• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Gedo Senki To Be Ghibli And Miyazaki's Next?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
redline

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 6:06 am Reply with quote
From http://www.animenewsservice.com :

9-20-05 (4:12AM EST)---- Gedo Senki To Be Ghibli And Miyazaki's Next?
According to a blog entry of an anonymous editor working for publisher in Tokyo, the next film animation work to be tackled by Studio Ghibli will be based on the Earthsea series of novels by American fantasy writer Ursula K. Le Guin. Specifically, the book Gedo Senki (Japanese Title). Hayao Miyazaki will reportedly direct. The editor learned of this news when a film rights option was being sought by the book's Japanese publisher Iwanami Shoten. The America-based Sci-Fi Channel adapted Le Guin's Earthsea series to TV in 2004 in it's "Legend of Earthsea" miniseries. The author has expressed her disapproval of the faithfulness to the original works of the above TV version. Miyazaki has in the past admitted being an admirer of Le Guin's writings
DarkTenshi90

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 7:21 am Reply with quote
Sounds interesting! Hopefully Miyazaki and Ghibli will rock the world with yet again, another beautiful movie. Anime smallmouth
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1