• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Viz Media Licenses 07-Ghost Gothic Fantasy Manga

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Keichitsu0305

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:37 pm Reply with quote
I remember watching a few episodes on Crunchyroll awhile back. It wasn't too bad.

I'll check out the manga once it comes out. Smile
rinmackie

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:39 pm Reply with quote
Now, if only someone would rescue Canterella!
Finny-chan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:26 pm Reply with quote
Word cannot discribe how effing happy I am. 07 Ghost is my favorite manga of all time and I was afraid I would have to import from Chung-Yi or Madman. Thanks Viz.

Just please for the love of God don't drop it or I'll Crying or Very sad a river
zawa113

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:03 pm Reply with quote
Oh? It's like the sudden invitation to feast on Go Comi's manga corpse has suddenly been opened up. And gotta admit, it looks pretty delicious despite being carrion kinda left out in the open there for a while (RIP, Go Comi). Now I just need to assign the current companies to various animals, like vulture, hyena, the big lion that makes everyone else wait until it's finished eating, and hagfish, and the I shall be totally happy with my analogy! Being a bio major, I also think of eating chicken wings as eating a corpse, I can be kinda morbid like that sometimes.

Anyway, I kept going "that sounds familiar" but of course, Go Comi, that explains it. Has anything else from Go Comi been license rescued yet? I can't think of any other (but Song of the Hanging Sky sure deserves it, it's not even that long of a series!) but it sounds like a series I might want to try out too, so yeah, another money drain (dammit, maybe I'll wait for Kekkaishi to finish coming out, get a series off my buying plate there, damn this huge year for manga!)

*edit Looks like Chuang Yi has published up to vol 10 for those who are impatient and have lots of money!
Peebs

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:35 pm Reply with quote
Finally! I had hoped Viz would rescue this title. I'm tired of those ugly scanlations that make no sense and that was all I could have since GoComi dropped off the face of the Earth. I'll keep the two volumes I have and still get the Viz versions. I hope they do the color pages too.
Elves

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:15 am Reply with quote
I'm glad to know 07-Ghost was "rescued" - thank you Viz!!
Now you'll get even a larger chunk of my money. hehe
Pelianth
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:14 am Reply with quote
kel aka gandy wrote:
Also, Simon & Schuster recently listed two volumes of a 2-in-1 version of Loveless from Viz, starting this October. I don't think they had originally mentioned this when they announced the series...

It looks like that's in addition to the single volumes, starting where TP left off in September with volume 9. This should please those who don't want to wait for the omnibuses to catch up.
st_owly

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:32 am Reply with quote
Viz, take my money. Now rescue Maid-sama, dammit!
I bought volume 1 of this from Go Comi but sold it when they went under, as I didn't see any point in keeping it. I hope they rerelease this one from the beginning Very Happy
cloud8100

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:25 am Reply with quote
Very Happy , yeah, I was just thinking about this the other day. It will be a lot easier to keep up with the story by buying the volumes. I keep forgetting everything with the online scanlations. BUY!
domokun1134

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:43 am Reply with quote
I bought the first 3 go!comi volumes and got tired of waiting so I read the rest on some manga site. I suspect anyone else who was interested in this manga did the same.
rabrek

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:09 am Reply with quote
domokun1134 wrote:
I bought the first 3 go!comi volumes and got tired of waiting so I read the rest on some manga site. I suspect anyone else who was interested in this manga did the same.

Rolling Eyes Contrary to popular interwebs belief, there's a world of manga-reading, anime-watching folk who can't be bothered to seek out scanlations or fansubs beyond what they're spoon-fed on YouTube. A bunch of us who have followed the scanlations will buy the Viz releases anyway, and there'll be new readers getting on board as well.

classicalzawa wrote:
Has anything else from Go Comi been license rescued yet? I can't think of any other (but Song of the Hanging Sky sure deserves it, it's not even that long of a series!)

This. If SotHS gets finished, I'll definitely add it to my "manga isn't all ninjas and hentai, here you'll like this" circulating collection.
FireChick
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:38 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Now, if only someone would rescue Canterella!

Quote:
Has anything else from Go Comi been license rescued yet? I can't think of any other (but Song of the Hanging Sky sure deserves it, it's not even that long of a series!)

THESE!!! True them!! They deserve re-releases too!!! Very Happy

Also, Viz, while you're at it, will you also be so kind as to release the anime on DVD and cast Brianne Siddall as Teito and Steve Blum as Ayanami?
Kazemon15

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:47 pm Reply with quote
I'm really not holding my breath for this...

I'll be expecting Viz to put this on hiatus as well.
CatoriStar

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:31 pm Reply with quote
This is hands down the most exciting licensing news I've ever heard. I had given up hope that 07-Ghost would ever be rescued. Honestly, I cannot thank you enough Viz. Now I just really hope it will be published beyond Volume 3. Very Happy
Finny-chan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 4:39 pm Reply with quote
Kazemon15 wrote:
I'm really not holding my breath for this...

I'll be expecting Viz to put this on hiatus as well.

Well even if they do we still will have Chung Yi and Madman. Wink

If it sells Viz will continue to pump it out. My only fear is that they will screw over the translations like they did with Reborn. I'll still buy 07 Ghost regardless since the older scans are not that good quality wise.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3