• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
[Manga] phone application: MANHWA

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
poodlefriend

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:27 am Reply with quote
I want to suggest the new phone application that I have recently found called “ManHwa”.
They have lots of popular Korean comics in various genres so I think it would be a very useful app to check out for everyone interested in reading comic books!!

During the first usage, I realized that it kind of took a long time when it was loading but it seems to work fine after the app completes loading for the first time. I’m guessing the app takes a bit to launch all the comic books.

I really like how the app is set up and organized. Each comic come with a brief description and couple preview pages prior to downloading the full version. I think the best part is that the app is free and some of the comic books are also free to download.

For those of you who are familiar and interested in K-POP and Korean entertainment, I noticed that a lot of the famous korean movies and dramas, like Moss and Full House, were in this app as comics.

I did not have much problem on my IPad but I thought the pictures and writings could be slightly too small to view on IPhone for some people. However, the app has a “cut view” to enlarge each cut which is very useful!!!

Oh! And I also found out that you can set up the language setting to Korean and read them in Korean.

"MANHWA” Application is definitely worth checking out if you want some high-quality comic selections. I highly recommend!!!! Have fun!

To Download, search for MANHWA on your phone.
Key

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:56 am Reply with quote
I am allowing this through for the moment because I'm not clear if this app is for legitimate or scanlation content. If it turns out to be the latter (and someone please post a response in this thread about it if you do find it to be so) then this thread will be removed.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
st_owly

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:02 am Reply with quote
I downloaded it, and so far it seems to be legitimate.
vashna

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:30 am Reply with quote
I've mentioned a few times before that I don't use cellular mobile devices, though I do own a Barnes and Noble Nook ereader. st_owly, if you don't mind me asking, is there any way that I could run this sort of thing on stand-alone PC hardware? Maybe there is an individual website that offers content? I got rather excited when I heard it might be legitimate.
st_owly

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:54 am Reply with quote
vashna wrote:
I've mentioned a few times before that I don't use cellular mobile devices, though I do own a Barnes and Noble Nook ereader. st_owly, if you don't mind me asking, is there any way that I could run this sort of thing on stand-alone PC hardware? Maybe there is an individual website that offers content? I got rather excited when I heard it might be legitimate.

I'll have a look and get back to you. There is an associated website as well. I think it's koreanmanhwa.com
vashna

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 4:50 am Reply with quote
Thank you. So this is connected to Udon Entertainment then? I really like the way Viz does things. I've purchased a few electronic volumes of Dragon Ball and Bleach from them, after running into serious disappointment with the fact that I can't read those series purchased from Barnes and Noble on my regular MyWifi series Nook eReader. Viz just lets me read the books right online with my browser.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1