• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anime that have made you cry uncontrollably

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
IchigoK90

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 8:13 pm Reply with quote
First of all DKL and ShinobiX are gonna be all over on me for making another "Out of the Box thread" and so they can say all they want (though this doesn't mean I am offended by them). Second, this is not like the "Most touching anime" thread nor is it the "Trying not to cry" thread. This is the thread that asks what anime if any have made you cry uncontrollably. For me anime that have mad me cry uncontrollably are:

Air TV - What made me cry uncontrollably was that I knew Misuzu spoiler[was going to die at the end and it was just hard for me to see it through to the end knowing that she was gonna die. Also everytime Misuzu went into one of her outbursts and started crying made me cry aswell as I don't like seeing girls cry. And at the end of the series I felt sorry for Misuzu's aunt who was only able to watch as Misuzu tried to get to the goal. Those were some of the saddest scenes that I have ever watched, not to mention the song that was playing during the scene.]

Samurai X: Reflection - What made me cry in Samurai X was seeing spoiler[Kaoru waiting for Kenshin to return and see her. Watching her just withering away from her sickness and only waiting for Kenshin the whole time was really sad. Even though they finally see each other at the end it was sad that their last moments under a cherry tree (I think or was it by the river?) and Kenshin just finally losing his life was really sad.]

So if you all could try to add something please go into detail with why it made you cry?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Efan

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 8:26 pm Reply with quote
I made a post on the "Trying not to cry" thread but ill post the ones that were really made me cry.

In Naruto when Rock Lee spoiler[ended the match against Garaa by opening oll those seals or what ever when he knew it was going to and bad for him made me cry because of his dedication to prove to everyone that he was a great ninja, then when they said he'd have to give up his life as a ninja made me go crazy with tears Anime cry.]

In Elfen Lied spoiler[when someone came to the door and the clock chimmed, it made me cry because it made me believe it was Lucy- guess we'll never know Sad]

In Rurouni Kenshin OVA when Kenshin spoiler[kills his wife (forget her name Sad ) by accident when she tries to save him and he says "I'll go on living without loving another" or something like that, i just remebered i cried like a fat kid who dropped his ice cream Sad]

That's all i can think of now, ill update it later.
marie-antoinette

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 8:43 pm Reply with quote
The endings of both Wolf's Rain and Secrets of Cerulean Sand (an unlicensed series I got a fansub for) both made me cry. The latter one really surprised me, actually. It's a really interesting series, though some of the early episodes get a bit blah-ish (the first few are really good, then it's kinda bleh, then the ending is really good again).
DarkTenshi90

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 9:27 pm Reply with quote
.... Wolf's Rain... Cowboy Bebop... Naruto spoiler[when Sandaime dies *sobs* ] Trigun spoiler[Wolfwood's death was as well, very depressing. ] And Azumanga Daioh. I think I was crying because I was just so sad to see it end. Crying or Very sad
Advent_Nebula

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 9:38 pm Reply with quote
Efan wrote:

In Elfen Lied spoiler[when someone came to the door and the clock chimmed, it made me cry because it made me believe it was Lucy- guess we'll never know Sad]

Read the Manga,spoiler[It is Lucy.]
dgreater1

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 9:41 pm Reply with quote
I've post these anime on the "Trying not to cry" too, but I'll post it again for you to remember :p. Anyway, I didn't go "Waaaaa!", more like it just made my tears flow uncontrollably.

Air TV - Like I said before, made me cry 2 times spoiler[I cried at the "Mama" scene at the beach with Misuzu, Haruko and Misuzu's real father (it was a really happy reunion), I also cried at the GOAL scene, specially when "Aozora" was playing]

Full Moon wo Sagashite - spoiler[When Mitsuki found out that Eichi was already dead... I cried becoz I can't bear watching someone who had become special to me suffer like that]

3x3 Eyes - spoiler[When Howashio bids farewell to Yakumo during their fight with Benares.]
Efan

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 9:44 pm Reply with quote
Advent_Nebula wrote:
Efan wrote:

Read the Manga,spoiler[It is Lucy.]

I kinda figured that... but i liked not knowing for sure Sad ohh well.
Zalis116

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 6:56 pm Reply with quote
Well, I was going to ignore this post as a duplicate thread (and "leave the moderating to the moderators," lol), but I'll throw a few answers:

Air TV: Same scenes as other people have said, but also spoiler[in episode 6, when we discover that Michiru is really a spirit and she says her goodbyes. The translator's notes said "Get out the tissues for this episode," and they were right.]

Fruits Basket: I've commented on this several times: there's episode 8, and also 26, where spoiler[I don't know if I have psychological lack of acceptance or something, but those scenes with Kyo and Tohru by the lake get me every time.]

Full Moon wo Sagashite: Same scene as dgreater mentioned. Also the end.

