• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
which super milk chan has the cleaner cute voices?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
trip

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 3:11 pm Reply with quote
On CN they have a great super milk chan voice cast like the robot has a soft kind voice compared to the AWFUL painful voice on the others, but I dont remeber which ones are which of rentanime.com
http://www.rentanime.com/default.php?cPath=7_386

please help cause I NEVER want to hear the bad cast version again nor there awful live action thing that was on that disc,.... :<
final sage of fantas

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 3:49 pm Reply with quote
You actually like that show Shocked
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
one3rd

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 6:14 pm Reply with quote
ADV did two dubs for Milk Chan. One was a true-to-the-original script English translation. The other was ADV having fun and not to be taken seriously. The directly translated version is what was shown on Adult Swim.
totalgeek

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 6:59 pm Reply with quote
trip wrote:
On CN they have a great super milk chan voice cast like the robot has a soft kind voice compared to the AWFUL painful voice on the others, but I don't remeber which ones are which of rentanime.com
http://www.rentanime.com/default.php?cPath=7_386

please help cause I NEVER want to hear the bad cast version again nor there awful live action thing that was on that disc,.... :<

Well, I have the DVDs, and BOTH versions appear on the DVDs. They give you 2 DVDs per package. The ones which are red, white and blue (like the American Flag) are the Americanized version with the ADV "behind the scenes" episodes. The other disc is always the true to the original version with Monica Rial as Tetsuko.

EDIT: According to the boxes, Disc 2 is the Original Japanese version with the Haiku Breaks. Of course, the discs themselves do not indicate Disc 1 or 2, so just make sure you get the WHITE discs, which are the Japanese version.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1