• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Cheering yourself up after finishing an anime....

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
daftkid909

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 10:08 pm Reply with quote
I just finished watching "Please Teacher", and like every anime I finish, I get depressed, saddened, or very emotional because of the ending but, hey, I'm still neww anime....very new.

So when you guys get this feeling, what do you do to raise your spirits?

As for me, I watch some animes on Anime Network on Demand (comedies only; like FMP Fumuff (sp?) and Excel Saga) and that does the trick....for a moment.... Crying or Very sad
TF

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 5:39 am Reply with quote
well, i finished watching RahXephon yesterday and feeling the same way as you.
Just one thing i do to fix it, watch other shows
Efan

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 6:53 am Reply with quote
Haha, i feel the same way too, thats why i always watch more then one anime at a time so when i finish one i can watch the other one Very Happy
There is no World

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 7:18 am Reply with quote
How coudld you find the endinng to Please Teacher sad??? I mean, spoiler[they live "happily ever after".... you could say it was sad when sne left... and didn't come back... But not at the end, when it was all "hunky dory".]
Joe anime

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 9:06 am Reply with quote
When i finish an anime,sometimes i look it again and then look at
a new anime series.
Annie_Jr

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 9:39 am Reply with quote
Probably the only anime that made me feel depressed after I watched it was His and Her Circumstances the ending spoiler[I think would've been better at episode 24, then 25 was just an episode to let you get to know Yukino's sisters Kano and Tsuki. Then 26 mainly focused on Tonomi and Sakura, and I'm sad to say that it ended that way too -- with Sakura and Tonomi, not Yukino and Arima. It left me thinking, will their be a sequel? Does the manga continue the story? Because, I was quite looking forward to the play they were gonna put on.]
Arkard

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 10:06 am Reply with quote
Well I just finished watching Cowboy Bebop for the n-th time. The impact was much lighter than during the first session but still made me sad. How I overcome it?
I really felt connectrd to the characters. I sort of fooled my mind that they were real. One of the methods to cure this is trying to remind yourself that this is all fiction. But that doesn`t work all the time. It just makes you more sad. The best thing to do is find good things about it. As I see it in CB: spoiler[Spike was a wanderer... and in death he can find peace.. and MAYBE Julia.]
The third method is to watch other series... or just give yourself time. The hurting will go away sooner or later Razz (man that sounded lame... oh well).
daftkid909

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 3:46 pm Reply with quote
There is no World wrote:
How coudld you find the endinng to Please Teacher sad??? I mean, spoiler[they live "happily ever after".... you could say it was sad when sne left... and didn't come back... But not at the end, when it was all "hunky dory".]

It was more of a "A beautiful ending" joy rather then sadness.
IchigoK90

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 4:22 pm Reply with quote
There is no World wrote:

Or maybe he is just sad because the series ended and he wants to see more of their adventures. Thats how I felt after watchin samurai deeper kyo but thats because i was disappointed with the ending.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
msi435

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 12:47 am Reply with quote
Annie_Jr wrote:
Probably the only anime that made me feel depressed after I watched it was His and Her Circumstances the ending spoiler[I think would've been better at episode 24, then 25 was just an episode to let you get to know Yukino's sisters Kano and Tsuki. Then 26 mainly focused on Tonomi and Sakura, and I'm sad to say that it ended that way too -- with Sakura and Tonomi, not Yukino and Arima. It left me thinking, will their be a sequel? Does the manga continue the story? Because, I was quite looking forward to the play they were gonna put on.]

Dude i was ready to kill some one when i saw the end of Kare Kano. Point in case.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 1:12 am Reply with quote
I like to play a video game or watch something funny to get my mind off those kinds of things. I recently started getting into Family Guy, and that good mix of adult-oriented comedy, satire, and slapstick literally make me laugh my troubles away.

The Simpsons might work too, but I like Family Guy for it's more mature atmosphere.
Insane E

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 4:49 am Reply with quote
I just move on to the next series.
If I would for some reason don't have a new series lined up I just fall back on something I have seen before and can just let go when the next new one comes along.
Monumension

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 10:52 am Reply with quote
After finishing an anime (or a manga) I go for a looooong walk, just to think it over. I felt End of Evangelion had a very depressing ending, but I didn't feel depressed afterwards, far from it. I was glad I had seen the whole thing and I went out and replayed the whole show in my head.

It may sound strange, but if I feel saddened because of anime, manga, movies etc. then I'm thrilled at the same time. Emotions are such an unusual thing in today's media so I love it if I find something really harrowing. I think being touched by anime is healthy, it's proof you're not completely desensitized and still human.
Saga-san

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 4:12 pm Reply with quote
hm, when I finish an Anime, which is very sad or something in this way I feel and have my emotions to it, yes... and when I want to forget this feelings, I watch another Animes *lol* (Mangas too xD)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger ICQ Number
.Sy

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 7:08 pm Reply with quote
If I finish an anime I'm sad about, maybe because the ending wasn't complete, or because it actually was sad, I think hanging with a friend cheers me up the best. I feel better if I socialize with someone, and maybe discuss the anime with him or her. There are also so many titles fans have called masterpieces that I haven't watched, so I actually end up depressed sometimes just because I haven't watched all those shows.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2