• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Kishimoto's brother?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaTreehunter

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 2:07 pm Reply with quote
In volume 7 of Naruto kishimoto said that he has a twin brother that likes to draw, well what happened to him? Is he a mangaka too or did he fail at it or give up?
Dranxis

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 2:23 pm Reply with quote
Yes, actually he is. I don't know if his works are any good, but supposedly he has one manga running monthly in Shonen Gangan called "666 Satan." I've heard it's alot like Naruto, though. Anime smile;;
Aromatic Grass

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 10:29 pm Reply with quote
Dranxis wrote:
Yes, actually he is. I don't know if his works are any good, but supposedly he has one manga running monthly in Shonen Gangan called "666 Satan." I've heard it's alot like Naruto, though. Anime smile;;

It's pretty decent. (Of course, I like the whole Revelations thing.) The story is more like Dragon Ball than Naruto, but the art is more similar to that of Naruto's. I want to see 666 Satan come out in the U.S. (although it looks more like the kind of manga that doesn't come out unless it becomes really popular).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
.Sy

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 5:03 pm Reply with quote
Nah, 666 Satan coming anywhere out of Eastern Asia is going to be unlikely. I read the manga, and the art is freakishly similar to Naruto. It isn't bad though, but not really that great either. It's about a kid who wants to take over the world. A lot about the main character is similar to Naruto. Where Naruto is possesed by a demon fox, the main character (I can't remember his name) of 666 Satan is possesed by-you guessed it-the devil. People have always shunned him (another similarity), and he wants to take over the world for revenge. He picks up a friend named Ruby, and she reminds me of...Sakura. Neutral It not bad, but it's chances of making it here are slim.
Aromatic Grass

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 7:14 pm Reply with quote
.Sy wrote:
Nah, 666 Satan coming anywhere out of Eastern Asia is going to be unlikely. I read the manga, and the art is freakishly similar to Naruto. It isn't bad though, but not really that great either.

Kishimoto S. said at the beginning that people criticized his work for being too similar to Naruto. He said what you would expect: that he and his brother were influenced by the same things. I also think it's unlikely to come out here, but I'm hoping for it. Anime smile + sweatdrop

.Sy wrote:
He picks up a friend named Ruby, and she reminds me of...Sakura. Neutral

Ruby reminds me more of Bulma, but she does have some Sakura in her.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
.Sy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 2:55 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Kishimoto S. said at the beginning that people criticized his work for being too similar to Naruto.
Yeah, I do remeber that part. His work is similar, but not plagiarism. I think it's kind of a shame people jump so easily. Narutards...
outlawwolf

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 4:40 pm Reply with quote
It's pretty damn good but I don't know how it's going to get here. I'm pretty sure that the whole Satan is the good guy portion of the story is going to flow very well with people.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1