• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Tenjou Tenge/Street Fighter

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hadou-ken

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 8:57 pm Reply with quote
i'm looking for an anime similar to these two
LeoKnight25

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 9:31 pm Reply with quote
Fatal Fury is quite similar to Street Fighter. Follows two brothers, their martial arts teacher and a former sparring partner on a quest for revenge against a former family friend who betrayed them and stole the secrets of their martial arts techniques and killed the brothers' father. There's an hour long TV special, a 70 minute TV special and a 100 minute film. Altogether one of the best fighting anime out there.

I also thought I'd mention Street Fighter II V if you hadn't seen that one yet. I wasn't sure which Street Fighter you'd seen. Street Fighter II V follows a younger Ryu and Ken on there travels around the world, facing the world's toughest opponents. Along the way they meet most of the famous characters from the Street Fighter universe.

Other than that, I can't think of much else.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
TranceLimit174

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 1:36 am Reply with quote
There's also the King Of Fighters anime that'll be out fairly soon. I don't know of anything that's a lot like Tenjho Tenge (I loved the series though). But as far as stuff like SF there's also one shot movies like Battle Arena Toshiniden and Samurai Showdown.
Captain Crotchspike

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 2:42 am Reply with quote
Don't watch Samurai Shodown. Don't pay any amount of money for it, be it rent or buy. Borrow from a friend, if you must, but you musn't. It hurt. That anime hurt me.
Abarenbo Shogun

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 4:47 am Reply with quote
If you value Boobies and crude sexual humor with your fighting, you also have Ikki Tousen.
IchigoK90

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 12:04 pm Reply with quote
Well which Street Figher have you seen? Was it Street Fighter 2: The Animated Movie or Street Fighter II V or Street Fighter: Alpha The Movie? Fatal Fury: The Motion Picture is decent and enjoyable to watch. Theres also the Fatal Fury: The Hungry Wolf OVA and one other Fatal Fury incarnation out there. If you want fighting anime based off games then you could also look into Battle Arena Toshinden or Tekken: The Motion Picture though they are only worth viewing once. Theres also Voltage Fighters: Gowcaizer or Samurai Girl Real Bout Highschool or Variable Geo. Then last of all is Night Warriors: Darkstalkers' Revenge. None of them are very special though they are enjoyable........at least most of the time. All of them are similar to what you've pretty much asked for.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1