• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Demon Diary, up to it...

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Criminalist

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 11:01 am Reply with quote
Hey everyone!

My sister started collecting a manga called "Demon Diary". Its pretty good. You'll like this it because its full of action and comedy so let me know what you think about it.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
xjadedragon750x

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 7:19 pm Reply with quote
Erm...erm...

Ok. I thought it was ok, in the first volume, and then they changed authors, and it went downhill from there. The art is pretty nice, but it doesn't make up for the lack of direction that persisted throughout the whole series. It didn't give me the satisfaction that I like to get when I finish a good volume of manga.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Nazorenere

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 1:57 pm Reply with quote
xjadedragon750x wrote:
Erm...erm...

Ok. I thought it was ok, in the first volume, and then they changed authors, and it went downhill from there. The art is pretty nice, but it doesn't make up for the lack of direction that persisted throughout the whole series. It didn't give me the satisfaction that I like to get when I finish a good volume of manga.

It changed authors? hmm...new piece of information there.

I thought the manga was pretty good overall and I absolutely loved the art. Though, the ending was kind of confusing to me. I didn't really get what Raenaf IV was really up to.
Criminalist

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 1:43 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, I expected something else on the ending, But i loved the art and the characters.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
xjadedragon750x

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 4:45 pm Reply with quote
I think I read in one of the volumes (or somewhere that had some authority) that they did change authors...because the first one had to study for entrance exams...

Raenef IV was just helping Raenef out. Or was he? Just helping him out...

It is rather confusing, especially if you start somewhere in the middle.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Nazorenere

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 1:09 pm Reply with quote
I was more confused about the time thing. If not two Raenafs can exist at the same time, then how is it that Raenaf sr. was able to appear?
xjadedragon750x

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 10:31 pm Reply with quote
I don't think they can technically exist at the same time in solid bodies, but perhaps they can exist simultaneously if one is a spirit and the other has a real body.

I'm not sure...it's been a while since I've read it again.
senguthewolf

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 4:51 pm Reply with quote
demon diary! i was not expecting to hear about that ever again. thats the first manga i ever collected, as it was given to me. sadly, I've only got up to vol 3. its pretty good, i just dont see a reason to collect more as I've already got so many other good ones
fruitsbasket1991

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 11:29 pm Reply with quote
i didn't know they changed authors either but i think its pretty good 2 I've read til only volume 7
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
xjadedragon750x

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 8:11 pm Reply with quote
There are only seven volumes.

I recently reread the whole series, and I wonder, is it possible for the whole thing to be redone? I understand that the original author had entrance exams and was replaced, but couldn't they have just postponed it until he graduated or something? Because in the first volume, it starts out with a mature-looking Raenef talking to this little girl holding a bunny. The new author never included that! I'm just a bit "moody" because of what Demon Diary wcould've been...there was great potential in that series, but the replacement rushed it through...

Would a company even considering redoing a series that already has been finished? Or, the author/artist themselves?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1