• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Is anime an escape for you?

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ShinobiX

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 2:28 pm Reply with quote
Azathrael wrote:
Sure, some random dude came up to me one day and told me he loves me and ran away laughing like a maniac. Does that count?

Two options:
1. Be promiscuous and find out. I'm sure he'll agree Twisted Evil

2. Ask him and get hurt.

Either way you loose. Don't take advice from me.
IchigoK90

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 6:27 pm Reply with quote
ShinobiX wrote:
IchigoK90 wrote:

Back on topic people!

No, this is funny. What more can you say in this thread anyway?

What more can anyone say? Theres tons and then theres others (meaning new members of the forum) to view and reply if they wish. Just because alot of people have replied doesn't give you the right to change the topic. I'm the creator of the thread and I wouldn't like it changed from what it is because who knows how many others have something to say.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
ViTaLJaM

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 2:39 am Reply with quote
I do the same thing. I just use anime as an escape route. I don't really feel depressed though. Well maybe I do, but I think it is because I am so sick and tired of reality.

Anime helps me express myself so much. I can watch an anime, and feel very good about myself, after I watch the anime I write all of my feelings down. Infact sometimes it has nothing to do with the anime.

I watched Escaflowne the other day, and I wrote about after death. I was going crazy just thinking about things but it felt good. I finally had something that was interesting to think about.

I was thinking, "why should I have to choose between heaven and hell? I go through life, and I go through so much trouble. I get hurt a lot, and I have my rough spots. I go through all this pain in life just to get to 2 options. Why can't I choose where I want to go, and what I want to do in the after life."

That's the kind of stuff I write about most of the time. It is kind of cheesy and whatever yeah, but it really helps me, and that's why I enjoy anime so much. Like I said I am not really depressed, but it does help me escape.
IchigoK90

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 3:21 pm Reply with quote
ViTaLJaM wrote:
Like I said I am not really depressed, but it does help me escape.

Well either way your reply indicates that you sound depressed.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
ShinobiX

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 6:18 pm Reply with quote
IchigoK90 wrote:

What more can anyone say? Theres tons and then theres others (meaning new members of the forum) to view and reply if they wish. Just because alot of people have replied doesn't give you the right to change the topic. I'm the creator of the thread and I wouldn't like it changed from what it is because who knows how many others have something to say.

If you haven't noticed, I changed a lot of people’s threads including yours and there is nothing more to say in this thread except I like it or not. This thread talked about if people were disturbed about boobs in anime to the point where Asian breasts are small (I didn't say it, it's what this thread said). That's off topic. Then the thread talks about breast implants. Hmm. This tells me that this thread has nothing to do with anime anymore and it had nothing to do with it to begin with. It's a socializing thread. The only reason I can think of why this thread isn't blocked is because it's funny and interesting to read. So yes, I say go off topic because that is what we do in all of your threads.
Zalis116

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 9:55 pm Reply with quote
"Are you addicted or not. Make up your mind, I think you are since you sound like you get depressed a lot. "

Lol, addicted to alcohol, to anime, or to both? I probably do have an addictive personality type, but I try not to let it get to me too much. And yeah, I don't think my life is -that- bad considering all possible circumstances, I just feel emo about certain things.
Inu_Yasha_jr.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 10:19 pm Reply with quote
Like I said in earlier post, anime can do things to you. Sometimes I'll watch an anime opening over and over again just because it takes my mind off of certain things and because the art and music is just so beautiful. I'm not sure it's an "escape" but it's definitely something you can use to relax yourself.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Nagisa

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 10:58 pm Reply with quote
ShinobiX wrote:
If you haven't noticed, I changed a lot of people’s threads including yours

I wouldn't brag about that, if I were you. In fact, I'd make it a point to curb that habit, now that it's been brought to my attention. Starting now.

ShinobiX wrote:
This thread talked about if people were disturbed about boobs in anime to the point where Asian breasts are small (I didn't say it, it's what this thread said). That's off topic. Then the thread talks about breast implants.

The subject of the thread remains breast size. So we don't all still have our faces buried in Fujiko's chest, it's still sufficiently on-topic. And I really don't appreciate this backseat moderating of yours, going around intentionally throwing threads off-topic just because you personally don't want to talk about the subject matter anymore. If you yourself have nothing to say on the matter, then just don't post at all.

