• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
the anime network

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shako

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 8:12 pm Reply with quote
I was wondering if anyone knew if direct tv was ganna get the anime network and if anyone knew what tv services do have it.
sx_aino

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 8:15 pm Reply with quote
shako wrote:
I was wondering if anyone knew if direct tv was ganna get the anime network and if anyone knew what tv services do have it.
yes they are going to have the anime channel. The channel will be on cartoon network and many more bye Razz
shako

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 9:25 pm Reply with quote
Do you mean it's going to be on direct tv or cartoonnetwork?
Ataru

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 9:56 pm Reply with quote
Nope, no word on either side, but Anime Network is still saying that are working on a "deal". Other then that, CN, G4, broadcast (Fox, WB), or Action.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
emory

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 10:00 pm Reply with quote
You'll find a bunch of cable services with the VOD selections such as Comcast, but not as many with the linear version. Neither are on satellite TV.
Starwind Amada

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 10:02 am Reply with quote
sx_aino wrote:
shako wrote:
yes they are going to have the anime channel. The channel will be on cartoon network and many more bye Razz

Don't listen to this spammer. How can a channel be added to a channel? This guy is clearly a troll who thinks he's cool. Notice how he gets the network's name wrong.

Anyway, I don't know if DirecTV will get it, but I'd imagine they'd at least get the VOD version. Most carriers (including RCN, which I have) carry the VOD version, but I think the only one carrying the 24-7 version is Gold Communications or something like that.

Ataru wrote:
Nope, no word on either side, but Anime Network is still saying that are working on a "deal". Other than that, CN, G4, broadcast (Fox, WB), or Action.

He asked if his cable company would be picking up The Anime Network, not where he can watch anime. There's another thread for that.
x_ekibyougami_x

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 11:55 am Reply with quote
I know that in Canada on Rogers Digital Cable there is an anime network but it is in a section called On Demand and you have to pay for each show individually. Furthermore, there isn't much to choose from and it gets expensive. But I have heard rumours of an actual Channel available to satelite or digital cable or something for anime. I cannot wait!
Number Six

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 12:00 pm Reply with quote
Starwind Amada wrote:

He asked if his cable company would be picking up The Anime Network, [...]

Actually, shako asked if his satellite company would be picking it up. Satellite means no VOD, its the linear channel or nothing. There is a rumor floating around the Net that it will start this fall on DirecTV, but so far no official confirmation.
Starwind Amada

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 12:10 pm Reply with quote
x_ekibyougami_x wrote:
I know that in Canada on Rogers Digital Cable there is an anime network but it is in a section called On Demand and you have to pay for each show individually. Furthermore, there isn't much to choose from and it gets expensive. But I have heard rumours of an actual Channel available to satelite or digital cable or something for anime. I cannot wait!

The Anime Network on Demand is free, but you probably mean something else, because TAN only operates in the US.
Ataru

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 1:32 pm Reply with quote
Number Six wrote:
There is a rumor floating around the Net that it will start this fall on DirecTV, but so far no official confirmation.
Rumors, of course, not always true. I did ask DirecTV a few months ago about it, and they said they are "looking in to it". To say the less, either it'll fall under Pay-per-view, high end standard, like Boomrang, or movie channel, like HBO. Need the less, they haven't said that they will add it, yet. I'm sure either DirecTV or AN will put out the word if they do deicde to carry it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Number Six

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 2:42 pm Reply with quote
Ataru wrote:
Rumors, of course, not always true. I did ask DirecTV a few months ago about it, and they said they are "looking in to it". To say the less, either it'll fall under Pay-per-view, high end standard, like Boomrang, or movie channel, like HBO. Need the less, they haven't said that they will add it, yet. I'm sure either DirecTV or AN will put out the word if they do deicde to carry it.

I highly doubt it will show up on PPV. DirecTV has bigger fish to fry with its channels than devoting a bunch to TAN (things like local channels and High Definition programming). I also can't see TAN going on to its own premium channel like HBO or Showtime. Frankly, I just don't think the demand would warrant it being a premium channel.
Ataru

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 7:22 pm Reply with quote
Number Six wrote:
I highly doubt it will show up on PPV. DirecTV has bigger fish to fry with its channels than devoting a bunch to TAN (things like local channels and High Definition programming). I also can't see TAN going on to its own premium channel like HBO or Showtime. Frankly, I just don't think the demand would warrant it being a premium channel.
I won't put it past them to put it on PPV or premium. But the chances that it'll be standard, even high standard broadcast, is pretty friggn' low.
x_ekibyougami_x

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 11:51 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
The Anime Network on Demand is free, but you probably mean something else, because TAN only operates in the US.

It isn't The Anime Network. It is just a anime network. And for some stupid reason you have to pay about $4 or more for each episode. Unless you want to watch it on YTV, but all that they have that hasn't been edited the heck out of is InuYasha, .Hack//SIGN and they are getting Naruto in the fall. When they originally put InuYasha on, they tried editing it. They took out a few parts with the centipede woman so it looked like she magically lost an arm and edited any 'foul' language. It just looked odd.
But then they re-aired the first few shows and everything was fine! And we had all of Witch Hunter Robin as well. But all of these shows are on later at night so the poor little kiddies won't be disturbed by thinking that they are watching their squeaky clean version of Yu-Gi-Oh and end up seeing InuYasha choping some demons head off. That would all be fixed if it was on it's own channel!
We don't even have as much as you do on The Cartoon Network! It's not fair. We do most of the translating and subbing (in Vancouver!) and then the Americans get it first. Heh... Sorry about the bitterness.
This is why I am waiting desperately for a REAL anime channel an not the order-in phoney one that we have.
And I thought that you guys already had an Anime Network? I swear that I read that somewhere.[/quote]
Starwind Amada

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 9:56 am Reply with quote
Funny thing is that many people seem to think Ocean is a group of AMERICAN voice actors. Someone at Anime Boston actually asked Scott McNeil if he thinks Canada sucks.
KohonaShinobi

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 11:06 am Reply with quote
lol, yeah, I actually know a couple of the DBZ crew (they have nephews that are my customers).
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2