• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Who is the voice in the opening of Cowboy Bebop?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
totalgeek

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 5:53 am Reply with quote
Last night while I was watching Cowboy Bebop for the 200th time on Adult Swim I started to wonder whose voice is featured in the opening theme?

It sounds like Spike's (Steven Blum's) voice. But that made me wonder if the Japanese Version had the Japanese Spike's voice over the intro? Somehow it wouldn't make sense to me, if I were Japanese, to have the English VA doing the voice on the intro. Especially since the series was shown in Japan a few years before it hit America. If the voice ISN'T Steven Blum's then whose voice is it?

Just curious.
Nagisa

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 7:59 am Reply with quote
It's simply some member of The Seatbelts. None of the voice actors, just one of the band.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
omnistry

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 8:04 am Reply with quote
I believe that it's Tim Jensen's voice; who writes a lot of the English lyrics for Yoko's work. On the back of the first OST, he's listed as "voices"; so that's probably him.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1