• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Shonen Jump Alpha PC Download

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
generalkorn12

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 5:00 am Reply with quote
Hi,

I'm just wondering if anyone knew where to download the Shonen Jump Alpha App for the PC, I read on the FAQ that there IS one, but cant seem to find it.

I've looked on this link, http://www.viz.com/apps, and pressed on Web Browsers but there's no actual download for PC or anything like that.

Does anyone know how to get it? Question
vashna

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:23 am Reply with quote
I actually asked a similar question before, and I haven't received a response yet. If anyone has succeeded in getting an official Viz software application to run on their PC, I would love to hear about it. I want to purchase some online manga from them, but I don't own a mobile device beyond a Barnes and Noble Nook.
Nobuyuki

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:57 am Reply with quote
I don't think there's a PC "app", you just use your web browser. Probably loads some kind of extension or add-on for subscription control.
vashna

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:28 pm Reply with quote
I'm currently on an extremely slow Internet connection, but that should be replaced shortly. As soon as it is, I'll have a look. I wonder if it's flashed-based, in the same way that the Sig Ikki and preview websites are. I remember the actual Shonen Jump World Portal website requires the use of a special stand-alone application, but it doesn't work badly at all. That is the page at:

http://www.shonenjump.com/e/mangaonline/index.html
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1