• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Congratulations Congratulations Congratulations? (FMA)

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nebs

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 1:53 am Reply with quote
From FullMetal Alchemist, does anyone remember what saying Congratulations 3 times on someone's birthday is supposed to do? I can't remember exactly & would like to find out. Anime smile
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
totalgeek

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 4:56 am Reply with quote
I thought it just meant that good things would happen to you. The DVDs haven't gotten that far into the series, yet, so I can't go check it out to be sure.
Shorty22

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 3:10 am Reply with quote
Well, originally, Hughes' little girl* said it to Winry and it wasn't Winry's birthday, so I don't think birthdays had anything to do with the saying. I think all the little girl said was that when you tell someone congratulations, good things happen to them.

*I can't believe I don't remember her name... you think I would after all of Hughes' ranting...
abunai
Old Regular

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 3:43 am Reply with quote
Shorty22 wrote:
Well, originally, Hughes' little girl*

{...}

*I can't believe I don't remember her name... you think I would after all of Hughes' ranting...

Elysia. I can't believe you forgot, either.

"Look, here's a picture of Elysia taking her first steps. And look at this one, Elysia's in a pink dress - she's so cute! And this is Elysia with a bunny rabbit. And in this one..."

I'm a father, myself - I can adlib Hughes-style dialogue 'till the cows come home. I'll spare you the baby pics, though. But don't push your luck. Wink

- abunai
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Nothing

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 6:28 pm Reply with quote
Yah i think it just means good luck
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1