• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
does anyone think that there should be an anime channel

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dragon13888

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 3:31 pm Reply with quote
i really want a channel totally dedicated to anime nothin but anime because they have a video game channel why not a anime channel that is on like midco and others like that

Last edited by dragon13888 on Fri Aug 12, 2005 3:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
KohonaShinobi

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 3:33 pm Reply with quote
They do......its called........wait for it....................................................................................................................the anime network......
dragon13888

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 3:36 pm Reply with quote
hey i didn't know ok i don't get that channel and never have
shadow_guyver

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 3:58 pm Reply with quote
dragon, there's a recent thread on the Anime Network on this very forum. As of this post it's still on the front page of the forum. Also, I'm sure a little research on the topic would have told you.

That having been said, KonohaShinobi, you could have been nicer. dragon is pretty new to the forum.
dgreater1

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 4:55 pm Reply with quote
Before, I was thinking of that. I'm not thinking of that now because it came true. Here in Philippines there's a channel called Animax and all the shows aired in it are Anime Laughing Laughing Laughing
hagakure|returns

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 5:02 pm Reply with quote
dragon13888 wrote:

And you probably never will.
Aromatic Grass

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 5:22 pm Reply with quote
hagakure|returns wrote:
dragon13888 wrote:

And you probably never will.

Unless they make it so you don't have to pay for it later on.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DKL

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 6:46 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, ANIMAX back in the Philippines was awesome...

Lot's of watching got done, best part though is that a lot of shows that aren't licensed here *like TWIN SPICA or something*

were aired on the channel...

when I look back on it, the Philippines had a TON of anime on TV, even the local channels carried some

As for here...

Well, it's TAN, on demand and whatever else you can scrape off the TV *there's a decent amount I guess*

But really, it's all about the DVDs out here it seems...

errr... which is GREAT for me of course, I couldn't get a hold of ANY legit anime DVDs back at home, so this is like a god-send for me

... much better than recording stuff on my VCR Laughing
naruto01

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 8:25 am Reply with quote
yup here in philippines, there is an animax chanell pure anime, anime like ghost in the shell, haibane renmei, wolf's rain, GTO, etc. and also local chanells they also air some anime like samurai x, Yuyu hakushu, Naruto, Slam dunk, etc. and they are dubbed as tagalog (our local language). And you can buy Pirated DVDs here for 1$-1.50$ with the same quality of an original DVD. Anime smile
Starwind Amada

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 8:27 am Reply with quote
naruto01 wrote:
yup here in philippines, there is an animax chanell pure anime, anime like ghost in the shell, haibane renmei, wolf's rain, GTO, etc. and also local chanells they also air some anime like samurai x, Yuyu hakushu, Naruto, Slam dunk, etc. and they are dubbed as tagalog (our local language). And you can buy Pirated DVDs here for 1$-1.50$ with the same quality of an original DVD. Anime smile

Great job, buddy. Continue to buy your illegal garbage and announce it to everyone.

And there's no way your little bootlegs can have the quality of a much superior LEGIT R1 DVD (or even an R2 from Japan).
naruto01

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 10:32 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Great job, buddy. Continue to buy your illegal garbage and announce it to everyone.

everyone here buys pirated dvds and vcds , sorry for that then...

Last edited by naruto01 on Sat Aug 13, 2005 1:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
dragon13888

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 12:14 pm Reply with quote
Ok i am sorry for that topic i just didn't think that people would take this so hard and i am sorry.
Starwind Amada

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 1:10 pm Reply with quote
naruto01 wrote:

The only people here that get pirated material are you and Ohoni. And next time you quote me, use the quote tags instead of copying and pasting without even posting my name.
dgreater1

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 1:35 pm Reply with quote
Starwind Amada wrote:
naruto01 wrote:

The only people here that get pirated material are you and Ohoni. And next time you quote me, use the quote tags instead of copying and pasting without even posting my name.

Not entirely true, I mean, most people here has/have/got illegal stuffs. I'm not denying that I'm one of them. But naruto was wrong in announcing that you can get a pirated DVD anime here in Philippines (the licensed and origs are very very hard to find here). To tell the truth, like I said before, we're living in a very corrupt country so it's like "syouganai" "it can't be help" "walang maga-gawa", but of course, if there's an orig licensed (not a copy) version lying in front of me, I wouldn't hesistate to take it Anime smile I mean, it's very rare to stumble upon licensed show here Crying or Very sad
DKL

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 2:27 pm Reply with quote
naruto01 wrote:
And you can buy Pirated DVDs here for 1$-1.50$ with the same quality of an original DVD. Anime smile

Umm... yeah, I have to back STARWIND up *er... I'm not getting pissed off or anything*

Orignal DVDs do indeed have vastly superior quality... I'm very sure of it now

ANYWAY, my take on the whole thing is...

Well, I lived in the Philippines for about 11-12 years up until finally moving out here in May of this year...

I have to admit, I was fooled into buying the HK bootlegs *Well, most people have apparently*

But outside of that, I didn't really get a lot of Pirated merchandise...

the only reason I even bought would be because the shop lady at COMIC QUEST would like, beg me and crap everytime I go and buy my weekly manga since she keeps saying that she doesn't have money for food... *2rats anyone?*

but I can only count it with my fingers, and have already rebought almost everything that I had on bootleg

*er... that I knew of... I still have a little more to go with the stuff I was fooled into buying... about 3-4 series for that, but the sin might stay with me since I'm not willing to re-buy some of it... but I have to eventually... I'll feel bad*

Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust is the only thing left *for the stuff I knew of*... well, and FMoS if it ever get's licensed *dammit, I'm screwed*

But for the longest time, I can at least say that I stayed off the stuff... There was more than enough on TV, so I didn't see a reason to buy the bootlegged stuff... I spent all my money on games and manga anyway *err, original video games of course (GAMECUBE)... I started at 75$, but found a place that finally got it down to 54$... damn, I used a lot of money on games Confused

... I sold almost all of it though when I got out here so I could use it to buy anime DVDs Laughing *

The situation in the Philippines is... well, people have more than enough stuff to worry about other than ANIME *I mean, some people don't even eat*, although, considering my discipline, I can at least say that it is VERY possible to not buy A TON bootlegs or watch ANY fansubs that you'll never make up for since there really is more than enough on TV...

Only problem then is if you're too damn picky and don't enjoy the ENGLISH and FILIPINO dubs *I sure as hell enjoyed the vast majority of it... I still have ANIMAX dubs and Cardcaptor Sakura in Filipino on tape with me right now*

BUT, I think you'd have to shoot yourself in the foot though if you claim elitism in the place when you don't have the original merchandise to back it up

I HATED that
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3