• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Horribly Sad Berserk Ending!(Episode 25)

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kirin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 11:35 pm Reply with quote
I was wondering if someone could tell me what happens after Episode 25 in the Berserk episodes. I was so sad and angry at the ending! spoiler[Does his girlfriend just die there in Hell while being raped or whatever by Griffin while Gatts looses his arm?!(THAT SUCKS!) All of his friends and comrades die horribly in the end by being grusomely chewed up by demons, that is just pathetic...After all they went through, for it to end that stupidly is just a waste of time and story. It had so much potential to end good, but whats the point when all your friends die and only evil wins. All that is left is cheesy revenge against Griffin, who won't bring back the girl he finally fell in love with, even if he does kill him. ]
SO, now that that is said, I feel a little better. Is there some hope to a better ending if I read the mangas? If there is no good ending then I'd say it has one of the worst endings in Anime, along with some other sad and pointless ones I've seen.
Any comments to bring some closure to this story? Was anyone else dissapointed with the ending? If it ends good for a while and gets better and gives you hope of something good, but then just crushes your hopes quite morbidly in the end, then what is the point? By the way I have seen plenty of the so called "realist" Animes that just end bad to keep "realism," but who wants something as horrible as the ending for the episodes? I was just stunned at the abruptness and non-closure. If anyone could tell me what happens after that, then I would be appreciative. I'm a writer and I just hate stupid endings. Thanks ahead of time!
Ohoni

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 3:05 am Reply with quote
That's not the end, that's just where they stopped. If you want to find out what happens next (in some ways better and in some ways worse than you imagine), then pick up volume 13 of the manga, which covers ep 25 (and maybe a bit of 24), and then about an episode or two more worth of story. Volume 14 is also a good idea. If they'd have animated those, they would have had a proper "ending" to the series, even though it then goes on for MANY more volumes (which are similar in content to the first episode).
Luminescence

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 10:17 am Reply with quote
Yeah, if there's one thing I appreciated about the Berserk ending, it's that it spat in the face of convention and refused to give us the "happy" ending that most probably wanted--which truly helped to set itself apart as one of the definitive members of the "Dark Fantasy" genre of anime series. The manga is very well done and I wholly recommend it to you so that you can experience the continuation of the plot started by the series.
ZODDGUTS

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 12:15 pm Reply with quote
Quote:

SO, now that that is said, I feel a little better. Is there some hope to a better ending if I read the mangas? If there is no good ending then I'd say it has one of the worst endings in Anime, along with some other sad and pointless ones I've seen.

It wasn't pointless it so that Griffith would be reborn and they (Godhand) needed sacfrices for that to happen. The ending to the anme is frustrating because it just stops and you don't find out has to how Guts escapes from the eclipse. So you'll need to read the manga to know what happens afterwards and then really get to see why Griffith had to be turn into a demon because manga spoiler: spoiler[Griffith ends up being reborn his not demon anymore his sort of the anti-christ right now in the manga.]

BTW Caska If you want to know as to what happen to her after: spoiler[ She doens't die she's alive though she went nuts because of what happen.]

Anyways get the manga it's one of the best written manga series ever made. It's already up to vol 8 and the anime only covers up to vol 13 there's a total of 27 volumes in Japan and it's not finish yet.[/spoiler]
Kirin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 12:55 pm Reply with quote
Thanks for replying, I did investigate it some more afterwards, where do you go about getting mangas? Can I buy them in electronic download formats, like an E-Book? Or just at small bookstores?
Mr.Hawq

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 3:35 pm Reply with quote
i think it would have been best to end the anime after episode 22, cause after that episode the show went somewhere else, o also thought the ending was very not a ending for anime series makeing the ending very graphic, the best part for me for the ending waswhen you see guts arm get ripped off. I think they could have ended the anime with some other type of a good ending that can actually end the show, and continue from the manga. I guess this show was just some advertisement for more people to buy the manga
ZODDGUTS

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 4:48 pm Reply with quote
Kirin wrote:
Thanks for replying, I did investigate it some more afterwards, where do you go about getting mangas? Can I buy them in electronic download formats, like an E-Book? Or just at small bookstores?

You can buy the first 8 volumes that so far have been released by Darkhorse you can get it at any book store Barnes& Nobles, Borders and also at Suncoast. You can also buy it online.

www.animenation.com sells the imported (japanesse tanks)books. Do a google search you should find some helpful websites.
ParaParaJMo

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 5:37 pm Reply with quote
The manga omits a lot of what happens in volumes 2 and 3 so start from teh beginning of the manga.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1