ShinobiX wrote:
So yes, I say go off topic

And I say don't go off-topic because it violates the rules. And I have authority here.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
ShinobiX

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 2:46 pm Reply with quote
Nagisa wrote:
ShinobiX wrote:
If you haven't noticed, I changed a lot of people’s threads including yours

I wouldn't brag about that, if I were you. In fact, I'd make it a point to curb that habit, now that it's been brought to my attention. Starting now.

ShinobiX wrote:
This thread talked about if people were disturbed about boobs in anime to the point where Asian breasts are small (I didn't say it, it's what this thread said). That's off topic. Then the thread talks about breast implants.

The subject of the thread remains breast size. So we don't all still have our faces buried in Fujiko's chest, it's still sufficiently on-topic. And I really don't appreciate this backseat moderating of yours,

I'm not moderating, I just say the thread is stupid and fun. Then I move on. I can't state my opinion?
I like the thread. Whats wrong with that? Stupid things are funny.

going around intentionally throwing threads off-topic just because you personally don't want to talk about the subject matter anymore. If you yourself have nothing to say on the matter, then just don't post at all.

Then explain this to me. Why not go off topic when this thread nearly has nothing to do with anime. Nearly all the pages in this thread have nothing to do with anime. If so, what is you interpretation of anime? Also, how does an anime thread turn into about real women breast and there size. They sort of match, yes, but they are not exactly similar which means it is off topic. Also, how is talking about Simone not going off topic. Ect. I could go on and on, but how about you read all his threads.

The answer to your question about me going off topic:
I do go off topic once in a while. When the thread mostly goes off topic because of what I say, you look at me as the scapegoat, but the questions I ask and how I reply relates to the thread. It's just that the way I respond leaves an opening for numerous replies that could be off topic.
Ex: I said men like real boobs and they dislike fake animation boobs. That's my opinion. Then someone replies by saying some people like real fake boobs (breast implants). At that point, the conversation will change into whether men like real boobs or not; which it did. It's not my fault I get responses like these.

ShinobiX wrote:
So yes, I say go off topic

And I say don't go off-topic because it violates the rules. And I have authority here.

How does me posting something in a thread that is off topic say that I am posting stuff off topic?
P.S.
I get what your saying and I'll stop, but I have my reasons and points and be reasonable, psychological questions have nothing to do with anime.
IchigoK90

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 3:11 pm Reply with quote
If my threads were ever off-topic then they'd be locked. As far as I know I haven't broken any of teh rules. You on the other hand (referring to ShinobiX) have been the one who has made my threads go off-topic. Don't just assume that the topic is old and useless because there are still many other potential opinions that haven't been heard.
ShinobiX

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 3:18 pm Reply with quote

Last edited by ShinobiX on Wed Sep 28, 2005 3:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
ShinobiX

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 3:19 pm Reply with quote
ShinobiX wrote:
IchigoK90 wrote:
If my threads were ever off-topic then they'd be locked. As far as I know I haven't broken any of teh rules. You on the other hand (referring to ShinobiX) have been the one who has made my threads go off-topic. Don't just assume that the topic is old and useless because there are still many other potential opinions that haven't been heard.

I said I like them and I am an "exact" person when it comes to test, writing, rules, ect. And it's not. All of your threads are pschological questions and last time I checked, psychology doesn't match with anime. I said I'll stop anyway.
Nagisa

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 5:14 pm Reply with quote
ShinobiX wrote:
Then explain this to me. Why not go off topic when this thread nearly has nothing to do with anime.

Because that violates the forum rules.

ShinobiX wrote:
Nearly all the pages in this thread have nothing to do with anime. If so, what is you interpretation of anime?

I could go on and on, but how about you read all his threads.

The fault does not lie with Ichigo. His threads start out anime-related; it's the fault of people like you who deliberately steer them off-topic for the hell of it because you're "bored with the discussion" or something stupid like that. If you don't care for the topic, don't post. The end. There is no excuse for off-topic trolling.

ShinobiX wrote:
When the thread mostly goes off topic because of what I say, you look at me as the scapegoat,

Because you're usually at the center of it. In many of Ichigo's threads, no less. I could take this a step further, and say that it's perhaps some vendetta against the guy, but I won't. All I'm going to say is that if the thread goes off-topic and you're actually not at fault, how about using that convenient notification button we had installed instead of reveling in it and celebrating everyone else's violation of the rules? Maybe that way, if you really aren't at fault, you won't get blamed for it.

And since this thread is so far gone for all of this nonsense, it gets locked.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6