• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation Announces Ōkami-san & Her Seven Companions Dub Cast

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aura Ichadora

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:43 am Reply with quote
Admittedly, this is one of Funi's weakest trailers. The only exposure I've had to this series so far have been random AMVs that I've come across, which in them the animation did peak my interest. However, with coming in essentially cold and preferring dubs over subs 90% of the time when watching new series...well, as much as I love Luci Christian, I prefer hearing a little more of the dub cast over just one particular voice.

But I'll still check out the dub when/if Funimation posts an episode or two.
TheAncientOne

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:34 am Reply with quote
Rime of the Ancient Otaku wrote:
So, does this mean Luci Christian is a sure-in as Kuroko Shirai, and Brina Palencia is the Railgun if/when A Certain Series of Shows get liscnesed? Wink

I think you mean when they get dubbed or released, as they were licensed back in July 2010:
animenewsnetwork.com/news/2010-07-02/funi-adds-live-action-moyashimon
zensunni

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:06 am Reply with quote
I really enjoyed that show when I watched it the first time and Brina is the perfect choice for Ookami-san! I will probably either buy it or get a Funi elite membership for a month or two to watch it when it is available...
Echo_City

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:08 pm Reply with quote
Seriously, Brina Palencia is playing the main character, an uppity and borderline himedere wolf girl with a child-like body? I never would have expected that (sarcasm). Talk about typecasting, but at least IMO she does the role well.

So the marketing angle here is: "If you liked Holo from Spice and Wolf but want to see her without mediation by better characters and a reasonable plot."?

So for someone such as myself, who thought that Holo was a borderline loli b*tch and a great detriment to Spice and Wolf need not apply?

I'll give it a chance for the dub, but I also would have preferred a trailer that has more than just Luci Christian in it. She's just not selling me on the dub alone (She ain't no "explosions sauce").
Konopan

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:41 pm Reply with quote
Wonder how they'll handle the Toradora cameos. Wait, no I don't.
As much as I don't dislike this show, I'm still wondering how it's expected to sell much of anything, given a two-year gap, and being a sort of bland fluffy reference-comedy show in the first place.

Echo_City wrote:
So for someone such as myself, who thought that Holo was a borderline loli b*tch and a great detriment to Spice and Wolf need not apply?

Woooah, get a load of this guy.
Xanas

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:19 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, I couldn't disagree with "this guy" more...
ArsenicSteel

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:50 pm Reply with quote
"This guy" can save spare us some pain by avoiding any anime that has high school age girls. Holo a loli? Not even close.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2