• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Will Keroro Gunso Anime Come To America Any Time Soon?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zurf23

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 9:10 pm Reply with quote
Will Keroro Gunso come out on america television sometime next year? Or at all? I completly Love the Manga (i have all of them released in California.) If they are translating it and bringing it to america, ill be the happiest child around, if anyone knows please email me at [E-mail removed. -Nagi] or respond! Very Happy
outlawwolf

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 9:15 pm Reply with quote
It is a possibility. I mean, Toonami has Bobobo Bo Bo-Bobo(was that even close?) which looks like the most F-cktarded show ever so a show as odd as that one may have a chance.

Oh and this might end up having to be in the anime section of the forum so expect it to be moved or locked.
Nagisa

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 12:10 am Reply with quote
zurf23 wrote:
please email me at [E-mail removed. -Nagi]

You made a thread to discuss the series' domestic release, so you and other members of this forum will discuss it here. There's no reason you can't just speak publicly about this series, and I won't have this thread going to waste just because you're aversed to talking in here for some reason.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
areaseven
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 12:21 am Reply with quote
Okay, going back on topic...

Is Bandai Entertainment even interested in this series? Sure, it has Gundam cameos in it, but is that enough to warrant a U.S. release?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime
zurf23

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 1:13 am Reply with quote
Nagisa wrote:
zurf23 wrote:
please email me at [E-mail removed. -Nagi]

You made a thread to discuss the series' domestic release, so you and other members of this forum will discuss it here. There's no reason you can't just speak publicly about this series, and I won't have this thread going to waste just because you're aversed to talking in here for some reason.
well sorry, im a n00b on this forum and i just love the series i didn't want anyone to get angry...
zurf23

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 1:13 am Reply with quote
areaseven wrote:

Is Bandai Entertainment even interested in this series? Sure, it has Gundam cameos in it, but is that enough to warrant a U.S. release?
I dont know, but to me, gundam is hella boring, keroro is just crazy and i love it...
zurf23

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 1:15 am Reply with quote
outlawwolf wrote:
It is a possibility. I mean, Toonami has Bobobo Bo Bo-Bobo(was that even close?) which looks like the most F-cktarded show ever so a show as odd as that one may have a chance.

Oh and this might end up having to be in the anime section of the forum so expect it to be moved or locked.
I guess that gives it some hope ^^
Mugen The Great

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 2:53 pm Reply with quote
areaseven wrote:

I don't know about Bandai, but somebody has to get it. Given how wildly successful ZIM was with Media Blasters I wouldn't be surprised if they licensed it next con season given that it's basically the same thing as ZIM only with Gundam refferences added in and the goth stuff replaced with kawaii stuff. One thing's for certain, though: if it isn't licensed and ready for TV by 2007, I'll be awfully pissed off. Mad
Starwind Amada

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 5:07 pm Reply with quote
[quote="Mugen The Great"]
areaseven wrote:
Given how wildly successful ZIM was with Media Blasters I wouldn't be surprised if they licensed it next con season given that it's basically the same thing as ZIM only with Gundam refferences added in and the goth stuff replaced with kawaii stuff.

Why does everyone classify Invader Zim as an anime? THIS SHOW IS NOT JAPANESE. IT IS AN AMERICAN-MADE SERIES. IT DOESN'T EVEN HAVE THE ANIME-ESQUE FEEL FOUND IN SHOWS LIKE MEGAS XLR AND TOTALLY SPIES (which sucks).

And God forbid Nickelodeon show anything from Japan. Confused
Mugen The Great

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 6:33 am Reply with quote
[quote="Starwind Amada"]
Mugen The Great wrote:
areaseven wrote:
Given how wildly successful ZIM was with Media Blasters I wouldn't be surprised if they licensed it next con season given that it's basically the same thing as ZIM only with Gundam refferences added in and the goth stuff replaced with kawaii stuff.

Why does everyone classify Invader Zim as an anime? THIS SHOW IS NOT JAPANESE. IT IS AN AMERICAN-MADE SERIES. IT DOESN'T EVEN HAVE THE ANIME-ESQUE FEEL FOUND IN SHOWS LIKE MEGAS XLR AND TOTALLY SPIES (which sucks).

I know ZIM isn't anime. I'm just saying that it has a similar plot and humor to SGT Frog. Since Media Blasters sold well with ZIM DVDs, they'd likely do the same with SGT Frog. And Nick shouldn't show it. In fact, I'm guessing CN would actually purchase it merely out of spite for not being allowed to air ZIM.
Starwind Amada

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 11:30 am Reply with quote
[quote="Mugen The Great"]
Starwind Amada wrote:
Mugen The Great wrote:
areaseven wrote:

I know ZIM isn't anime.

Yes, but many other people do classify it as anime for some screwed-up reason. Seriously, I saw Gir cosplayers at Anime Boston (as well as Jack Sparrow and Edward Scissorhands cosplayers; those dumbasses don't even realize that it's an ANIME con, not some American movie convention). Johann Vasquez has even stated (not like he needs to) that it has no relation to Japanese animation WHATSOEVER. I think people just like to call it anime to make it sound cool. Rolling Eyes
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1