• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Live action Big O? (Yes or No?)

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
R.G.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 1:02 pm Reply with quote
How does anyone feel about a live action version of Big O?

Who would you cast as Roger Smith,R. Dorothy Wainright,Dan Dastun,Angel,etc.?
one3rd

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 1:21 pm Reply with quote
I think ANN usually discourages "fantasy cast" threads.
ShellBullet

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 1:40 pm Reply with quote
While "fantasy cast" threads can be tedious, I have in the past thought that a Big O movie could turn out quite well. It would be interesting to see Hollywood do a philosophical movie for once, at the same time being able to throw in some nice special effects.

As far as cast goes; one actor comes to mind for the role of Roger Smith - Christian Bale. He did a good job playing Bruce Wayne this summer and anyone who can play Wayne can play Smith. We can certainly do without Katie Holms as the love interest; so we still need actresses for R. Dorothy and Angel. I'll leave those picks to someone else.
Onmyoji

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 5:45 pm Reply with quote
yeah, it could be done with the right people working on the project, Most of the feel of the Big O is very similar to Batman so the guy who directed Batman:Begins could pull off a very good Big O movie IMO.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Starwind Amada

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 5:57 pm Reply with quote
Onmyoji wrote:
yeah, it could be done with the right people working on the project, Most of the feel of the Big O is very similar to Batman so the guy who directed Batman:Begins could pull off a very good Big O movie IMO.

Christopher Nolan's THE BIG O

Ya know, it could work. Cool
Nagisa

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 8:53 pm Reply with quote
one3rd wrote:
I think ANN usually discourages "fantasy cast" threads.

Usually we do. But the posts in this one so far (aside from the first) have been surprisingly well-done, so I'll let it live for now.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Bruce Lee

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 11:15 pm Reply with quote
I'd never thought of a LA Big O before, but now that I do, I'm sure it'd be pretty sweet if done correctly.

For Roger Smith, I think Christian Bale would be a fine choice. I can't really think of anybody better. Maybe a more charming George Clooney - I could see him as a negotiator.

Angel would have to be somebody like Uma Thurman. She can pull off fiesty blonde, sexy and adventurous like no other. Maybe a blonde Jessica Alba, but I've yet to see her with as much spunk as I feel Angel's actress would need. That's why Uma came into my head first.

Dorothy is a hard cast, as all the young female actors are pop-idol-ly. I mean, you wouldn't want to cast just any Hillary Duff or <insert random teen here>. The best I can come up with is Scarlet Johanson. She was pretty close as far as the look woud go (minus rebelious teen attire - I'm talking face wise) in that movie about the SAT test. (obviously it was a memorable one Wink ).

Bruce Willis would be my best choice for Datsun, but he may be a bit old. He's got the gruff, grizzled, "vetran on the force" thing down pat.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1