• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anime that have had an influence in your life

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
IchigoK90

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 11:41 pm Reply with quote
Here comes another one of my topics on random stuff that deals with anime............well sorta. ShinobiX and DKL are gonna be on me again. Ohhh boy! Oh well now to the main topic: Anime that have had an influence in your life. Which anime has had an influence in your life in how you deal with your problems, interact with people, how you view the world and that kind of stuff. I'm always intrigued with what makes people think how they think. The influence of an anime doesn't have to be positive and it doesn't have to be negative. Neither does it have to be a major influence or a minor, I just want to know an inlfuence anime has made on you.

Well for me anime that have inluenced me are:
Honey & Clover - Its affected how I am thinking about my life after school.
Any Romance anime - Any romance anime has affected how I interact with girls like what I say, what I do, and how I think of them.
Any Gundam series - All of the Gundam series that I have seen have affected how I think about war and if I believe in war or not.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
DKL

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 11:51 pm Reply with quote
Whaddya mean? You make good threads man! *I was always being serious*

Anyway, I remember after rewatching NOW AND THEN, HERE AND THERE a few years back, I realized that the problems in my life were trivial in comparison to the problems of other people and I worked towards being a more positive person

*took forever to get here though* Razz
remember love

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 12:04 am Reply with quote
The most influence i had from anime was from the show Robotech
Because of that show I decided to join the air force (though I won be flying to to disadvantages with the eyes sadly) and i leave for the air force this december so i would diffenetly say that Robotech had a big impact on my life.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
azzmoneky

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 1:38 am Reply with quote
Aishiteruze Baby and this somehow

spoiler[First, Yuzuyu being "too insightful" for a five-year-old.... You have to remember that this is a five-year-old who has been living with a dysfunctional parent. Her mother has quite clearly been too weak to fulfill the parental role.

It's not the slightest bit surprising that Yuzu-chan should have these personality traits that you find so unattractive. Moreover, they are precisely the traits that make her character so captivating - she's a "walking wounded" survivor of a bad situation.

Second, another member of the "walking wounded" - Kokoro. I've heard from a number of men that Kokoro was everything they despised about women. She is "cold and aloof", and "gives Kippei a hard time".

But don't forget that Kokoro is also a victim, a young woman alienated from her own family (and family is very important in Japanese society). She is suffering, and there is no need to blame her for not being able to see beyond her own anguish.

To sum up, Kippei - for all his playboy manners and lazy mentality, is the product of a healthy family. Kokoro and Yuzu are not, and it is a credit to all three of them that they manage to find a way to live happily - if not "happily ever after", then at least into the foreseeable future after the end of the series

]

- abunai
IchigoK90

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 11:01 am Reply with quote
DKL wrote:
Whaddya mean? You make good threads man! *I was always being serious*

Well not you really but ShinobiX and pretty much what he said in my "anime that made you cry uncontrolably" thread.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 11:45 am Reply with quote
azzmoneky wrote:
- abunai

Next time, either credit the original author clearly, or start writing something of your own.

We had a Rite of Shaun Yu Bashing. Want one for you?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
dgreater1

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 1:26 pm Reply with quote
dormcat wrote:
azzmoneky wrote:
- abunai

Next time, either credit the original author clearly, or start writing something of your own.

Embarassed abunai will make you create an online apology for this one Laughing , be sure to do it correctly or you'll be in trouble with his fans Anime smile

Anyway, back in topic... 3x3 Eyes greatly influenced the way I think (whenever I do something big, I'll ask myself "Am I going to do the right thing?", but then again, I end up doing the wrong thing Laughing , Love Hina also made me study hard (maybe?), Air TV made me realized that I should express my own opinions and be honest with myself. Again... again... they're the most special anime for me, and I won't forget them Embarassed
ShinobiX

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 6:38 pm Reply with quote
IchigoK90 wrote:
Which anime has had an influence in your life in how you deal with your problems, interact with people, how you view the world and that kind of stuff. I'm always intrigued with what makes people think how they think.

