• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
the funimation channel was a mistke for funimation

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hikaru393

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 12:54 pm Reply with quote
if funimation were smart they should have put it on direct tv since most tv viwers have direct tv now.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
The Ramblin' Wreck

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 12:59 pm Reply with quote
hikaru393 wrote:
if funimation were smart they should have put it on direct tv since most tv viwers have direct tv now.

Except for those of us with Dish Network or Comcast or Adelphia.............
IchigoK90

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 1:17 pm Reply with quote
Can you go into more detail as why it was a mistake for FUNimation to have a channel. Your opening post leaves nothing much to discuss.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
hikaru393

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 1:33 pm Reply with quote
i said that more people have direct tv and that if they had it for direct tv they would have more customers.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Starwind Amada

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 2:23 pm Reply with quote
I'd like to see some proof that everyone has DirecTV. I don't have it. Just because you have it doesn't mean EVERYONE else does.
IchigoK90

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 2:27 pm Reply with quote
Yep, me no have either. We're not all rich enough to afford it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Ataru

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 2:42 pm Reply with quote
As far as I have seen, it cost about the same, but depends on package. I have DirecTV, but I stop "demanding my anime" months ago when DirecTV stop listening.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
hikaru393

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 2:43 pm Reply with quote
i never said evreyone has it i said the majorty of tv owners now have direct tv.
IchigoK90

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 2:51 pm Reply with quote
ehh my living conditions right now won't let me get direct tv. Currently for me it's like living in my own little japan. I sleep on the floor while my two little sisters sleep in the one bedroom of our apartment with my parents. So yeah pretty cramped at my place. Usually rely on some other people for anime and stuff so I envy you guys.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 4:17 pm Reply with quote
I'm a TV viewer and I don't even know what Direct TV is.
Even assuming you are only referring to TV viewers in North America or the States, some quantatitive data would be useful at this point.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Kazuki-san

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 4:19 pm Reply with quote
hikaru393 wrote:
i never said evreyone has it i said the majorty of tv owners now have direct tv.

And we're waiting for you to prove that to us. In point of fact, a Pew Research Center report, released last year, shows that 64% of people nationwide subscribe to cable, while a mere 25% subscribe to any form of satellite service.
emory

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 4:51 pm Reply with quote
hikaru393 wrote:

Only 15 million homes in America have DirecTV. And if DirecTV wants a channel, they'll add it to their list.
.Sy

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 7:41 pm Reply with quote
It takes quite a bit of money for Funimation to do this, and I'm still not sure I got the details right. I have Comcast cable with CN and Nickolodeon and all, but my hopes for getting Funi isn't all too high, given my area. And a whole lot of people don't have Direct TV.
Starwind Amada

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 7:44 pm Reply with quote
hikaru393 wrote:

Apparently not, since only a small number of people have DirecTV, as mentioned earlier.

And just because you're upset that you can't get it, don't go around saying that it's a failure when it's just getting started. That's a sign of a whiny little fanboy complaining that he's not getting his 50th dose of DBZ.
tidusora

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 9:54 pm Reply with quote
I know, not the majority have DirecTV just because you have it. Most people have cable like Comcast, Adelphia, Charter Communications, or even Time Warner. I only got Comcast so that I can view anime content on demand, also, because I heard a rumor that Comcast signed a deal with Sony, and will launch 3 channels Animax (Anime), Sony Entertainment, AXN.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2