible a second season will get announced depending on the series' succes.
Zippydsm
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 2:08 pm Reply with quote
Love the show cant wait for funi to get done with it so I can buy it,is it perfect no is it good yes,the ending leaves it open to start a new sereis will it get a new series...probly not.....
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
bahamut623

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 1:55 pm Reply with quote
The animation was kinda nice, but the character designs were so unappealing. I dropped it after the first episode(although I shoulda given it more of a chance).
As for having an end to the story, you won't get the actual ending, since the author of the originial novels and the manga died last july. I dont know if the story in the novels was ever finished though, but I do know that the manga was not.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1