• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
the seatbelts

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BoygetsfireD

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 1:09 pm Reply with quote
Are The Seatbelts Yoko Kannos normal band (do they write stuff other than for Cowboy Bebop, do they play shows?), or are they solely for Cowboy Bebop?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Kazuki-san

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 2:25 pm Reply with quote
IIRC, Kanno formed the Seatbelts specifically for Bebop, but parts or individuals of the group do work with her on other projects from time to time.
BoygetsfireD

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 10:00 pm Reply with quote
cool, thanks Anime smile
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 2:03 am Reply with quote
Kazuki-san wrote:
but parts or individuals of the group do work with her on other projects from time to time.

Not to mention at least one of them does their own stuff as well. I can't recommend Tsuneo Imahori enough for his work in Trigun, Gungrave, and Hajime no Ippo.

It's sort of like they (Kanno, Seatbelts, and Imahori) have their own little circle of artists/composers/singers that like to help out on one another's musical scores here and there, which is a great connection to have, in my opinon Anime smile.
BoygetsfireD

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 10:41 pm Reply with quote
Tony K. wrote:
It's sort of like they (Kanno, Seatbelts, and Imahori) have their own little circle of artists/composers/singers that like to help out on one another's musical scores here and there, which is a great connection to have, in my opinon Anime smile.
That makes sense. this is the music business we're talking about, here Anime smile
Kazuki-san

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 11:05 pm Reply with quote
Tony K. wrote:

which is a great connection to have, in my opinon Anime smile.

True, so long as the circle consists of good artists, which it certainly does in this case.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1