• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Pokémon: Black and White Season 2 to Premiere on June 21

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TitanXL

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 7:04 pm Reply with quote
The Celebi event was only in the Japanese version of Crystal. As well as various other things that got removed and changed in the English version game.

Though I've known Silver was Sakaki's son long before the Heart Gold/Soul Silver remakes, as well as Lady Boss being Sakaki's mother and Silver's grandmother, so it must have been established before then. I just don't really remember when or where.
Haterater

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 9:13 pm Reply with quote
@ TitanXL

They are talking about a new event that triggers when you bring an event Celebi to the Ilex Forrest Shrine in the HGSS remakes, when you are sent back in time and see Giovanni and Silver talk and also battle Giovanni. In the Japanese version, they do directly say about their link, but I think nothing was mentioned in the English version. After defeating Giovanni, there were sounds heard that could intepret of the theory of what happened since the event of that battle was near a waterfall.
Juno016

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 10:56 pm Reply with quote
Haterater wrote:
@ TitanXL

They are talking about a new event that triggers when you bring an event Celebi to the Ilex Forrest Shrine in the HGSS remakes, when you are sent back in time and see Giovanni and Silver talk and also battle Giovanni. In the Japanese version, they do directly say about their link, but I think nothing was mentioned in the English version. After defeating Giovanni, there were sounds heard that could intepret of the theory of what happened since the event of that battle was near a waterfall.

I mentioned how that exact event is actually a remake of a previous event from the Japanese Gold/Silver, which is actually... somewhat incorrect. TitanXL was just correcting me (it was Crystal, not Gold/Silver) and elaborating on my thoughts.

TitanXL wrote:
...as well as Lady Boss being Sakaki's mother and Silver's grandmother...

...I don't remember this at all in the games. Is she anime-only?
Not that the anime can't be considered "canon," but it's not the same "canon" as the games, so...
Haterater

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 12:01 am Reply with quote
I see, got confused there.

I do wonder how long Dawn will be on there. Cameo or something like May when she returned will be alright. But I wonder how long this season will be. With the way Nintendo wants 3DS to sell more, a new Pokemon game must either be coming 2013 or 2014.
Tenbyakugon

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 8:53 am Reply with quote
Juno016 wrote:
TitanXL wrote:
...as well as Lady Boss being Sakaki's mother and Silver's grandmother...

...I don't remember this at all in the games. Is she anime-only?
Not that the anime can't be considered "canon," but it's not the same "canon" as the games, so...

She has appeared once, at the very beginning of the first movie. At this point, it isn't like she really matters.
jr240483

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 8:27 pm Reply with quote
TitanXL wrote:
Shirona AND Hikari? C'mon now, it's like they're completely aware of that popular otaku pairing between them or something. Oh wait, they are.

Also, guess it's time for Sakaki to finally make his move in Isshu.

I guess we'll be getting Cheren in the anime after all if he's going to be the Normal-type Gym Leader. Wonder if Bel still knows him in the anime.

Not quite. When it came to the popular otaku paring during the shinou series, it's usually either hikari & Nozumi ( Zoey ) , or hikari with the two previous girls,Haruka and Kasumi.

and for Issihu , it's Kamisure & Furro for some reason.

Hopefully before Best Wishes 2 premiere, THEY SURE AS HELL BETTER SHOW THE ROCKET GANG VS THE PLASMA GANG!! OTHERWISE I'M GONNA BE VERY PISSED!

TitanXL wrote:
The Celebi event was only in the Japanese version of Crystal. As well as various other things that got removed and changed in the English version game.

Though I've known Silver was Sakaki's son long before the Heart Gold/Soul Silver remakes, as well as Lady Boss being Sakaki's mother and Silver's grandmother, so it must have been established before then. I just don't really remember when or where.

Wait a minute. GIOVANNI'S MOM IS STILL ALIVE?? HOW THE HELL IS THAT POSSIBLE?? NOT TO MENTIONED HER HAVING A PART IN HER SONS ORGINIZATION??

Though I've never played the original versions of Gold/Silver & Crystal , I'm would have heard about it in the chronicle OVA's since they did had Silver as a cameo as well as Gold ( Jimmy ) & Crystal ( Marin ) during their appearance on the Legend of Thunder Eps.

If they ever have this lady boss appear in the anime series,it's definitely gonna confuse a lot of hard core pokemaniacs more times than ten Spindas using teeder dance.

Tenbyakugon wrote:

She has appeared once, at the very beginning of the first movie. At this point, it isn't like she really matters.

How? I watched the first movie from the beginning to the end on both theaters and on PPV and I have not seen a mentioned of this lady boss at all.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
TitanXL

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 9:23 pm Reply with quote
jr0904 wrote:
Not quite. When it came to the popular otaku paring during the shinou series, it's usually either hikari & Nozumi ( Zoey ) , or hikari with the two previous girls,Haruka and Kasumi.

Shirona and Hikari is a lot more prolific and popular in Japan, trust me.

Quote:
Hopefully before Best Wishes 2 premiere, THEY SURE AS HELL BETTER SHOW THE ROCKET GANG VS THE PLASMA GANG!! OTHERWISE I'M GONNA BE VERY PISSED!

I doubt they ever will. It'd be too awkward given the show has since moved on. At best they might rewrite it for the second arc in Best Wishes. I just hope we find out what happened to Flint, he disappeared entirely after that event, while Serger and Matori still appear and contribute to Rocket-dan's stories.

Actually I have a theory: Flint was actually Handsome in disguise who was sent to infiltrate Rocket-dan, since Handsome was supposed to appear in the skipped episode and mention he was undercover. And he's a master of disguises, after all.