And lastly, Kimi ga Nozomu Eien: many tears to be had, but the most had to be in spoiler[the last episode, when Haruka reads that story to Takayuki as a method of breaking up. And I so wanted those two to get together again. Guess that shows the show's message of moving on into adulthood.]
--I have to say, that KgNE is probably the most romantic anime based on a hentai game that you'll ever see.
IchigoK90

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 7:35 pm Reply with quote
Another anime that made me cry uncontrollably was the first episode the dubbed version of Naruto. Now lemme explain:

Right when it started when they showed the "new" opening theme I started to cry because I thought that if they made a change like that the rest of the show wouldn't be worth watching. I ended up stomaching the entire episode and found it enjoyable though I started to cry during that scene with spoiler[Iruka using his body to protect Naruto] (though I also cried during that scene in the original dub) but after that I stopped.............. until the show ended with another "new" ending and I started to cry again.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
marie-antoinette

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 8:10 pm Reply with quote
DarkTenshi90 wrote:
And Azumanga Daioh. I think I was crying because I was just so sad to see it end. Crying or Very sad

Yeah, I cried in Azumanga Daioh, but it wasn't quite the same as in the others...reminded me of high school graduation and stuff.
ShinobiX

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 2:59 pm Reply with quote
IchigoK90 wrote:
First of all DKL and ShinobiX are gonna be all over on me for making another "Out of the Box thread" and so they can say all they want (though this doesn't mean I am offended by them). Second, this is not like the "Most touching anime" thread nor is it the "Trying not to cry" thread. This is the thread that asks what anime if any have made you cry uncontrollably. For me anime that have mad me cry uncontrollably are:

Dam right I am. Answer to your question; No. Never cried in my life unless I was physically hurt, but I do remember crying once in 5th grade next to the garbage can in the class, but that's another story. Also, are you all sissies? How the hell can you cry because someone dies or the opening of the song is different, and someone came to open the door. These are the most pathetic reasons I ever heard of to make a person cry. Why:
Elfen Lied: Nothing in that show should make you cry except the killing. I wouldn't because I enjoy that part (violence). opening the door? You gotta come up with a better reason that that.
All The Other Shows: Someone breaks up or get reunited with a family member. O.K. Your emotion levels must be extremely high.
Naruto:Theme song. Wow.
Samurai X: Reflection:All the killing and you choose to cry because one girl dies. I know it's his wife, but what do you expect. A gentle wife married to a Notorious killer. Of course she's going to die.

Why Make another useless thread that will get probably get over 50 posts (sometimes because of what I say) when this thread relates to another one?
SnowfairyX

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 5:16 pm Reply with quote
ShinobiX wrote:
IchigoK90 wrote:

Dam right I am. Answer to your question; No. Never cried in my life unless I was physically hurt, but I do remember crying once in 5th grade next to the garbage can in the class, but that's another story. Also, are you all sissies?

There is no need to insult people here. I might have a little bit of the same opinion as you personally as well, but you should really keep those insulting comments to yourself. There isn't anything wrong with feeling emotions.

Personally, I haven't cried yet from watching anime, but I have cried when I was a kid from watching stuff that I considered sad at that age. An anime that almost made me cry is Voices of a Distant Star and some others such as Elfen Lied, but I haven't finished collecting and watching this series yet, so I don't know if it truly has that potential to make me cry. Nowadays, it's nearly impossible for anything to make me shed a single tear unless a relative I know very well dies or I go blind and deaf so I can't watch or experience anime anymore Anime cry.

ShinobiX wrote:
How the hell can you cry because someone dies or the opening of the song is different, and someone came to open the door. These are the most pathetic reasons I ever heard of to make a person cry.

Someone dying is a perfectly good reason to cry if it's a character that is likeable enough and/or has enough character development. You seem to imply that you wouldn't even be the least bit sad if you're favorite character in an anime dies. If you can't feel any emotions, I really don't know how you can enjoy anime or any other media.

If you take "spoiler[the opening of the door]" part out of context, it really does sound kind of ridiculous Wink, but I have yet to watch spoiler[Elfen Lied in full so I really don't know for sure.] As for crying because of the opening of a song, that's a bit unusual Anime smile + sweatdrop.
milcor1

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 5:28 pm Reply with quote
Goodness, what the hell would happen to you people if you watched something like Schindler's List.
SnowfairyX

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 6:08 pm Reply with quote
milcor1 wrote:
Goodness, what the hell would happen to you people if you watched something like Schindler's List.

You actually cried in that movie? You're such a sissy! Laughing It was still a pretty good movie, though it didn't really make me feel very sad. The anime movie Grave of the Fireflies didn't really do it for me either even though it seems the majority thinks that it is sad.
dgreater1

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 6:08 pm Reply with quote
milcor1 wrote:

Seen it, but the thing is, I didn't felt sad at all. I felt angry towards those people who maltreated those prisoners of war. There aren't any character there that I really liked so I only felt pity to those victims.

ShinobiX wrote:
All The Other Shows: Someone breaks up or get reunited with a family member. O.K. Your emotion levels must be extremely high.

Not extremely high, just high. You'll understand if you'll notice the seiyuu's performance on that part, it really draws in the atmosphere of a happy tearful reunion.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4