Yep, it's futile. You can't make a thread where %90 of your topic is on anime. Also, I think you are going to grow up to be a psychology teacher because it's like, you want to know what everyone thinks. This thread yet again is stupid and probably will get a million posts, but at least it's interesting. DKL is right. You do make good posts, but I think “Come on, what anime influences you? It's fake, most of the stuff isn't realistic, you watch it for amusement period. You don't watch it to feel good and come up with psychological questions. I'm surprised people posted in the what anime makes you cry thread. Crying over anime. Yeah. That is sad and weird. I don’t care what they say. It is.”
P.S.
Oh yeah, I like your threads because it makes people post stupid things and I wont say it’s stupid all the time, but it’s funny. It’s also best not to say anything, but if I see something really weird, then I am going to state my opinion. Examples of what is weird: Your last two threads.
Weazul-chan

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 7:21 pm Reply with quote
honestly, Wolf's Rain really influenced me. it's the open spiritual aspect at the end, regarding Paradise and what exactly Paradise is that had me evaluating a lot of my beliefs and priorities. because so much is left open to interpretation there's so much you can potentially gain from that series.

(if you're unclear on some points of Paradise in that series you gotta watch the DVDs, AS cut out some important dialouge at the beginning of the first of the final four eps that talks about the nature of Paradise)
DJ Tricky

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 10:06 pm Reply with quote
I'm with ShinobiX on this one. Anime, although enjoyable and entertaining, does not bring any new ideas into the world and is notorius for stealing philosophical or psychological ideas. An anime may touch on one of these ideas but I'm not going to view it as an authoritative source, I will go to to the real people who came up with them in the first place. Call me crazy but I can't help but be a little skeptical of forming life changing decisions based on the musings of an anime director.

-DJ Tricky
Inu_Yasha_jr.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 10:09 pm Reply with quote
So many strange questions, but lots of anime really changed my life and how I act. Like His and Her Circumstances changed how I approach people...I seem more polite and well-mannered because of Ai Yori Aoshi...anime can do things to you...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
marie-antoinette

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 7:51 am Reply with quote
For me, surprise, surprise, Watase Yuu's manga and anime has affected me a fair amount, if any anime really has. Especially the manga Imadoki, since I identified quite a bit with the heroine in it.

I wouldn't say any anime really influenced my life that much (other than influencing the amount of money I have Razz) but they have shown different aspects of the world and expanded my view on things.
abunai
Old Regular

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 8:28 am Reply with quote
dgreater1 wrote:
dormcat wrote:
azzmoneky wrote:
- abunai

Embarassed abunai will make you create an online apology for this one Laughing , be sure to do it correctly or you'll be in trouble with his fans Anime smile

I'm so cramped-up with laughter, I'm one step from reverting to foetal position... Laughing

- abunai
THE GENUINE ARTICLE - SINCE 1965 - ACCEPT NO SUBSTITUTES
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
cckid716

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 9:36 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
I'm with ShinobiX on this one. Anime, although enjoyable and entertaining, does not bring any new ideas into the world and is notorius for stealing philosophical or psychological ideas. An anime may touch on one of these ideas but I'm not going to view it as an authoritative source, I will go to to the real people who came up with them in the first place. Call me crazy but I can't help but be a little skeptical of forming life changing decisions based on the musings of an anime director.

Well I'd rather watch an anime than read a long book about philosophy. Razz
remember love

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 10:24 pm Reply with quote
I'm with cckid716. Anime would be a little more entertaining then a book philosophy. And I'm laughing about it right now and have to type out that sentence because this isn't an instant messanger and "lol" isn't supposed to be written. I think it's okay for me to write it there because I'm quoting it of what is normally written in instant messangers.

For my opinion, I believe anime has many influences that some people can't see. Because if you look at anime each one shows different emotion in different forms love, hate, etc. I can perfectly see anime having philosophical view points which people can base there life upon. But i'm not saying you should have a philosophy right off of a anime. You should build philosophy over anime, life experiences, books on philosophy, and other sources. Making a philosophy off of one source I believe shouldn't be done because you wouldn't know the views of others.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1