Quote:
Wait a minute. GIOVANNI'S MOM IS STILL ALIVE?? HOW THE HELL IS THAT POSSIBLE?? NOT TO MENTIONED HER HAVING A PART IN HER SONS ORGINIZATION??

She used to be the head of Rocket-dan before Sakaki, but has since stepped down and her son took over. There's some side material which covers when she was the head of the organization and worked along side Miyamoto (Musashi's mom) and inadvertently causing Miyamoto's apparent death and Musashi being sent to an orphanage to grow up alone.

Quote:
How? I watched the first movie from the beginning to the end on both theaters and on PPV and I have not seen a mentioned of this lady boss at all.

Removed in the English version I suppose, like a lot of stuff is.
jr240483

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 8:17 am Reply with quote
TitanXL wrote:
jr0904 wrote:

Shirona and Hikari is a lot more prolific and popular in Japan, trust me.

That I know all too well when it comes to the yuri community since I'm a die hard yuri lover,though i've seen more of the popularity when it comes to Hikari and her two predecessors,Haruka and Kasumi.

there are some in that community that dont like the age difference between Hikari who's 10 and shirona who's clearly in her late 20's ( though i have no problem with it since i'm a lolicon fan too ) which was why they prefer those alternatives.

Then again, I only watch english dubs , so what do I know.

TitanXL wrote:
jr0904 wrote:

I doubt they ever will. It'd be too awkward given the show has since moved on. At best they might rewrite it for the second arc in Best Wishes. I just hope we find out what happened to Flint, he disappeared entirely after that event, while Serger and Matori still appear and contribute to Rocket-dan's stories.

Actually I have a theory: Flint was actually Handsome in disguise who was sent to infiltrate Rocket-dan, since Handsome was supposed to appear in the skipped episode and mention he was undercover. And he's a master of disguises, after all.

You may have a point,but people are gonna be mad as a hornets nest if they just completely skip that arc and label them as part of the infamous banned eps and i kinda doubt it'll be that way. not to mentioned they left a lot of holes in the storyline.

Though Dr Zager is still here, Both Giovanni and the new guy Pierce ( I'm still baffeled that he got voiced by Dan Green cause of the complcations with these union & non-union hooplah ) are missing.

Though I too have a nasty feeling Pierce is a double agent either working for the international police like Looker or is with Team Plasma.

TitanXL wrote:
[quote"jr0904"]Wait a minute. GIOVANNI'S MOM IS STILL ALIVE?? HOW THE HELL IS THAT POSSIBLE?? NOT TO MENTIONED HER HAVING A PART IN HER SONS ORGINIZATION?? [/quote/

She used to be the head of Rocket-dan before Sakaki, but has since stepped down and her son took over. There's some side material which covers when she was the head of the organization and worked along side Miyamoto (Musashi's mom) and inadvertently causing Miyamoto's apparent death and Musashi being sent to an orphanage to grow up alone.

Never though Jessie's mom was part of the rocket gang as well. At least there none of any weird family secrets between Satoshi and his family.

TitanXL wrote:
[quote=jr0904"]How? I watched the first movie from the beginning to the end on both theaters and on PPV and I have not seen a mentioned of this lady boss at all.

Removed in the English version I suppose, like a lot of stuff is.

Not susprised it was edited. It was licensed by the horror that is 4kids.

Though PUSA is doing ok with the anime series so far, fans Was kinda disappointed with them that they never used the original japaneese script & Opening and Ending themes for Diamond & Pearl as well as for Best Wishes , though majority of fans were more POED with PUSA when they replaced Veronica Taylor for Satoshi.

they definitely need to at least release the old seasons & movies with the original japaneese script and use the original OP & ED ( their ten times better than those eng OP ) in order to at least bring some people interested in the new series.

Last edited by jr240483 on Thu May 17, 2012 12:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
TitanXL

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 1:22 pm Reply with quote
Well as far as openings go, it'll be nice to get a new one. Best Wishes is a great song at the start and first batch of episodes (where each following episode unveiled a bit more of the world and it gradually went from black to white, but it has since lost it's wonder after 85 episodes and is pretty outdated, and has become the longest opening theme in terms of how many episodes it's been used in. I can't wait to hear Iris and Dent's songs (every prominent character to date has gotten to sing at least one opening or ending song)
penguintruth

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 2:07 pm Reply with quote
Has Ash gotten his Primeape back yet?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
jr240483

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 12:30 pm Reply with quote
TitanXL wrote:
Well as far as openings go, it'll be nice to get a new one. Best Wishes is a great song at the start and first batch of episodes (where each following episode unveiled a bit more of the world and it gradually went from black to white, but it has since lost it's wonder after 85 episodes and is pretty outdated, and has become the longest opening theme in terms of how many episodes it's been used in. I can't wait to hear Iris and Dent's songs (every prominent character to date has gotten to sing at least one opening or ending song)

well i also like Best Wishes openings as well though personally my fav is the 1st OP for Diamond & Pearl.
TitanXL

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 10:51 am Reply with quote
Ookido's Live-Caster this week was an extended look on upcoming events with an audio preview of the new theme: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DE3P6qVMIi0

Arriving in East Isshu
Shirona VS Cattleya
Satoshi VS Hikari

Hikari's team hasn't changed one bit, which is a bit surprising.

Seeing this reminds me how funny Pochama's facial expressions were. Mijumaru is cute/funny, but Pochama is still the king of reaction faces. They're apparently fighting over Meloetta's love, so there's going to be a lot of that.
jr240483

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 2:49 pm Reply with quote
Unfortunately Oshawott better be careful Meloetta's actually a guy,like what happened with that Purlion.

Though it's kinda susprising that Hikari have the same team especially with that rumor from corocoro about her having mesprit in her team.

It seems that Cynthia is the only one that got a team upgrade,though it's starting to be more of a dragon type team.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2