• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Tsubasa

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zepkox

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 4:33 am Reply with quote
Hey guys!
What do you guys think of the new Anime series Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle?

Personally, I think the Manga is better. (although I still don't really like the drawing style) But the storyline is great.
I think the first few episodes of the Anime was quite boring and they added all these useless parts, which made it quite boring.

But overall, I still really like Tsubasa. It's awesome! Very Happy

What do you guys think???
Criminalist

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 4:38 am Reply with quote
Well for starters a true anime person never compares the manga to the anime cause the manga is Clamps true version their idea of the story, the way they really want to tell it. The anime on the other hand is made for an open audience. Its for fans and for newbies as well. SO basically comparing the manga to the series is like comparing apples and pineapples, never the same.

and I like both.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
kkkd

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 6:00 am Reply with quote
Hoho,I am hooked on Tsubasa this moment.
This anime's music is so good.(especially the song "a song of storm and fire",it is so great...)

Wow,I had already watched ep.17 yesterday.
littlegreenwolf

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 8:34 am Reply with quote
Criminalist wrote:
Well for starters a true anime person never compares the manga to the anime cause the manga is Clamps true version their idea of the story, the way they really want to tell it. The anime on the other hand is made for an open audience. Its for fans and for newbies as well. SO basically comparing the manga to the series is like comparing apples and pineapples, never the same.

I disagee when there's been a lot of cases where the anime version of a comic adaption was made just for fans of a manga. Ex: The X movie, or some OVAs. A lot of OVAs are made with the thought that people watching the anime will already have a lot of the backstory in mind.
ran_chan

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 2:50 am Reply with quote
hi. i really like manga of tsubasa! itz really good i love how clamp brings back their old characters! the anime is also really good there are differencies but i think they're both great and im really happy that Clamp Campus Detectives Akira, Nokoru and suoh showed up! Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Bruce Lee

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 7:54 pm Reply with quote
ran_chan wrote:
hi. i really like manga of tsubasa! itz really good i love how clamp brings back their old characters! the anime is also really good there are differencies but i think they're both great and im really happy that Clamp Campus Detectives Akira, Nokoru and suoh showed up! Smile

Does that mean this show is full of "in-jokes"? Would somebody who doesn't know the other shows/manga characters not get it?
Aromatic Grass

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:41 pm Reply with quote
Bruce Lee wrote:
ran_chan wrote:

Does that mean this show is full of "in-jokes"? Would somebody who doesn't know the other shows/manga characters not get it?

Del Rey usually explains everything in their endless amount of extras. (I like extras. Wee!)
Oh, and I like the manga better. No reason, except Sakura was more annoying in the anime.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 11:47 pm Reply with quote
Out of curiousity, how was Sakura more annoying?
ran_chan

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 2:31 am Reply with quote
Does that mean this show is full of "in-jokes"? Would somebody who doesn't know the other shows/manga characters not get it?[/quote]

i don't think the manga has any in-jokes the jokes in it you would get even if u hadn't seen the other shows which is good for those who haven't seen the other shows! i guess it wouldn't be as good if u didn't know any of the characters but it doesn't make much of a diference. because in tsubasa the characters live completely different lives to the ones in the other storys!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Aromatic Grass

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 11:28 am Reply with quote
darkchibi07 wrote:
Out of curiousity, how was Sakura more annoying?

I guess she's just not my kind of character.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Ohoni

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 12:39 am Reply with quote
I don't think it does anything to alienate non-Clamp viewers. I'll tell you my collective experience, I'd seen all of Card Captor Sakura, an episode or two of Reyearth (where Mokona comes from), most of X (where numerous bit supporting characters come from), and the begining of Chobits (where Fye's servant comes from). There are a lot of other Clamp shows I haven't seen, so some characters other people recognize, I don't.

It's not a big deal though. While you might "geek out" a bit when a character you regonize comes up, it really doesn't effect the reading/watching of it, because the characters, while similar to their original forms, are all slightly different, without their own distinct backstories, so they don't expect you to know who they are ahead of time.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1