• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Teenage mutant Ninja Turtles Gone Naruto-ish?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Laruto

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 4:16 pm Reply with quote
I was on Game trailers.com watching the trailer for the TMNT game(TMNT 3: Mutant Nightmare)When at the end of the trailer The Turtles were in combat fighting a whole Armada of Shredder's Foot warriors. Surrounded by the Shredder and his army the Turtles each pull out ninja scrolls; the scrolls light up and the turtles each transform into super Ninja turtles with hyped up weapons. The turtles also have Chakra (Spelling) flame bursting from the symbols on their backs glowing markings on their chest. It looks awesome and it's just crazy cool to see them like that, the release of the new game is this fall season, and because the game follows the series I wonder do you think this form of the turtles will appear in the series this season? and what do you think of it all in all?
Laruto

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 7:56 pm Reply with quote
Did Anyone Check out the trailer?. I would've liked to have a link to the trailer itself but I don't know how to. However if you go to game trailers.com and scroll down, you'll see a Kanomi listing that shows the TMNT trailer; click it and enjoy. However it would be nice to have someone create a link to it and get the thread going...Emerje? Ohoni? Cookie? Nirvanna? Anyone? Crying or Very sad
Nionel

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 8:44 pm Reply with quote
Sounds interesting Laruto, I'll have to look into that a bit later and see that for myself
Isaaru

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 9:22 pm Reply with quote
sounds cool. As long as they don't turn in too Wolverine like in the TMNT OAV....

anime#4107
arxane

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 9:29 pm Reply with quote
It's not surprising the turtles are probably using "Naruto" as an infleunce.

Have you seen the opening to the show? The scene where one of the turtles skids the bike down the road has GOT to be influenced by "Akira".
Laruto

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 10:22 pm Reply with quote
Isaaru wrote:
sounds cool. As long as they don't turn in too Wolverine like in the TMNT OAV....

anime#4107

It's safe to say no they don't look like that, they look better, Way Better! You should check it out! by the way can you link the trailer from here so others can see what I'm so gitty about.
Ohoni

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 10:34 pm Reply with quote
Trailer Link

Huh, interesting. I don't see the Naruto thing though, aside from that they use scrolls to activate the change. That's a pretty oldschool ninja thing though. Tenchu had it too, as did Hurricanger. Actually I saw it as being much closer to Shaman King thematicaly. They looked like they had some mad Furyoku going on. [/url]
Laruto

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 10:49 pm Reply with quote
Ohoni wrote:
Trailer Link

Huh, interesting. I don't see the Naruto thing though, aside from that they use scrolls to activate the change. That's a pretty oldschool ninja thing though. Tenchu had it too, as did Hurricanger. Actually I saw it as being much closer to Shaman King thematicaly. They looked like they had some mad Furyoku going on. [/url]

You've gotta admit though thats Freak'n Crazy cool; seeing the turtles doing something like that is awesome. I for one believe if this is shown in the next season they'll probably use these new found powers to take down Bishop and his army of new mutants. Also Thanks for the link! Very Happy now everyone can know what I'm so gitty about Shocked Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
Isaaru

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 3:50 am Reply with quote
Watch the trailer..not bad. I never played a Turtles game I didn't like. I will give it a chance.
Laruto

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 5:19 pm Reply with quote
Isaaru wrote:
Watch the trailer..not bad. I never played a Turtles game I didn't like. I will give it a chance.

Told you it was good; but I've never played any of the previous games, Did the previous ones add special powers to the turtles in the games before like this?
Ataru

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 2:26 am Reply with quote
Laruto wrote:
Told you it was good; but I've never played any of the previous games, Did the previous ones add special powers to the turtles in the games before like this?

The first one was ... decent, not as great as the side scrolling verison before it. As for the second one, don't even rent it. I hope the game is as good as it looks.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1